Virtual Season Ticket

This is mentioned in a few threads so thought it would be handy to put all on one thread.

Does anyone have any idea how this might work?

E.g. would I need to buy a Sky subscription or might it be PPV?

I already have a season ticket for home league games. Are clubs likely to charge again for these games to be broadcast?

A slightly different question, do all clubs have the TV infrastructure available to film live games live?

Us and celtic are including home games for season ticket holders.

Several premiership clubs broadcast their games for overseas fans.

It probably won’t be TV quality, but if they’re allowed to show games shot with a single camera with commentary, would that be enough for people?

Edited by GallowayBlue

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

A slightly different question, do all clubs have the TV infrastructure available to film live games live?

Us and celtic are including home games for season ticket holders.

I think Hamilton are the only club not to have club TV sorry in the top flight.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

Not sure how accurate this is from Ewan Murray,

@mrewanmurray 

Important SPFL streaming footnote: numbers will be capped at the level of season ticket holders clubs had in 2019/20.

Edited by bennett

Okay. 

I imagine it will be included as part of your normal Season Ticket. I believe County have already said as much. As for cameras, the EFL down south have been using the iFollow service for all their games for a couple of seasons now, it's usually just one (maybe two) cameras, it's not terrible quality. The SPFL currently has the capibility for live streaming of matches anyway as there's an OB Unit at every Premeirship game nowadays (bar Rangers and Celtic, who do their own in house).

That Ewen Murray tweet is an irrelevance and probably only pertains to matches that are live on Sky. (In which case you could get a NowTV Sports Day pass for £7).

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Mince,how can you lock fans out of a virtual season ticket.
Clubs will make dosh off this, probably Sky will get a percentage if there camera's are used.

Could sky have insisted on caps?

Okay. 

I imagine it will be included as part of your normal Season Ticket. I believe County have already said as much. As for cameras, the EFL down south have been using the iFollow service for all their games for a couple of seasons now, it's usually just one (maybe two) cameras, it's not terrible quality. The SPFL currently has the capibility for live streaming of matches anyway as there's an OB Unit at every Premeirship game nowadays (bar Rangers and Celtic, who do their own in house).

That Ewen Murray tweet is an irrelevance and probably only pertains to matches that are live on Sky. (In which case you could get a NowTV Sports Day pass for £7).

Pixellot is a company that I know some Scottish clubs have already been using to produce match day content

Okay. 

I don't see how it is an irrelevance if I've understood it correctly then the likes of Livingston could only sell around 1k virtual tickets for games against Celtic, Rangers etc. That will be a huge drop off in income especially with no hospitality etc. The clubs will be losing a fortune each game.

6 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
1 hour ago, ArabAuslander said:
Okay. 

I don't see how it is an irrelevance if I've understood it correctly then the likes of Livingston could only sell around 1k virtual tickets for games against Celtic, Rangers etc. That will be a huge drop off in income especially with no hospitality etc. The clubs will be losing a fortune each game.

Well there's less TV Games (on Sky) next season so maybe one or two the Livi/Accies vs OF won't be shown live by SKY and so could be watched by 20,000 Celtic fans and they could recoup some of the money that would be otherwise lost. It's not the best solution (fans in the ground) but it's the best of bad situation.

4 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Yes, but they will capped to the number of ST Holders 

So in my house we have 3 season tickets, so the 3 of us can watch in the house and I can also give a couple of mates details of the other 2 season tickets and they can watch as well

Just now, Lobby Dossar said:

So in my house we have 3 season tickets, so the 3 of us can watch in the house and I can also give a couple of mates details of the other 2 season tickets and they can watch as well

Hope so, similar situation in our house.

5 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Yes, but they will capped to the number of ST Holders 

I can see the point of limiting it to ST holders if Sky are showing it but say I fancy watching Hibs v Aberdeen does that mean I can’t.

Would make sense to have some kind of day pass for casual fans