George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

2 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

You change your mind like a girl changes clothes. Yeah you, PMS like a bitch I would know. And you over think. Always speak. Cryptically. I should know that you're no good for me.

'Cause you're hot then you're cold. You're yes then you're no. You're in then you're out. You're up then you're down. You're wrong when it's right. It's black and it's white. We fight, we break up. We kiss, we make up.

You don't really want to stay, no. But you don't really want to go. You're hot then you're cold. You're yes then you're no. You're in then you're out. You're up then you're down.

I've gone all these years thinking the line was "And you over think. Always speak. Critically". Everyday's a school day.

3 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

If players feel the need to take the knee then fair enough same as if thy choose not to, it's their decision. Same as if a player chooses to cross themselves when going on the pitch, I don't belive in their sky fairies but that's their choice and I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep if a player chose to do it at a game I'm watching.

Draw the line at short sleeves with gloves though. 

3 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

If players feel the need to take the knee then fair enough same as if thy choose not to, it's their decision. Same as if a player chooses to cross themselves when going on the pitch, I don't belive in their sky fairies but that's their choice and I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep if a player chose to do it at a game I'm watching.

The problem now is that if someone doesn't do it, it makes them look like they're saying black lives don't matter. I wish they had called it for one match or for a month or whatever, although I strongly sympathise with the cause it gets a bit cringey and going through the motions after a while. Like all the players waving a red card or wearing rainbow socks every game. Don't think any other trade or profession do it, although it would be fun to make the cops do it every morning on parade.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

The problem now is that if someone doesn't do it, it makes them look like they're saying black lives don't matter. I wish they had called it for one match or for a month or whatever, although I strongly sympathise with the cause it gets a bit cringey and going through the motions after a while. Like all the players waving a red card or wearing rainbow socks every game. Don't think any other trade or profession do it, although it would be fun to make the cops do it every morning on parade.

Why wouldn't a player do it though? What point are they making by not doing it? What statement do they intend to make?

Yesterday showed exactly why it is something that should continue.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Why wouldn't a player do it though? What point are they making by not doing it? What statement do they intend to make?

Yesterday showed exactly why it is something that should continue.

I'm not sure why it's footballers responsibility to show their social concern every time they start work and nobody else's. Most of them probably don't know why they're doing it. It just seems a bit tokenistic to me the longer it goes on. 

1 minute ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:
This is going down as well as could be expected.

There's nothing The Gammon snowflakes hate more than

In normal society The Gammons and The Snowflakes are inimical foes with a massive detestation of each other.

Well done to @Szamo's_Ammoin producing a post of such inanity as to united both categories.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm not sure why it's footballers responsibility to show their social concern every time they start work and nobody else's. Most of them probably don't know why they're doing it. It just seems a bit tokenistic to me the longer it goes on. 

The point is to raise awareness of the issues. Football gets the most attention so it's the perfect vehicle to use for raising awareness.

If they don't know why they're doing it then I'd suggest they learn. I also think most of them will know why, not the opposite.

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

Why do you have to be "intending to make a point" by not participating? 

I suppose they don't, but folk will ask why if they don't and the assumption is that they are making a point, even if that isn't the case. 

I suppose they don't, but folk will ask why if they don't and the assumption is that they are making a point, even if that isn't the case. 

I certainly haven't questioned why every player isn't wearing rainbow laces weekly. 

I think after this weekend, there really isn't an excuse not to. Not surprising to see Millwall be cowards and bow to their racist scum support. 

I could kinda buy into the "what difference does it make?" reason behind asking "why do it?" before. THIS is why you do it.

If they don't know why they're doing it then I'd suggest they learn. I also think most of them will know why, not the opposite.

A good few would probably vote EDL given the chance, the whole thing seems phoney and dishonest, and a demand for thought conformity that isn't put on any other profession outside the church.

8 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

In normal society The Gammons and The Snowflakes are inimical foes with a massive detestation of each other.

Well done to @Szamo's_Ammoin producing a post of such inanity as to united both categories.

I appreciate your epigrammatic interjection but becoming upset about a scene in The Vicar of Dibley is the definition of "snowflake".

There are a lot of people very angry about this. Most of their online monikers include the Union flag for some reason. Weird.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

12 minutes ago, Andrew Driver said:

The_Kincardine probably has a poster of David Horton on his wall.  

Every life is in many days, day after day. We walk through ourselves, meeting robbers, ghosts, giants, old men, young men, wives, widows, brothers-in-love, but always meeting ourselves.

~James Joyce, Ulysses

I felt this way a while back, that the whole thing was now just run of the mill and actually pointless.
I think after this weekend, there really isn't an excuse not to. Not surprising to see Millwall be cowards and bow to their racist scum support. 
I could kinda buy into the "what difference does it make?" reason behind asking "why do it?" before. THIS is why you do it.
But yeah, i agree.

Yesterday's reaction changes that. I hope the players continue to do when fans are back. That's when we'll see serious discussions taking place.

It's exasperating that the government have picked their side though. That's mental.