George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

2 hours ago, bennett said:

Is there an antifa alert app?

Extreme right and extreme left, both sets are bloody ridiculous and only interested in causing disruption.

What is is it you dislike about a group that is opposed to fascists? Is it because they are a bit Celticey..? No doubt the goon Brigade claim to be some sort of Antifa affiliate.😂

Edited by Bohemian

I doubt he'll be convicted. "Beyond reasonable doubt" - they need to prove that he intentionally tried to kill the guy if its 2nd degree murder. The lawyers the police union use to defend their boys in blue are experts at doing this line of defence

There is no intentionality involved in 2nd degree murder. See Cornell University’s Law Dep definition:

Typically, second-degree murder is defined as murder that is not premeditated, or murder that is caused by the offender's reckless conduct that displays an obvious lack of concern for human life.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/second_degree_murder

That is pretty much spot on in this instance.

41 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Three years old according to the comments below it.  I’m not saying it justifies it.

What's your favourite Ice T album Granny? I'd probably say OG Original Gangster. Coming out, as it did, just before Rodney King received his kicking from the police, it showed a deep prescience of the police brutality and subsequent riots. 

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

What's your favourite Ice T album Granny? I'd probably say OG Original Gangster. Coming out, as it did, just before Rodney King received his kicking from the police, it showed a deep prescience of the police brutality and subsequent riots. 

Body Count played at Leeds one year directly after Lightyear. A strange line up: putting gangsta rap/metal crossover after some loveable English pop/ska-punk. Lightyear, at one point in their set, had two of their brass section dress up as a pantomime horse and dance around on stage. Halfway through Body Count's set they decided it would be fun to do it again. They got onto the stage and Ice T just, very softly and deliberately, said "Somebody just fucked up"

The pantomime horse left the stage very quickly.

None of their recorded work matches this live performance.

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Like I said, not making a lot of sense. Can you not get out fish-murdering again? Clear your head a bit, have a wee sit on the riverbank - maybe see a kingfisher or two?

Tbh I just can't bring myself to have a go back, just seems pointless. 

Catch and release mostly, had a few hours this morning,  was up at 5am for a few hours on the fly and will probably wet a line later.  You should give it a go, some good trout waters doon your way plus coarse ofcourse.

1 hour ago, Smurph said:

Do you often judge people based on their appearance?

I'm flawed.

52 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

What is is it you dislike about a group that is opposed to fascists? Is it because they are a bit Celticey..? No doubt the goon Brigade claim to be some sort of Antifa affiliate.😂

Middle class twats with too much time on their hands who oppose and attack anyone who doesn't think like they do......

I doubt he'll be convicted. "Beyond reasonable doubt" - they need to prove that he intentionally tried to kill the guy if its 2nd degree murder. The lawyers the police union use to defend their boys in blue are experts at doing this line of defence
Without getting too far I to googling American law, as soon as I seen this my first thought was that this decision has been a bow to pressure which could well result in extending the burden of proof too far for the case and end up with the guy being acquitted because they overreached. Like you say, lawyers know how this stuff works it's their bread and butter. It's often not clever to let your protests slip into legal nitty gritty stuff because there are sharks in that water.

27 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It's The Iceberg for me. 

True story: The 'T' in Ice T's moniker comes from his real name Tracy, for those that don't know. The 'Ice' comes from his love of Iceberg Slim novels. 

For anyone interested in more useless information about 80s/90s rap stars, please send a stamped addressed envelope to the usual address. 

25 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Body Count played at Leeds one year directly after Lightyear. A strange line up: putting gangsta rap/metal crossover after some loveable English pop/ska-punk. Lightyear, at one point in their set, had two of their brass section dress up as a pantomime horse and dance around on stage. Halfway through Body Count's set they decided it would be fun to do it again. They got onto the stage and Ice T just, very softly and deliberately, said "Somebody just fucked up"

The pantomime horse left the stage very quickly.

None of their recorded work matches this live performance.

Body Count seemed to end up playing with a fair few bands you wouldn't have expected. Maybe promoters didn't know what to do with them.

Didn't think much of their recorded output, but always heard they were a good live act. And that Exploited medley Ice-T did with Slayer for the Judgment Night soundtrack was quality.

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Interesting, but that site has the worst cookies preferences thing I’ve ever seen. 

1 hour ago, Bohemian said:

The Green Brigade are anti fascist obviously. As am I (and as are most right thinking people) but they are more vocal and activist about it.

The use of the phrase “Antifa affiliate” suggests you are like Trump in believing Antifa is anything other than an umbrella term for a particular viewpoint.

How do you define fascism out of interest?

I, personally, have yet to see a better explanation than Umberto Eco's if you're struggling to put it into words yourself. Would you agree his 14 points would constitute a universal definition of fascism?

Bennett strikes me as more of an Adorno’s The Authoritarian Personality type of guy

6 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

It's The Iceberg for me. 

True story: The 'T' in Ice T's moniker comes from his real name Tracy, for those that don't know. The 'Ice' comes from his love of Iceberg Slim novels. 

For anyone interested in more useless information about 80s/90s rap stars, please send a stamped addressed envelope to the usual address. 

Power/OG then The Iceberg for me. The lyrics in  The Iceberg about Evil E pleasuring a lady with a torch are some of hip hops finest. Loved all the pictures he'd put inside the album sleeves too, showing all the characters mentioned in the songs. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Power/OG then The Iceberg for me. The lyrics in  The Iceberg about Evil E pleasuring a lady with a torch are some of hip hops finest. Loved all the pictures he'd put inside the album sleeves too, showing all the characters mentioned in the songs. 

"...Fucked the bitch with a flashlight..."

Lyrical genius IMO.

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Bennett strikes me as more of an Adorno’s The Authoritarian Personality type of guy

To me he's more like irritable bowel syndrome. Settles down for a while then comes back with a vengeance.

I see All Lives Matter is trending again on Twitter.

Yet funnily enough, your typical All Lives Matter type, is the exact same who will also staunchly support a hard Brexit, the removal of refugees and to close the borders to immigration.

But hey....All Lives Matter right? They matter just as long as the ones who aren't white stay away from here and stay away from me.

Edited by djchapsticks

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

I see All Lives Matter is trending again on Twitter.

Yet funnily enough, your typical All Lives Matter type, is the exact same who will also staunchly support a hard Brexit, the removal of refugees and to close the borders to immigration.

But hey....All Lives Matter right? The matter just as long as the ones who aren't white stay away from here and stay away from me.

Noticed this morning that my daughter has a ...... lives matter sign in her bedroom window. Never stopped to check if it was "Black" or "All". Probably Horse Lives Matter knowing her. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Noticed this morning that my daughter has a ...... lives matter sign in her bedroom window. Never stopped to check if it was "Black" or "All". Probably Horse Lives Matter knowing her. 

BTS lives matter?

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

BTS lives matter?

Had to google BTS. She'd happily see the police beat that lot silly. Coincidentally, they got into bother over using the voice of the man in my avatar in one of their songs.