George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

14 hours ago, pandarilla said:
22 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
It's odd, it's almost as if having mental health issues doesn't actually turn people in to slobbering racists!
It also seems that plenty of people are just c***s and saying that they must be mentally ill is a shit excuse for their behaviour and shows a lack of understanding of mental illness.

This has definitely been a trend, but i guess it's hard to sort. Diagnosis can be difficult with mental health - so it's not easy calling folk out for just being c***s.

I've never had a problem with it.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:
Bairnardo is yet to meet a fence he won't sit on. At least he's consistent. 

How do you think the police should handle this case?

English equivalent of an aggravated breach of the peace for big speccy, take it to court.

Caution for the puncher, if they find him.

It's a fine line to tread blaming everything and anything on mental health. It's always infuriated me how the trend for the past ten years or so, whenever there's a mass shooting in the US, is to immediately start speculating about the mental wellbeing of the perpetrator, rather than ask the far more pertinent questions about how the f**k people can get their hands on a variety of firearms and a heap of ammunition so frequently.

Having said that, I do have an acquaintance with Bipolar Type 1, who, when he's in the grip of a psychosis, becomes an utterly devoted and vocal exponent of Naziism and the Final Solution. It's landed him in a lot of bother in the past, got him assaulted, nicked etc He used to be lax in taking his meds, but unfortunately for him, even when he's being well managed and monitored he still has the odd period where he's fully manic bordering on psychosis. The people around him know him well enough to recognise it and understand that he's not himself, but I can totally understand why a stranger might be inclined to just write him off as a ridiculously offensive arsehole.

I'm not going to make an excuse for the tube guy, as it's not been outright stated that he suffers from a psychotic illness, but I have seen a similar circumstance where a mental health condition has made someone act in a similar manner resulting in a similar outcome. It's not beyond the realms of possibility Steele is severely ill, but then I'd wonder about why he's out and about on the tube if that's the case. He's not a youngster, so it's unlikely he'd be suffering his very first episode, and his mother seems to think he's 'ill', so it's not like his illness has gone unnoticed even if that is what's going on here. 

I find it genuinely hard to fathom that someone could be that bloody stupid as to antagonise a group of young black lads like that when he's on his own and in front of a screed of witnesses when there's NOT something else going on, but perhaps I'm just giving too much benefit of doubt to genuinely thick racist arseholes.

10 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Punch less but punch better imo. 

This video is one of my favourites on the World Wide Web, you can’t seriously tell me we want a world without superb content like this?

I wouldn’t have punched your man on the train because i don’t have absolute hammer hands like the shagger in the video, but there was serious provocation and he was trying to be intimidating, one punch was a proportionate response. 

It just doesn’t need this measured response (and I don’t mean that sarcastically whatsoever.) A racist got sparked clean out with a class right hand, there doesn’t need to be the ‘well that’s illegal, he should get arrested, and what about the racists mental health?’ Just enjoy the content. 

Whilst I did enjoy the content, and have offered my constructive criticism, the whole point of a forum is to discuss, and it moves on naturally to what we are discussing now. 

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Whilst I did enjoy the content, and have offered my constructive criticism, the whole point of a forum is to discuss, and it moves on naturally to what we are discussing now. 

^^^

C72A956D-D994-49DC-A486-BFC01A68CDD8.gif

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, throbber said:
I doubt you’d be able to reach from all the way up on that fence.

That's not the normal "Bairnardo cant reach" joke so fair play for changing it up.

I’m still left with a pretty disturbing image of a hairy and fat man being fisted by a midget sitting on a fence. Time to abandon thread.

Whilst I’m all for a good punch up, punching folk in the head is dangerous. Both those clips show the person smacking their head on the way down. The person doing the punching could easily break bones in their hand and get horrible infections from teeth too. 

If you get the chance to drop a racist, maybe go for a shot to the lower ribs. It won’t hurt you, they will still go down but will probably have a half second or so before they realise they can’t breathe and feel like someone just filled their lungs with acid and can hit the ground in a slightly more measured fashion. 

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

I’m still left with a pretty disturbing image of a hairy and fat man being fisted by a midget sitting on a fence. Time to abandon thread.

Please use your crayons to draw a picture of the above and post it on here. 

Thank you. 

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Please use your crayons to draw a picture of the above and post it on here. 

Thank you. 

Showing your transferable skills as a parent there. That’s the P&B equivalent of giving your kid a bag of crisps and sticking a Peppa Pig DVD on so you can get half an hour’s peace.

Showing your transferable skills as a parent there. That’s the P&B equivalent of giving your kid a bag of crisps and sticking a Peppa Pig DVD on so you can get half an hour’s peace.
Stopped short of "see how quick you can do it, I'll time you"

Didnt want to patronize my pal throbber.

I understand the point of a forum, you can of course discuss these things, I just personally think trying to provide balance to this debate makes you appear overly sympathetic to the racist. 
If anyone has taken that from my posts, it's because they want to.

The only point I was making was in regards to the mental health shouts on here where people were completely focused on "mental illness doesnt make you racist therefore he cant have mental health issues" which is a totally non logical stance. The man can be both racist and mentally ill which may or may not explain the way he was behaving, but still not excuse the content of what he was saying.

People dont want there to be any other factors at play here because people rightly hate racists. I personally dont care what's at play, the lads behaviour was so far put of order that someone was likely to melt him and that's exactly what happened, all I was doing was pointing out that there was something discomforting about the narrative on here.

28 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Good shout, a decent rib shot could give the racist a pneumothorax resulting in a lot of pain or even better go for a spleen buster.

Dear mr fascist you're now stuck on antibiotics for the rest of your life and more susceptible to death.

Boom.

image.gif.df8eecad1178446690b1d2fee0631723.gif

35 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

I understand the point of a forum, you can of course discuss these things, I just personally think trying to provide balance to this debate makes you appear overly sympathetic to the racist. 

Socrates and Einstein both wrote passages along the lines wisdom coming from the acceptance of how little we actually know. Ideologies such as fascism are founded on certainty. We all know racism is bad. It’s also disrespectful to the millions of folk with mental health issue to simply say this guy must have some sort of mental health issue. It goes without saying that the stuff the guy was spouting was disgusting so perhaps the more nuanced and interesting debate lies in how someone ends up spouting off like that causing distress to those around him and putting himself at peril? The incident is also perhaps a great example to the racists of what can happen if that shite is spouted publicly rather than from a phone or keyboard. 

It does undoubtedly make a great addition to the “racist gets sparked” YouTube collection though. 

Nobody was saying that though, people were saying that he might have mental health issues, but that didn’t cause him to be a racist walloper. 

If a black man stabbed someone people don’t start discussing the likelihood that the black man had mental health issues. 

I have already said I dont care, and that it's not an excuse for the guys behaviour. I have also said that my wife worked for years with people who are locked up because of their behaviour despite having mental health issues. I am fully aware that it's not an excuse and it's not being offered as one by myself so I dont understand why anyone would see it that way, unless they want to.

I felt there was a pretty big dismissal of there being any mental health issues with this guy on this thread and when I watched the video, his behaviour was wild and immediately felt that this guy has mental health issues.

I dont think there is anything controversial in any of that. I just think people are acting differently in this case because ultimately it had an outcome we all like to see.