Big Brother really is watching...or should I say the police

I phoned police Scotland to enquire about something. I used my mobile and didnt give my name or anything. The call handler phoned me and said "hello is that..." and proceeded to say my first and surname! I honestly have no idea how they could have known that as I'm PAYG 🤔

16 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I phoned police Scotland to enquire about something. I used my mobile and didnt give my name or anything. The call handler phoned me and said "hello is that..." and proceeded to say my first and surname! I honestly have no idea how they could have known that as I'm PAYG 🤔

Is there more to this.....

It's a yes from me. 

1 minute ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Isn't Britain the most spied on country in the world? Even worse than China.

You can't buy a packet of Hubba Bubba without Farquhar Blatherington-Smythe knowing about it.

I bought a packet of Hubba Bubba.  Could have been me.

33 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Check outside and see if there's an old PO van parked nearby. 

I phoned police Scotland to enquire about something. I used my mobile and didnt give my name or anything. The call handler phoned me and said "hello is that..." and proceeded to say my first and surname! I honestly have no idea how they could have known that as I'm PAYG [emoji848]
Hello dave

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Had you called before from that number?

Guest JTS98
31 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Isn't Britain the most spied on country in the world? Even worse than China.

You can't buy a packet of Hubba Bubba without Farquhar Blatherington-Smythe knowing about it.

Depends what you mean.

Do British people need to use facial recognition to check into hotels? Does the British government send 'approved' persons to live in the fucking house of ethnic minorities to keep an eye on them? Does the British government force people to download apps to track their movement and behaviour and use that information to put them in re-education camps? Does Britain have a social credit system designed to make disagreeing with The Party utterly socially disabling?

It's probably not really worse than China.

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

No I havent. Just found it very strange 

Any other emergency services or 101? The number has obviously been shared by a 3rd party if you didn't do it. Filled in any forms on line or on paper?

1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Rather than being the most 'spied upon' country, is it not just the case that we have the most (there or thereabouts) CCTV cameras per head of population ?

Some countries like Germany ban the likes of Google street view. We have cctv everywhere and GHCQ monitoring our calls whilst getting hysterical about the thought of ID cards, when at the same time we need driving licenses, bank cards and passports to function. 

12 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Any other emergency services or 101? The number has obviously been shared by a 3rd party if you didn't do it. Filled in any forms on line or on paper?

Not that I can remember. I've called places using the landline but never my mobile. 

I phoned police Scotland to enquire about something. I used my mobile and didnt give my name or anything. The call handler phoned me and said "hello is that..." and proceeded to say my first and surname! I honestly have no idea how they could have known that as I'm PAYG [emoji848]

Definitely getting a strong chap on the door at 5am type post.