George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:
13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
So you're once again ignoring the other points then.

Okay if it comes out that a player or member of staff has requested this then I'll eat my words until then I'll take this the same way as Celtics "solidarity" with Palestine stunt, pure publicity.

Celtic as a club have never done anything to show solidarity with Palestine, whether for publicity or otherwise. Celtic supporters have and the plc would probably, on balance, rather they wouldn't.

58 minutes ago, bennett said:

Why would someone save those lies about George Floyd and repost them, surely Henderson to deliver must know the type of damage they could cause if people started to believe them?

Atleast the vanguards had the good grace to delete them. 

Thoughts and prayers man. Better luck in your choice of racists to defend next time.

Celtic as a club have never done anything to show solidarity with Palestine, whether for publicity or otherwise. Celtic supporters have and the plc would probably, on balance, rather they wouldn't.
Did the club come out with a statement or any comments regarding the fans with the flags?

Even if it is a cynical publicity stunt, the fact that corporations(and not just Liverpool) see it as good for them as a company to support such causes is a big positive.

We live in a world where big companies have significant influence and whilst that's not a good situation lets not complain when they use that influence in the right way.

Edited by parsforlife

Just now, Empty It said:
2 minutes ago, The OP said:

Did the club come out with a statement or any comments regarding the fans with the flags?

You seem to be moving the goalposts from "they sought pure publicity with their stunt" to "they didn't make a public statement against it". I can't be arsed being taken off track and hunting links for the benefit of this thread, just thought I'd correct a piece of nonsense. 

You seem to be moving the goalposts from "they sought pure publicity with their stunt" to "they didn't make a public statement against it". I can't be arsed being taken off track and hunting links for the benefit of this thread, just thought I'd correct a piece of nonsense. 
Was genuinely just curious wasnt looking for evidence but okay.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The election will be decided by swing voters, they supported Trump last time around but won’t this time.

The frightening thing is that there is still a hard core of 40% who will support him come what may.  That plus a few others won’t be enough.

Unless Biden crashes totally, a possibility, Trump will lose. 

I'm so confident in the dumbfuckery of America that I'm prepared to bet £20 to be paid to the charity of your choice in the event that the Donald doesn't get re-elected. If you accept and he does get in again, I'll have a score sent to Yorkhill Children's hospital please. 

Eta: Bet is null and void if Trump dies through assassination, natural causes or bleach poisoning. 

Edited by Dee Man

12 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I'm so confident in the dumbfuckery of America that I'm prepared to bet £20 to be paid to the charity of your choice in the event that the Donald doesn't get re-elected. If you accept and he does get in again, I'll have a score sent to Yorkhill Children's hospital please. 

Eta: Bet is null and void if Trump dies through assassination, natural causes or bleach poisoning. 

I’m happy to take that bet.  Charity to be named.

I just came in here to say that every copper ever seems to have been bullied at school and love the wee bit of power they are given so much they become narcissistic dickheads who love taking liberties.

ACAB

Edited by Busta Nut

30 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Thoughts and prayers man. Better luck in your choice of racists to defend next time.

Henderson to deliver badly misjudged the situation and was extremely naive but I'd hardly call him a racist.

Had to go out today, drove past a completely burned out Family Dollar store, downtown Aurora.
TBH if I was looting I’m not sure that would be my first choice.

I’m also about 1/4 mile from a “liquor store” that is now all boarded up but still open for business. It’s way too close for comfort.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The constitution is, for the most part, a ludicrous document that is held in such strangely high, unimpeachable regards despite it literally having multiple amendments.

Not seeing the issue here.

You both realise that Liverpool have black players yes? It's possible, maybe even probable, that they asked to do it.

Besides, the more people who raise awareness over the issue from as many sources as possible is no bad thing. If this makes some young Liverpool fans take notice and look in to the issues then great.

The issue to me is that they said it was pretty much ok for Suarez but now they’re are acting offended on someone’s behalf for a pr stunt.

Yes they have black players but they did little to help when they backed Suarez. It’s picking and choosing to suit your agenda. They backed Suarez because he was arguably their best player. Perhaps I’m being cynical?

All this virtue signalling stuff is just holding up a big look at me board claiming that you somehow care more than others. Every normal person is offended and was shocked at what happened but wtf has it got to do with Liverpool football club and why now?

Im pretty sure you said that the remembrance stuff the pars did was a bit iffy. This is way worse, there’s no real connection to the incident other than having some black players who they were quite happy to allow to play alongside a bitey racist a while back. 

23 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

Can you copy and paste?

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time

17 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

The issue to me is that they said it was pretty much ok for Suarez but now they’re are acting offended on someone’s behalf for a pr stunt.

Yes they have black players but they did little to help when they backed Suarez. It’s picking and choosing to suit your agenda. They backed Suarez because he was arguably their best player. Perhaps I’m being cynical?

All this virtue signalling stuff is just holding up a big look at me board claiming that you somehow care more than others. Every normal person is offended and was shocked at what happened but wtf has it got to do with Liverpool football club and why now?

Im pretty sure you said that the remembrance stuff the pars did was a bit iffy. This is way worse, there’s no real connection to the incident other than having some black players who they were quite happy to allow to play alongside a bitey racist a while back. 

Different players then and now.

I hope it catches on and others do the same. 

25 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

'Acting offended'? You've outed yourself there with that terminology.

You genuinely believe that players who weren't even at that football club when Suarez was are responsible for the entire history of that club? Are you saying that all players must abide by what all previous players did? Seriously? What a stupid moronic claim. Please explain this fucking garbage nonsense.

Are you also suggesting that black players can't show support for something just because they play for a certain club? And that their team mates can't support them?

Are then suggesting that anyone who shows support for the situation in Minnesota is virtue signalling? 

When the American football players took a knee I take it you were raging and calling it a PR stunt and asking why they were offended and what it had to do with them? If not, why not? What is different?

As to why now? Hmmm, I fucking wonder why now. 

Edited by DA Baracus

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Trump has as much chance of winning a second term as your team has of winning the league next season.

Worryingly he has an extremely good chance of winning a second term. 

Also, once again, even if it is a PR stunt, so fucking what? If it raises attention to the issue then I'm all for it. If it gets folk talking about the issues then good.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

Why would someone save those lies about George Floyd and repost them, surely Henderson to deliver must know the type of damage they could cause if people started to believe them?

Atleast the vanguards had the good grace to delete them. 

They should have had the good grace 😂😂😂 not to post it in the first place.