George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Folk will defend the black cop who hit her on the basis she hit the white cop. It wont matter what was said. 

The Police have no right to strike someone like that. Fucking wild. 

I agree with that, and it's hard not to say this in a "but whit about thaim" whataboutery way, but surely by extension she has no right to take a couple of swings at the police officer?

I agree with that, and it's hard not to say this in a "but whit about thaim" whataboutery way, but surely by extension she has no right to take a couple of swings at the police officer?
Yeah correct. Ans she should have been restrained and arrested by said copper. Not brazenly assaulted

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Yeah correct. Ans she should have been restrained and arrested by said copper. Not brazenly assaulted

She's probably safer getting decked tbf

Edited by the aggressive beggar

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
1 minute ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Fair enough. Find it really hard to view her getting decked as a fair and proportionate response.

She's probably fortunate she didn't get a few clips of pistol rounds fired into her. The laaaaand of the freeeeee...

18 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

An officer would have the right to defend himself or restrain her to prevent harm to a colleague. But the force used would have to be proportionate to the risk posed. He could have very easily tried to restrain her. They had the numbers and the officer who struck her was unsighted by her. A punch to a face is a pretty serious and risky option. You lose any control over how they land, they can strike their heads and die, you risk escalating the situation and possibly getting other involved in a fist fight to defend the woman, its just terrible policing. 

Edited by dorlomin

Just now, Clockwork said:

Wow, that’s a blast from the past, think they may have supported Stiff Little Fingers at Glasgow Apollo 79 ish?emoji848.png

Don't remember that and they are among the few I didn't get to see. Great band though and the later stuff is good too.

41 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Folk will defend the black cop who hit her on the basis she hit the white cop. It wont matter what was said. 

The Police have no right to strike someone like that. Fucking wild. 

They're both at fault.  She shouldn't be waddling about belting police officers and he shouldn't have lamped her, her head must've took some whack off the ground.

I get that the officer was hyped up/maybe even panicking but if they can't deal with that then they shouldn't be in the job.

16 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Was living in Barcelona during the 2017 kerfuffle but avoided it like the plague. My girlfriend at the time's cousin got a decent shiner off the Guardia Civil though

Kerfuffle?  Really?

Just now, The OP said:

I don’t think a polis running into a lamppost and a few brave bhoys defending themselves counts.

The totalitarian overzealous Dutch polis were to blame. 

1 minute ago, bennett said:

I get that the officer was hyped up/maybe even panicking

A punch to the face\head should be about your last force escalation before drawing a firearm to discharge it. Night stick out and a thwack to the upper arm would have ensured she was not lifting it for any more punches. There are a host of other things he should have done first. 

If he was panicking then its not him. Its the whole force that is not training properly or has such lax over sight that acting like coked up bouncers is the norm. The officer not getting attacked, with a 3-1 advantage of an unfit woman, losing his shit over some flappy punches at a colleague? The whole point of training is that in those situations you move through the gears of how to de-escallate the situation as much as possible and use the safest form of force intervention when needed to to protect others\subdue for an arrest.