Eden Project Dundee

This would be massive for Dundee. Again showing the ambition and the high quality of not only the City of Discovery but its top notch inhabitants to attract something of such high calibre. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-52818911

I, for one, would be extremely excited if this was to be given the green light.

I would also state that my guess for the location would be Camperdown Park due to the transport links, infrastructure and sheer size.

20 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

This would be massive for Dundee. Again showing the ambition and the high quality of not only the City of Discovery but its top notch inhabitants to attract something of such high calibre. 

I would also state that my guess for the location would be Camperdown Park due to the transport links, infrastructure and sheer size.

Hope it goes ahead so I can tell folk I live East of Eden.

In the Land of Nod.

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

It has also been suggested that it may be on the riverside between the airport and Invergowrie. 

Where ever it goes it would be a welcome addition to Dundee. I'd love to see it happen.

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

1 minute ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

It has also been suggested that it may be on the riverside between the airport and Invergowrie. 

Where ever it goes it would be a welcome addition to Dundee. I'd love to see it happen.

Yeah, would make sense. That's pretty close to the Botanics so I'd assume there would be a tie with them and probably D&A College too.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The Dundee one will be f**k all like the Cornwall one apparently. None of this rainforest shite.

Probably a big greenhouse full of ganja.

They won't be short of Botanists, going by the stench of it round Dryburgh.

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Combine it with the new Dundee stadia, how many other teams are playing in a bi-orb?

Dundee FC leading the way, yet again.

Thank you.

I suppose it would be called Edens Park

12 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The Dundee one will be f**k all like the Cornwall one apparently. None of this rainforest shite.

Probably a big greenhouse full of ganja.

I read that the one in Cornwall was planning to open another dome with a desert landscape inside but the funding fell through. That could be the plan for Dundee. TBH a dome full of sand sounds pretty boring.

I'd go for a nuclear winter theme myself. Recreate the second half of Threads in a huge polythene tent. The staff could dress up as traffic wardens with assault rifles and the cafeteria could serve up grilled rat. 

51 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I'd go for a nuclear winter theme myself. Recreate the second half of Threads in a huge polythene tent. The staff could dress up as traffic wardens with assault rifles and the cafeteria could serve up grilled rat. 

They built that years ago in Cowdenbeath.