George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

I love it when these crackpots start moaning about freedom of speech

I also love that they have no idea what freedom of speech actually means.

FoS is the ability (within limits) to say something and not be prosecuted for it by the State. There are exceptions, but that’s the general rule.

FoS does not mean the ability to spout nonsense and not get called out on it by other private individuals. It also does not protect you from the banhammer.

Not looking good at the PSG game. Ref went over and sent off an Istanbul coach, who is black. He repeatedly said to the 4th official “why say ‘n*gro?’” Play suspended as all the players walk off in protest.

Didn’t realise the coach is Demba Ba.

29 minutes ago, smpar said:

Not looking good at the PSG game. Ref went over and sent off an Istanbul coach, who is black. He repeatedly said to the 4th official “why say ‘n*gro?’” Play suspended as all the players walk off in protest.

Didn’t realise the coach is Demba Ba.

Fair fucks for them walking off, if that's not what the ref said he doesn't seem to be keen to explain what he did say. 

Fair fucks for them walking off, if that's not what the ref said he doesn't seem to be keen to explain what he did say. 
I expect it is what he said. The translation for black in Romanian is "negru" as it says on that thread. So he's obviously used it to describe the coach. I doubt it was said with any malice/intended racism but he should have chosen his words a lot better I'd say.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
11 minutes ago, 101 said:

I expect it is what he said. The translation for black in Romanian is "negru" as it says on that thread. So he's obviously used it to describe the coach. I doubt it was said with any malice/intended racism but he should have chosen his words a lot better I'd say.

You're right he should have been more careful doubt he will be reffing for UEFA again after this.

Edited by 101

22 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Why would he have to refer to one of the coaches as black though surely he knows their name?

Why would he know his name? 

If it's the most easily identifying feature, why not? 

If he wore a different coloured top, say that. 

If 'he' was the only, woman, say that.

If he was to only bald guy, say that.

What's the difference?