George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

12 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Whereas here, folk drove six hours to buy Krispy Kreme doughnuts. 

5 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

IIRC one of the gun lobby's arguments is that the people's right to bear arms is a constitutional protection against federal government tyranny. Now that there is an actual government putting the military on the streets, when will we see 2nd amendment enthusiasts providing armed protection for their fellow citizens who are exercising their 1st amendment rights?

...but...but...but...that's only for when an English king turns up to demand taxes without representation again!

This is the problem with the "right to bear arms" pish; there literally is no actual situation where the public would support taking up arms against their own government, so all you're left with is a bunch of posturing arseholes helping to facilitate murder.

On the plus side, one of these nutbag militia groups will eventually fire off an accidental shot while they're occupying a government building and get shot by security as a result. His mates will panic, assume the gub'mint is finally coming for them, and you'll end up with a slaughter at the state house. And maybe, just maybe, somebody might finally figure out that allowing heavily armed fascists to openly threaten elected officials with reprisals unless they get their way isn't a healthy indicator of a sane and reasonable society.

Either that, or the lesson will be that more education on gun handling is required in schools  :rolleyes:

Did we finally manage to deport Jedward?

Immigration stories like this could be the turning point on my way to becoming a old Tory c**t.

Interesting take from Nedum Onuoha: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52898280

Heard similar stories from a coupla black folk I know who have went to America. Not that any would claim the UK to a bastion of racial acceptance but they feel on edge and prejudiced a lot more over there. Did the foreign office not once add specific travel advice for black British people going to the US explaining their cops are a little trigger happy when faced with black people compared with the local constabulary they're used to?

18 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I’d dump her for that behaviour -

"Influencers" are some of the worst people on the planet.

10 minutes ago, RiG said:

"Influencers" are some of the worst people on the planet.

It's part of the reason I hate 99% of YouTube travel videos.  Most of them are total narcissists, more interested in themselves than the place they're "sooooo stoked!" to visit.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

the simulation is collapsing like a neutron star and i love it

The guy only wants a piece, everyone should have a piece imo.

Who is Jedward anyway?

58 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Josie Long's Jedward routine is one of my favourite standup things ever and I wonder if this the less into it Jedward brother

What?

It will be a great honour to serve alongside Jedward in the wars to come.

A mate of mine went to the same primary and tried to get a follow back by pointing that out to them and they just replied “not the same class but I guess that’s cool”. Absolutely called out for clout sharking by the boys, kings.

Is the term “Karen” exclusively American or are we going to start seeing it used over here as well? The first time I heard it was the woman who reported the African American filming her in Central Park but i can see it’s been around for years. 

19 minutes ago, throbber said:

Is the term “Karen” exclusively American or are we going to start seeing it used over here as well? The first time I heard it was the woman who reported the African American filming her in Central Park but i can see it’s been around for years. 

Had to google that. Americans are nuts. Her dog's been taken away too because she was choking it.

Edited by welshbairn

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Had to google that. Americans are nuts. Her dog's been taken away too because she was choking it.

I don’t think she is a stereotypical Karen but someone referred to her as that and it’s why I looked up what it meant.