Fire at Saughton Enclosure

3 hours ago, Allnitelong said:

Correct me if I,m wrong but I thought this was an open forum where free speech and opinions were welcomed and and not shouted down because some sanctimonious morons disagreed with what was posted. Twice yesterday I was abused on here for voicing my views . 8Milebonehead began then was quickly followed by LTL who had the audacity to bring my I.q. into question.

For too long on here the pair have tried to drive their holier than thou attitudes against other users with the attitude of we,re taking the moral high ground,  my opinion matters and screw others.

So my advice to you both is by all means raise issues and reply to posts but keep the personal insults to your inbred selves.

While you make a valid point about the open forum and have same right as anyone to post, why say the last 6 words of your post, when you  direct a personal insult insult yourself. Any moral high ground defeated there and then.

For what it is worth I don’t think that 8mile’s initial comment on this post merited your response. He made an observation and didn’t qualify it as an issue solely to what happened at Saughton enclosure. 

3 hours ago, Allnitelong said:

Correct me if I,m wrong but I thought this was an open forum where free speech and opinions were welcomed and and not shouted down because some sanctimonious morons disagreed with what was posted. Twice yesterday I was abused on here for voicing my views . 8Milebonehead began then was quickly followed by LTL who had the audacity to bring my I.q. into question.

For too long on here the pair have tried to drive their holier than thou attitudes against other users with the attitude of we,re taking the moral high ground,  my opinion matters and screw others.

So my advice to you both is by all means raise issues and reply to posts but keep the personal insults to your inbred selves.

"Will you sanctimonious morons and boneheads keep the personal insults to your inbred selves"

Oh dear 🙈

On 02/06/2020 at 10:29, cmontheloknow said:

A pretty good indicator of what an area is like.

https://simd.scot/#/simd2020/BTTTFTT/14/-3.2700/55.9305/

SIMD is pretty limited tbh, it averages out what shouldn't be averaged. That aside, of the 7,000-ish data zones, there are over 1,200 with worse scores on crime than where Saughton Enclosure is located.

3 minutes ago, GordonS said:

SIMD is pretty limited tbh, it averages out what shouldn't be averaged. That aside, of the 7,000-ish data zones, there are over 1,200 with worse scores on crime than where Saughton Enclosure is located.

the very definition of averaging does just that! It's why averages are misleading in almost every way when it comes to the extremes but there tends to be fewer better ways to do it without losing confidentiality.

A while ago I had a look to see which of the current top flight was in the 'best' area. I was surprised with the answer!

Edited by cmontheloknow