Big Brother really is watching...or should I say the police

21 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Not that I can remember. I've called places using the landline but never my mobile. 

Is it the number you’ve given the council tax, utility companies etc? 

You should get a bag of mobiles you use for various different enterprises IMO.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I phoned police Scotland to enquire about something. I used my mobile and didnt give my name or anything. The call handler phoned me and said "hello is that..." and proceeded to say my first and surname! I honestly have no idea how they could have known that as I'm PAYG 🤔

^^^^Curtain twitcher, imho

I phoned my local police station with my usual weekly list of offensive posts on pie and Bovril and desk sergeant said “not you again!”

It’s truly like 1984 come to life.

"Hi, I'm calling about my arrest for stuffing seahorses up my arse on the seafront last weekend..."

"Oh, hello Mr Thereisalight..."

"WTF HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME"

2 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Isn't Britain the most spied on country in the world? Even worse than China.

You can't buy a packet of Hubba Bubba without Farquhar Blatherington-Smythe knowing about it.

Why is Farquhar interested in your shopping habits?

1 hour ago, Old Diamond said:

Watch the film "Enemy of the State", very concerning.

Jason "My Name is Earl" Lee is excellent in his small role in this film.  Oops.  Not sure that it what you were on about here.

Oh and Gene Hackman was excellent too!  Oops.

Also thought Will Smith was good and Tom Sizemore as well.  Oh dear.  Anyway.  Back to the thread ..

2 hours ago, Old Diamond said:

Watch the film "Enemy of the State", very concerning.

Incredibly realistic too, like when they use a shop’s private CCTV and spin the image round 180 degrees somehow and discern someone dropped something into Will Smith’s bag or something. [/sarcasm]

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It would be a bit naive to give all your private information away to Alexa, google, facebook, tesco, amazon, twitter etc without expecting the polis have a wee nosey.

Definitely wouldn't download the Covid app though 😂

I wonder how much Div gets for flogging our details to the polis/the security services/Kim Jong Un for blackmail purposes..

I think someone who worked for them told me the ambulance service have caller details on a database for use in emergency.

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Definitely wouldn't download the Covid app though 😂

Yet another victory for British exceptionalism. Instead of taking an off the shelf app from nosey fuckers we already know about and submit to, like Apple and Google, we build our own Heath Robinson version that doesn't seem to work and hand over the data security to creepy fuckers by their association with Cummings, including his sister.

6 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I phoned police Scotland to enquire about something. I used my mobile and didnt give my name or anything. The call handler phoned me and said "hello is that..." and proceeded to say my first and surname! I honestly have no idea how they could have known that as I'm PAYG 🤔

Your phone was probably paired automatically to your ankle tag.

Surely you need a land-line for the internet? :shutup

You need a phone line, but have a phone plugged in to receive nuisance calls on? f**k that. If anyone needs to contact me, they’ll try my mobile - I don’t know my house number so I’ve certainly never given it to anyone

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

You need a phone line, but have a phone plugged in to receive nuisance calls on? f**k that. If anyone needs to contact me, they’ll try my mobile - I don’t know my house number so I’ve certainly never given it to anyone

This. Been in this house 4 years and no idea what the landline number is and it has never rung once since we moved in.