George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

16 minutes ago, Michael W said:

It gets better*

*much, much worse. This campaign has gone beyond the sewer. 

NINTCHDBPICT000662488199-1.jpg

Is that Modri? Exploiting sectarian divisions in the poverty stricken homelands of the diaspora for their own gain is pretty low

... and it's the Old Firm's schtick. 

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Is that Modri? Exploiting sectarian divisions in the poverty stricken homelands of the diaspora for their own gain is pretty low

... and it's the Old Firm's schtick. 

That's him. 

If you'd shown me that leaflet and withheld the Labour logo, I'd have sworn it was one of George Galloway's. 

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

It gets better*

*much, much worse. This campaign has gone beyond the sewer. 

NINTCHDBPICT000662488199-1.jpg

I don't see what's wring with that. It's pointing out that Johnson has been racist against Muslims and associates with Modi who is a Hindu extremist and recently stripped 4 million Muslims of citizenship rights. These are just facts. 

On 25/06/2021 at 21:00, superwell87 said:

Derek Chauvin sentenced to 22 and a half years for the murder of George Floyd. 

Although that's from the State of Minnesota.

It seems that a Federal Court could potentially upgrade that to life when they try him under civil rights laws

A federal conviction, even  without an  extension of sentence, would serve as a more effective deterrent to potential offenders in other states' police forces

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

I saw that leaflet on Twitter.  I've seen some people say that there's a political split going on amongst British Asians between Pakistani Britons and Indian Britons.  There are very high profile people of Indian descent in the Cabinet - Priti Patel, Rishi Sunak and Alok Sharma.   If there is a split then there are probably many reasons for thsi split - Indian Britons tend to be wealthier than Pakistani or Bangladeshi Britons for one.  There's also a religious element to it - Hindus and Sikhs are more likely to vote Conservative than Labour but Muslims are far more likely to back Labour than Conservative.  Again, that could be linked back into wealth, geography etc.  

It'll be interesting to see if any of the places that have large percentage of Indian Britons swing towards Conservative - Leicester and Hounslow are the two places I've seen mentioned.

24 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I don't see what's wring with that. It's pointing out that Johnson has been racist against Muslims and associates with Modi who is a Hindu extremist and recently stripped 4 million Muslims of citizenship rights. These are just facts. 

You can point out Johnson's previous comments on this without bringing Modi into it. 

It's quite blatant us v them sectarian campaigning. They have stooped to Galloway's level. 

Edited by Michael W

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

You can point out Johnson's previous comments on this without bringing Modi into it. 

It's quite blatant us v them sectarian campaigning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Gujarat_riots

Modi is an absolute racist c**t who gets a free ride from the western media because India is strategically important. 

Given that the MSM made a huge deal about Corbyn's connections this is fair game. 

10 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Modi is an absolute racist c**t who gets a free ride from the western media because India is strategically important. 

Given that the MSM made a huge deal about Corbyn's connections this is fair game. 

They could also have gone with a picture of Johnson with XI Jinping, given China's systematic oppression of the Uyghars, if that's what they're aiming at. 

This is no defence of Modi and what he is. That image was chosen specifically to take advantage of India-Pakistan tensions for to play to section of the electorate. It's a response to Galloway running on a pro-Palestine ticket and nothing else. Haven't heard a peep from Labour until now about Modi, yet suddenly there it is in an election they are very likely to lose because George Galloway is courting the sizeable Muslim minority that they depend on for victory. 

Listen, Labour criticising Modi in a bid to inflame racial tensions is still better optics than the snidey suggestion from unnamed sources and their dumb media backers that the real reason Muslims won't support Labour is because they're all genetically pre-disposed to hate Jews and oppose their supporters.

38 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Back to primary one moral philosophy lessons for you. 

Q- What do two wrongs make? 

a) A right

b) Not a right. 

While it might all be true ("accused of white washing islamophobia" delightfully vague) this is clearly a divisive and negative approach to campaigning. 

If i was a Muslim i'd be well aware of this stuff anyway. 

Encouraging people to vote based on their ethnic or cultural identity is not progressive and should be discouraged. Negative campaigning erodes trust in the process and system as a whole. 

Obviously what should be on the leaflets is what Labour have done right or will do right. Clearly there's a vacuum to fill so they've chosen a negative campaign. 

42 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Listen, Labour criticising Modi in a bid to inflame racial tensions is still better optics than the snidey suggestion from unnamed sources and their dumb media backers that the real reason Muslims won't support Labour is because they're all genetically pre-disposed to hate Jews and oppose their supporters.

Billy Dodds ^^^

The judge in the Dalian Atkinson case has said in his sentencing remarks that the unlawful force used was only a contributing factor in a complex death. I think the jury got the verdict wrong but the whole case seems to have been set up for a not guilt so at least we avoided that. 

The killer cop got 8 years. 

3 hours ago, Michael W said:

They could also have gone with a picture of Johnson with XI Jinping, given China's systematic oppression of the Uyghars, if that's what they're aiming at. 

The difference is that there is very little evidence of supposed oppression in Xianjing whereas Modi, the BJP and RSS are openly in favour of violent Hindu supremacy. 

• 1 month later...