George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Noticed this morning that my daughter has a ...... lives matter sign in her bedroom window. Never stopped to check if it was "Black" or "All". Probably Horse Lives Matter knowing her. 

Renton has Squirrels Lives Don't Matter on his kennel door. 

He will have when he comes to live with me anyway. 

Edited by Dee Man

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Had to google BTS. She'd happily see the police beat that lot silly. Coincidentally, they got into bother over using the voice of the man in my avatar in one of their songs. 

I had to google "boy band 2020" :bag

14 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Noticed this morning that my daughter has a ...... lives matter sign in her bedroom window. Never stopped to check if it was "Black" or "All". Probably Horse Lives Matter knowing her. 

perhaps it's "olives matter" - has she actively tried to avoid eating tapenade, been wary about focaccia and generally regarded all mediterranean dishes with a degree of suspicion recently ?

14 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

perhaps it's "olives matter" - has she actively tried to avoid eating tapenade, been wary about focaccia and generally regarded all mediterranean dishes with a degree of suspicion recently ?

That can't be it as we were eating olives with our dinner on Monday night. 

I can definitely see them walking free, if you are looking for any precedent, have a read about Amadou Diallo, who was killed by 4 NYPD officers in 1999. They fired 41 shots at him, hitting him 19 times. He was unarmed, but he took his wallet from his jacket pocket, and the officers opened fire without warning, believing he had a gun. All 4 were indicted on 2nd degree murder and reckless endangerment charges, all 4 were acquitted. One of the 4 had previously shot another unarmed black man 2 years earlier.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Amadou_Diallo

It inspired Bruce Springsteen to write 41 Shots, for which the NYPD patrolman's benevolent association called for a boycott of his shows after he performed it at Madison Square Garden in 2000.

Body Count are still releasing new material, just had an album out in March. Not quite as good an album as their 2017 effort and no one song is as good as the outstanding 'Talk Shit, Get Shot' from 2014, but Ice-T is still delivering at 62.

11 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

IMG_4302.jpg

*dogs inexplicably howling*

It’s no wonder she didn’t fit in with the Royals.  If they had the slightest bit of public relations nous, they’d have made her front, right and centre of their media relations.  

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s no wonder she didn’t fit in with the Royals.  If they had the slightest bit of public relations nous, they’d have made her front, right and centre of their media relations.  

She seems like a lovely person in that video. If she has somehow annoyed Andrew Neil then that's great too. 

20 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Maybe not right.