George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

4 hours ago, coprolite said:

I was a bit lukewarm on the whole kneeling thing but it seems to be annoying some arseholes so i'm all for it now. 

It did seem a bit pointless doing it in silence, when the original intent was to refuse to stand for the Stars and Stripes. Enraging gammons is a noble purpose. 

This is where it all turns to shite though isn’t it? If you’re using the blm cause just to wind up a few gammons then it’s clear you don’t actually care about the movement and are jumping on the bandwagon purely for dick waving reasons. It’s just like the poppy carry on except for it’s going to happen every weekend at the football and isn’t something that comes and goes once a year.

11 minutes ago, throbber said:

This is where it all turns to shite though isn’t it? If you’re using the blm cause just to wind up a few gammons then it’s clear you don’t actually care about the movement and are jumping on the bandwagon purely for dick waving reasons. It’s just like the poppy carry on except for it’s going to happen every weekend at the football and isn’t something that comes and goes once a year.

Are you trying to tell me Celtic and Rangers supporters don't care about Palestine and Israel? I've never heard the like.

56 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Absolutely. Anything footballers can do to raise awareness is a good thing but 101 appears to be expecting them to come forward with their personal wealth to sort problems our politicians can't or have avoided doing. 

I expect everyone to tackle societies ills, politicians can do anything, they can even introduce laws that break the law, but they won't do anything to tackle inequalities without public pressure.

58 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You said they were more important than decision makers. They aren't

In today's society they 100% are otherwise why would politicians seek political endorsements? Because they have more gravitas, a bigger influence especially with young people.

Look at Live Aid, Band Aid, Rashfords school meal campaign and the Gates Foundation are all examples of political failure to highlight, address and fund making society a better place, wealthy people stepped in and went a long way to fixing the issue. I don't doubt that footballers really believe Black Lives Matter but now the issue is in the public domain let's keep the pressure up and one of the best ways to do that is fund things that help Black people.

Anthony Elliott wrote a good paper on celebrities involvement with politics.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/3791877?seq=1

The politicization of the whole thing is undeniably a victory for the bigots. They have managed to drive this Marxism BS into the discourse, and have done so for reasons of racism (and their perceived right to be racist)

It's a shite that footballers have to take more of a stand than most, but they probably face more brazen, open racism than anyone else tbh. It's time for the players to go militant and walk right off the pitch IMO. Next time someone boos taking the knee, just walk off and concede the three points. Or better still both teams walk off and tell the FA they will play again BCD, until the fans get the message.

The FA and the clubs need to come out and back extreme action from the players though, which wont happen for fear of upsetting Sky.

28 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Are you trying to tell me Celtic and Rangers supporters don't care about Palestine and Israel? I've never heard the like.

Some old firm fans have read books on the subject tbf.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

You said it was "utter pish" that the rich and famous are held higher than decision makers. I've given you similar examples where the rich woman will never work in the public domain again and the decision maker keeps his job after he attends a training course.

She released a novel last year and has a major film franchise on the go!

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

She released a novel last year and has a major film franchise on the go!

I thought the third film had been canned after her and Depps carry on and I assumed like everyone else her publisher had dumped her tbh they are are unlikely to stop selling her book they must cream in cash. Her views on Trans people stoke up hatred and hopefully she goes back to a quiet life where she won't abuse those who don't have a platform to fight back from.

There's some seriously out of touch opinions on here. Can't be bothered reading through every page but a comment that I saw on another forum sums it up for me... "I would 100% report anyone who racially abused somebody at a game, I 100% don't support blm" 

Personally if they're still doing it when fans are allowed back up here i'll be booing it.

There's some seriously out of touch opinions on here. Can't be bothered reading through every page but a comment that I saw on another forum sums it up for me... "I would 100% report anyone who racially abused somebody at a game, I 100% don't support blm" 

Personally if they're still doing it when fans are allowed back up here i'll be booing it.
First post to announce youl be booing BLM eh.

Seems legit.

3 minutes ago, rossi30 said:

Some first post for you mate, haven't bothered reading the thread but reposting someone from another forum. GTF.

^^^

You know all this black life’s matter stuff, what a load of rubbish. Rainbow laces? Gay pride. Load of rubbish. People would be made to feel uncomfortable because I’m a mad homophobic racist. Burn the lot of them load of bloody rubbish. God save the Queen and Zulu now you’re taking.

image.gif.ec637ddb720900303069064ab8c2a9e4.gif

this is a joke btw

4 minutes ago, rossi30 said:

Funny last time I checked booing doesn't make someone racist...

If you're booing someone making a stand against racism then yes, it absolutely does.

21 minutes ago, rossi30 said:

d48225b82730f458-.gif.a028629f8162a51142f23a2e0aec85d6.gif