Fire at Saughton Enclosure

Never felt totally safe round those parts when parking the car, rough as f*ck.
When my mother in law was still alive she lived in Whitson - it's not so bad. There are a lot worse areas further to the west. You get scum kids just about anywhere though, unless you're in places like Barnton or the Grange. The kids there don't become scum until they get jobs and join political parties.

Apparently it was storage for pole vault mats that went on fire, the running track will probably have been burned as well.

You could see the smoke from my house, it seemed to go away pretty quickly.

9 hours ago, chocolateankles said:

Aye I played ams football there loads of times over the years. Not the best of areas but would agree with those who’ve said there’s worse.

12 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Fire a unit next to running track apparently.

Totally predictable and no surprise whatsoever that the Police are saying it’s deliberate. Some folk are utter scum. And their weans are scum too.

Pot and black here, it’s only months ago that the band hall in Bo’ness was burnt down

Didnt see anything in 8MileBU's post that suggested that it wouldn't happen in Bo'ness. There's also no suggestion I can see that most people in one place or the other are scum only that some people in the wider population are. Given the number of these incidents we are seeing right across the central belt in recent times that's fair comment.

18 hours ago, chocolateankles said:

Bit much. I work near there and it's no paradise, but it's not that bad (from any experience I've had). Kids anywhere will start fires when they are bored.

Doesn't look like the damage is too bad, so hopefully clubs won't be too badly hit by this, especially since there probably isn't an immediate requirement to get things sorted for games going ahead.

Apparently there was a homeless guy living in there who had to be rescued, hopefully someone is able to get him some help as well.

On 02/06/2020 at 10:31, Allnitelong said:

Pot and black here, it’s only months ago that the band hall in Bo’ness was burnt down

Right, so do you think I was happy about the fire that destroyed the band hall?

Do you think I praised the actions of those who set the fire, or do you think I called them scum?

Arse.

On 02/06/2020 at 11:03, LongTimeLurker said:

^^^Looking for an argument where there is none.

Indeed. 

On 02/06/2020 at 11:47, Allnitelong said:

No argument from my side only stating facts

Fact: In various threads on this forum you will see I’ve condemned the scum who’ve committed acts of vandalism or arson at several grounds, Bo’ness and elsewhere.

Arse. 

On 02/06/2020 at 11:59, LongTimeLurker said:

Didnt see anything in 8MileBU's post that suggested that it wouldn't happen in Bo'ness. There's also no suggestion I can see that most people in one place or the other are scum only that some people in the wider population are. Given the number of these incidents we are seeing right across the central belt in recent times that's fair comment.

Indeed. Don’t think @Allnitelong is the brightest. 

Sadly though, scum are everywhere. Not the first time and won’t be the last time we hear of this.

On 02/06/2020 at 16:30, supermik said:

Wonder who stays in that tiny red dot in Juniper Green! 😎

Is it Jesus? 🤔

Edited by 8MileBU

Correct me if I,m wrong but I thought this was an open forum where free speech and opinions were welcomed and and not shouted down because some sanctimonious morons disagreed with what was posted. Twice yesterday I was abused on here for voicing my views . 8Milebonehead began then was quickly followed by LTL who had the audacity to bring my I.q. into question.

For too long on here the pair have tried to drive their holier than thou attitudes against other users with the attitude of we,re taking the moral high ground,  my opinion matters and screw others.

So my advice to you both is by all means raise issues and reply to posts but keep the personal insults to your inbred selves.