George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

2 hours ago, The Golden God said:
Older guy shoved to the ground by riot police, then ignored by the one who does the shoving as he lies there bleeding from the head.

Of course he's 'ignored'. He's police, not a paramedic. I'm not really sure what the old guy was trying to achieve by marching up to riot police gesticulating. 

57 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Of course he's 'ignored'. He's police, not a paramedic. I'm not really sure what the old guy was trying to achieve by marching up to riot police gesticulating. 

Old boy had a police helmet in his left hand, clearly asking if he could borrow a baton to join in the skull-cracking fun.

Message not quite understood by the copper IMO.

3 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Older guy shoved to the ground by riot police, then ignored by the one who does the shoving as he lies there bleeding from the head.

They apparently reported him being injured due to a "trip and fall", according to Twitter.

Only when the video was released did they suspend two officers.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

They apparently reported him being injured due to a "trip and fall", according to Twitter.

Only when the video was released did they suspend two officers.

American cops are now almost bent enough to get jobs in the Met. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

As Mr T would have said in World’s Craziest Fools, “If his plan was to get his head cracked, it was a gooood plaan”.

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Surely its part of his job to provide basic first aid if he has injured somebody?  I would argue its probably his duty as a human being too.

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

American cops are now almost bent enough to get jobs in the Met. 

Trip to the Algarve incoming...

American cops would have made short work of the Tapas 7's fairy stories, imho.

Edited by Jacksgranda
grandma

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Aye, looked like he was calling a paramedic, barely touched him too, the old guy just lost his balance. Seconds later they had other protesters to deal with.

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Trip to the Algarve incoming...

American cops would have made short work of the Tapas 7's fairy stories, imho.

They'd probably just have set about the nearest black employee with nightsticks tbh

6 hours ago, The Golden God said:

One thing I was warned about over there was that you never, ever approach the police. Would've been nice if someone had warned me before I approached a parked patrol car for help with a very minor incident and was screamed at to, "STAY AWAY FROM THE VEHICLE! STAY AWAY FROM THE VEHICLE!"

Whoever posted that they act like an occupying army was dead on. No matter how many times people try to point out aggression, corruption, and plain stupidity from our police force, there is absolutely no comparison.

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

One thing I was warned about over there was that you never, ever approach the police. Would've been nice if someone had warned me before I approached a parked patrol car for help with a very minor incident and was screamed at to, "STAY AWAY FROM THE VEHICLE! STAY AWAY FROM THE VEHICLE!"

Was told if they stop you in a car, never ever get out till they tell you to. They scream at you like that if you absentmindedly step on a yellow line in an airport too.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Was told if they stop you in a car, never ever get out till they tell you to. They scream at you like that if you absentmindedly step on a yellow line in an airport too.

Yip ive been pulled over while driving over there....sat there and they have a loud speaker system in the car and they order you to get out or stay in the car and show your hands its pretty scary as i was in Houston 

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Oh, absolutely. The guns will be drawn, make no mistake. You'll be lucky not to be shot. Very confusing for anyone from the UK, and I'd imagine for plenty of other countries too.

If you're black, you're screwed either way, as we've seen from videos of black people sitting stock still with their hands clearly visible and still being shot to death. All you have to do it yell "DO NOT PULL A GUN ON ME, SIR!" a few times and you're covered.

Is it a sense of entitlement and white privilege that these guys think it's a good idea to get in the way of a bunch of riot police walking down the street? Would a young black man saunter into the way of a pack of riot police and be shocked to be shoved out of the way and not have them all stop what they are doing and hang on his every word instead? 

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Is it a sense of entitlement and white privilege that these guys think it's a good idea to get in the way of a bunch of riot police walking down the street? Would a young black man saunter into the way of a pack of riot police and be shocked to be shoved out of the way and not have them all stop what they are doing and hang on his every word instead? 

It's a sense of fucking stupidity is what it os. The correct response* to a group of tooled-up police coming towards you is to get the fúck out of the way as quickly and unobtrusively as possible. In fact, as the places these confrontations take place don't tend to be secret, maybe just not go there for a while?

*And I speak as a straight white male Government Employee. I cannot imagine what life must be like just now for so many people deemed second class by accident of birth.