Sign in to follow this  

46 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Litter pisses me off. 

I walked up Ben Nevis a couple of years ago and I was astonished at the amount of rubbish lying around at the top. Some of it had been hidden under stones. There was even an empty Buckfast bottle placed carefully on top of one of the cairns. No doubt some weegie with their tedious "wha's like us" patter. 

I live quite close to a secondary school and the kids make a right fucking mess at lunchtime. They must thinking dropping a crisp packet makes them cool and rebellious. 

In Falkirk after lunchtime the council has 2 litter pickers from the council clean up after them every school day.

Basically picking up after then like their mommies.

Kids are shite

Edited by Gaz FFC

The Government should employ someone to pick it up tbh. They could also fix the broken pavements and roads.
The Government doesn't get enough blame for being utterly shite and wasting vast amounts of money on pointless stuff.

Are you trying to excuse folk for being too lazy so we should instead employ someone to do their dirty work for them? Maybe if the dregs of society used bins/took their rubbish home/cleaned up after their dog we wouldn’t need to employ anybody.

Just now, jamamafegan said:

Are you trying to excuse folk for being too lazy so we should instead employ someone to do their dirty work for them? Maybe if the dregs of society used bins/took their rubbish home/cleaned up after their dog we wouldn’t need to employ anybody.

Falkirk council employ folk to clean up after them

Falkirk council employ folk to clean up after them

I don’t agree with the principle of this. It buys into the whole “aw some c**t from the council will get it” culture.

In Falkirk it’s easier to send people round to litter pick but that changes when the litter is in less accessible Scottish countryside, up munros and in woodlands. Also by the time these litter pickers have arrived on the scene some of the litter could have been wind blown elsewhere - so now it’s in the wider environment.

Why should our taxes be wasted on employing someone to clean up after entitled c***s too good to clean up after themselves?

It's definitely got a lot worse over the last few years. I'd increase the fine for it to £3000, which would be practical, funny and hopefully a deterrent. 

5 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

It's definitely got a lot worse over the last few years. I'd increase the fine for it to £3000, which would be practical, funny and hopefully a deterrent. 

I'd go for that. They should also be named and shamed and have their photo published somewhere. A gallery of minks.

https://www.zerowastescotland.org.uk/DumbDumpers

Quite often there's identifying material in the waste so it's always worth taking a few photos and reporting it here. Where I used to live there was forest and always the first 100 metres or so someone would have dropped a load of rubbish, several times this included demands for council tax or similar with their name and address on it.

9 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I don't litter, no. I do spit though and apparently that is just as bad. 

In Sweden they had/have folk on the busses to take your litter. Amazing. 

When you talk about spitting, are you doing it blatantly on the street where other people can see you or are you making an effort to disguise it? The spot itself isn’t doing any harm but seeing someone spitting is pretty unpleasant to put it lightly. 

Littering is truly despicable behaviour,  you have to have a real lack of respect for your surroundings to do that sort of thing.

The various beauty spots near me attract youngsters for nights of camping and bevvying. They leave behind tents, bottles, and piles of rubbish. Really foul behaviour. Nearby there are army barracks where, as far as I can tell, scores of heavily armed, fit young angry men do little but go jogging and tag-team local bored housewives.

Why not send the soldiers out to hide in bushes etc and machine gun any litter louts, leaving a few survivors who can take the rubbish to the many nearby recycling bins at gunpoint, then machine gun them too?

I'm curious what their house looks like if they see no issue with throwing rubbish all over the streets where they live.

They obviously have no cares about cleanliness and attracting wildlife.

3 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The Government doesn't get enough blame for being utterly shite and wasting vast amounts of money on pointless stuff.

True. God only knows how much was wasted on your education. Hopefully you don't breed or that'll be more money down the drain. 

Just now, Gaz FFC said:

I'm curious what their house looks like if they see no issue with throwing rubbish all over the streets where they live.

They obviously have no cares about cleanliness and attracting wildlife.

These are the same folk blasting music out their phone on the bus, shouting across the street at someone they know instead of walking up to them to say hi quietly, parking across two disabled spaces, talking and texting in the cinema, drinking on the train etc. That bit of their brain has been burned out by a childhood of monster energy and happy hardcore.

1 minute ago, MixuFruit said:

These are the same folk blasting music out their phone on the bus, shouting across the street at someone they know instead of walking up to them to say hi quietly, parking across two disabled spaces, talking and texting in the cinema, drinking on the train etc. That bit of their brain has been burned out by a childhood of monster energy and happy hardcore.

So basically they're just c***s.

Just now, Gaz FFC said:

So basically they're just c***s.

Yes. Shariah law for them.

4 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Bring back hanging I say

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Bring back hanging I say

unironic support for this

ETA: this is the kind of thing my 'one free murder a year' idea would swiftly eradicate.

Edited by MixuFruit

2 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

unironic support for this

ETA: this is the kind of thing my 'one free murder a year' idea would swiftly eradicate.

Which of those heinous crimes would you use for your 1st one?

Just now, hk blues said:

Which of those heinous crimes would you use for your 1st one?

Oh in the first year I'd probably axe the most annoying person at my work and from then on focus on antisocial stuff like littering.