Scottish Premiership training to resume June 11th.

7 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

So hearts could be out of hibernation for a couple of Scottish cup games then in back into hibernation till January .

Or win the cup and only have Europe to play in and nothing else as the betfred cup looks doubtful

The Scottish Cup is planned to take place when crowds have returned, so no this fantasy scenario won't be taking place. And they won't be in Europe, because the teams who are participating in Europe have already been decided (obviously, because the Europa League will kick off long before the Scottish Cup is completed).

Edited by craigkillie

Thank God for celtic having everyones best interests at heart...

Celtic have told the SPFL to issue the fixture calendar for the new season "as soon as possible".

The new Premiership season will start behind closed doors on the weekend of 1 August - if Scotland is in phase two of its coronavirus recovery.

Premiership clubs have been given a targeted return date of 11 June for player training before the new campaign.

Talks will continue regarding how lower league football will restart.

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell, who contributed to the meeting, has welcomed the prospect of a phased return for training and competitive matches, in line with the safety of all concerned.

Celtic has, for some time, been engaging with the top experts in this field - knowledge and guidance which we have shared with the joint response group, other Scottish clubs and the Scottish Government in order to support a safe, effective and quick return to football.

Guest DAVIDB69
The Scottish Cup is planned to take place when crowds have returned, so no this fantasy scenario won't be taking place. And they won't be in Europe, because the teams who are participating in Europe have already been decided (obviously, because the Europa League will kick off long before the Scottish Cup is completed).

Yes I completely forgot we took the 4 spots from the league , Celtic still dictating I see

We still having 4 old firm games in 2021

20 hours ago, Ged said:

Getting the Scottish Cup completed could be tricky seeing as there's a lower league club still left in the competition and they won't be playing until yon time. I wonder if there's any way that we can get them in the top league?

There is every likelihood that the Scottish Cup will not be played until crowds are allowed back into grounds. European competitions are played by teams from countries who are out of season, so there is a precedent for asking Hearts to play without match experience. If they didn't like it at the time, they could withdraw from the competition. 

39 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

I think the fact that SPFL made be the only league in Europe that starts a new season at the given time tells you that .

Where have you plucked that from?

Most obvious examples of other seasons ending are Belgium, France and Holland, who will all be due to start their new season on its expected date as things stand.

Guest DAVIDB69
Where have you plucked that from?
Most obvious examples of other seasons ending are Belgium, France and Holland, who will all be due to start their new season on its expected date as things stand.

Those other leagues would have started before September

Why are Celtic bumping their gums about getting fixtures announced on May 30th? Last season, when everyone knew what was happening in the world, they were released on June 21st. Now, when nobody really knows for sure when the league season starts, which teams will definitely be able to play, Celtic want the fixtures announced earlier than ever. They've been quiet for too long, and now shite starts to come out.  Oh, almost forgot, they also think that they have more power than the government to say what is going to happen with playing our league(s).

Guest DAVIDB69

The reason being I would think would be I assume , if the first old firm game is at their place with no crowd they will be able to complain and say it’s unfair and get it cancelled till the new year .

On 29/05/2020 at 19:01, Coventry Saint said:
On 29/05/2020 at 18:55, DAVIDB69 said:

So we may be the only league in Europe that starts a new season on time

With a new TV deal and prize money all doled out so teams can budget accordingly.

I think it's been handled perfectly, tbqhwy.

Wy?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52899339

This looks to be either poor reporting or a plan that isn't particularly well thought out.

'Each player and member of staff will have to fill out a Covid-19 questionnaire before every session, while also being subject to a contactless temperature check to ensure they are free from the virus' - Temperature checks will not do anything for asymptomatic carriers of which I believe most people are.

'Clubs will carry out their own Covid-19 tests, rather than use the NHS, and will conduct them twice a week for the foreseeable future, but due to high demand, it could take up to six weeks for testing machines to be delivered.'  - I haven't been closely following the Scottish coverage but as I understand, there is considerable capacity for testing (80% not used daily). Others may disagree but why not use this for the presumably 100 tests per club per week in the short-term until clubs are able to attain testing machines? This could even be a good opportunity to launch track and trace.

I also think the idea of shielding players and their families aside from them attending training is pie in the sky.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

4 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Scottish Premiership clubs are to get the option to sell 'virtual season tickets' this will allow fans to see home games that they would normally miss when football returns in early August. 

Source:-

https://spfl.co.uk/news/scottish-premiership-to-return-as-part-of-new-de

So sky are showing 48 games, are clubs free to sell virtual tickets for the remaining games or can they sell tickets for the games sky are covering?

13 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52899339

This looks to be either poor reporting or a plan that isn't particularly well thought out.

'Each player and member of staff will have to fill out a Covid-19 questionnaire before every session, while also being subject to a contactless temperature check to ensure they are free from the virus' - Temperature checks will not do anything for asymptomatic carriers of which I believe most people are.

'Clubs will carry out their own Covid-19 tests, rather than use the NHS, and will conduct them twice a week for the foreseeable future, but due to high demand, it could take up to six weeks for testing machines to be delivered.'  - I haven't been closely following the Scottish coverage but as I understand, there is considerable capacity for testing (80% not used daily). Others may disagree but why not use this for the presumably 100 tests per club per week in the short-term until clubs are able to attain testing machines? This could even be a good opportunity to launch track and trace.

I also think the idea of shielding players and their families aside from them attending training is pie in the sky.

Clubs were sent pages of advice a few days back. It's the price to pay for getting football restarted in the middle of a global health pandemic.

Guest DAVIDB69
So sky are showing 48 games, are clubs free to sell virtual tickets for the remaining games or can they sell tickets for the games sky are covering?

It sounds like season ticket holders will have to pay again for games that they have paid for but can’t go to.

But it doesn’t make clear if non season tickets holders can buy these on a short term or game by game basis

It sounds like season ticket holders will have to pay again for games that they have paid for but can’t go to.

But it doesn’t make clear if non season tickets holders can buy these on a short term or game by game basis

What makes you think that?

On your second point, you'd imagine/hope that there would be the option to stream each game individually. It would be nice for some clarity though. That said, if it's possible to watch away games then it will be possible to watch individual games.

Excellent news that this has been sorted well in advance of the season starting, credit to the SPFL where it’s due

Will be interested to see further details when they emerge, one off game costs, away games etc

Will definitely be putting my hand in my pocket either way though 

Edited by Frank Grimes

I've just reread the statement and can see where you're coming from. "Each Premiership club will be able to sell a package to season ticket holders to watch all home games," sounds like clubs will be able to charge extra on top of the ST money.