Virtual Season Ticket

35 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Motherwell just confirmed that their season ticket holders will get access to their live streams at no additional cost.

Also confirms that the season ticket will be valid for 19 actual in-person games, which I think is a great idea. I think Hearts have done similar.

Am I reading it right that the season ticket will just be a usual, home, ticket, and theyll be separate payments to watch away games?

Interested to see how it all gets implemented. 

To me, they have to open it up to everyone to pay on a game by game basis including away fans across the league.

This will increase revenue and actually reduce illegal streams. For example, if we are playing Aberdeen away and only home fans who are season ticket holders can watch, you can bet your arse I'll be looking for an illegal stream. However, if Aberdeen offer it up at a price, I'll pay the money to watch and will do so every other Saturday we're away.

I also love Motherwell's idea of offering their season ticket as 19 games kicking in when the doors reopen. It will likely mean they end up selling half season tickets next pre season to fill out the rest of 21/22 season but its a great idea and one I really hope St. Mirren follow suit with. 

24 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

To me, they have to open it up to everyone to pay on a game by game basis including away fans across the league.

This will increase revenue and actually reduce illegal streams. For example, if we are playing Aberdeen away and only home fans who are season ticket holders can watch, you can bet your arse I'll be looking for an illegal stream. However, if Aberdeen offer it up at a price, I'll pay the money to watch and will do so every other Saturday we're away.

I also love Motherwell's idea of offering their season ticket as 19 games kicking in when the doors reopen. It will likely mean they end up selling half season tickets next pre season to fill out the rest of 21/22 season but its a great idea and one I really hope St. Mirren follow suit with. 

Regarding the Motherwell end their are a few options available for games that Season ticket owners could not visit due to the COVID-19 Situation.

1. They can have the equivalent amount of games credited off of their season ticket when they renew for the 21/22 season
  2. They can have the equivalent amount of match tickets for games in the 21/22 season.

With this in mind, they will most likely just sell the season tickets as normal next year, with the current years season ticket holders being compensated instead (If they choose to).  I am not sure how St Mirren deal with their season tickets but i guess it will be up to the club and their current situation at the end of the 20/21 season.

Let's be serious the way things are going Scotland should be in Phase 3 by the time the season kicks off.

If we are not it means things have kicked off again and there will likely be no football period.

This idea is nuts.

Outwith the OF, Hibs and Aberdeen, fans would be able to socially distance inside stadiums no bother without greatly (if at all) impacting the gate.

The only loss in revenue to the majority of clubs in the short term is when the OF visit, and these games are on TV anyway. For most clubs this will be 1 game. Unlucky clubs might lose out twice.

One suspects this idea is a ploy to sell season tickets to generate some cash for clubs over the summer, rather than an idea that will actually see the light of day / be used by very many.

Edited by Todd_is_God

8 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Let's be serious the way things are going Scotland should be in Phase 3 by the time the season kicks off.

If we are not it means things have kicked off again and there will likely be no football period.

This idea is nuts.

Outwith the OF, Hibs and Aberdeen, fans would be able to socially distance inside stadiums no bother without greatly (if at all) impacting the gate.

The only loss in revenue to the majority of clubs in the short term is when the OF visit, and these games are on TV anyway. For most clubs this will be 1 game. Unlucky clubs might lose out twice.

One suspects this idea is a ploy to sell season tickets to generate some cash for clubs over the summer, rather than an idea that will actually see the light of day / be used by very many.

They might be able to but that doesn't mean that they will do as they're told. They can be right wee scamps some football fans.

9 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

This idea is nuts.

I agree you'd think some fans would be allowed inside stadiums by the time football restarts. But it might not be what people prefer – I get fed up queueing for a couple of minutes outside the local butcher, so I'm not going to want to drive to Perth to wait in line for an hour with a couple of thousand at McDiarmid. And there will be plenty of fans falling into the 'at risk' category, who'll be reluctant (or unable) to attend matches for some time. Now they know they'll be able to watch their team come what may. And yes, on the other side, it gives clubs the ability to sell season tickets now. I don't see what's nuts about that.

9 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

One suspects this idea is a ploy to sell season tickets to generate some cash for clubs over the summer

:lol:

You mean it's a way to for clubs to earn some cash at a time when they desperately need it, with no immediate return to fans in the stadium possible?

I think you cracked the case.

35 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

:lol:

You mean it's a way to for clubs to earn some cash at a time when they desperately need it, with no immediate return to fans in the stadium possible?

I think you cracked the case.

Well aye 😂

But what I mean is I imagine many would hold off on buying a season ticket for next season just now based on the fact they may not be able to physically use it until next year.

This allows them to buy one knowing it would be useful in August either way.

I could maybe have worded it differently tbf 😂

1 hour ago, Steve McQueen said:

For games that are on sky i have in the past used Now TV, £9,99 for a Day, £14.99 a week or £33.99 a month for access to all Sky Sports rather than a subscription.

I use Now TV daily and weekly passes sometimes too, usually for Scotland games.

Quick tip; any time you want a pass, Google it. You can often find passes online for much cheaper. The last couple of day passes I got were £3, and I got a weekly one for £8 last year too.

They just email you a code and you bang it in as normal and works fine.

40 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

And yes, on the other side, it gives clubs the ability to sell season tickets now. I don't see what's nuts about that.

I don't know about other clubs, but at Accies a season ticket worked out around £18 a game.

The idea of anyone happily paying £18 to stream, for example, Hamilton v Ross County through a single video camera is nuts.

You make some great points tbf about queues though. Moving the crowd at a reasonable pace is a challenge. Cash gates are the obvious bottleneck, and I imagine all games would maybe need to be all ticket to limit crowds. Perhaps clubs could introduce print at home style tickets and consider opening and scanning these at the exit gates to attempt to make things as smooth as possible.

13 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Well aye 😂

But what I mean is I imagine many would hold off on buying a season ticket for next season just now based on the fact they may not be able to physically use it until next year.

This allows them to buy one knowing it would be useful in August either way.

I could maybe have worded it differently tbf 😂

A lot comes down to pricing.

Aberdeen are selling ST's at going to the match prices (around £20 a ticket), so if you can stream an individual game for say £5 then why would you get a ST from a value for money point of view.

They can't realistically charge £20 to stream an individual game and similarly they can't sell ST's at streaming prices as it fucks over the 6,500 who have already bought ST's. Bit of a dilemma but they will still be depending a lot on the goodwill of fans.

I, like most others I would think, renewed my season tickets for myself and my son without really knowing (or caring) what I was actually going to get for my money.

It was more important to give my money to St Mirren at a time when they really need it. Now if we get access to any home games on the tv included in that it’s a bonus.