George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You cant compare your plight with that of Black people in London and the abuse of stop and search powers come on tae f**k. 

Glasgow used to have the worst record for knife crimes in Europe,  guess what the police got their act together. 

Where I grew up was bad for anti social behaviour,  police again got a grip and stopped and searched until it stopped.

Do you think that in London, the police should just turn a blind eye and not bother their backsides?

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Glasgow used to have the worst record for knife crimes in Europe,  guess what the police got their act together. 

Where I grew up was bad for anti social behaviour,  police again got a grip and stopped and searched until it stopped.

Do you think that in London, the police should just turn a blind eye and not bother their backsides?

No, but I dont think they should be able to target people because they are black. 

Just now, bennett said:

the significant reduction actually had very little to do with police, initially they tried severer sentences which didnt do anything so went down the education route.... 
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-45572691

When you look at the history of American policing, I suppose the protestors should be grateful that they're only being as violent as they are:

It's 1985 and you're the Chief of Police in Philadelphia. You've been called to a house in the city centre where a black liberation group are based. When your officers turn-up, the people  inside refuse to leave and there's an armed confrontation. What do you do next?

a) Surround the house from a safe distance and wait them out. 

b) Use negotiators to try to resolve the situation quickly and peacefully.

c) Use a police helicopter to drop a bomb through the roof, killing 11 people inside (including 5 children) and burning down 65 neighbouring houses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOVE#1985_bombing

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I don't know which occupation specifically breeds or requires puddle drinking simpletons? You would have fitted as a promising Hibs striker one time perhaps?

What a lovely thing to say, thank you.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Front line squaddie types I would be inclined to agree with you but alot join to just get a trade and f**k off. 
I have ended up working with a lot of ex forces (raf/navy) and whilst they they do seem to have the same mind set and politics I think the that was more brain washed in to them where as ones in the polis seem to have more a chip on their shoulder before they join. And before anyone says yes I am making mass generalisations here.

What mindset is that then, if your going into public order then comparing it to what is happening in the US is long gone they dont use snatch squads as they used to in public order (which was only to get the ring leaders and i would say the days your talking about was at the time or internment) and going back as far as 89/90 in my experience the same as public order is only there for dispersing crowds the same as the use of baton round in which case there has to be  authorisation (usually by BrigadeI in firing baton rounds.  

Just get a heavy Grima Wormtongue vibe off of bennett white knighting for the police tbh. 

Also seen plenty of people pointing out that Killer Mike is a landlord son of a cop that profits off of child labour so it's not surprising that he deplores property damage and champions electoralism. Wearing a Kill Your Masters t shirt while you do it is some laugh though.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Is Bennett seriously comparing growing up as a Neddy kid n Scotland to that of a black person being persecuted all their life in racist US cities and States?

He must be bored with no football to make shite posts about.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

What mindset is that then, if your going into public order then comparing it to what is happening in the US is long gone they dont use snatch squads as they used to in public order (which was only to get the ring leaders and i would say the days your talking about was at the time or internment) and going back as far as 89/90 in my experience the same as public order is only there for dispersing crowds the same as the use of baton round in which case there has to be  authorisation (usually by BrigadeI in firing baton rounds.  

Punctuation is your friend.

3 hours ago, bennett said:

Nothing in that clip was out of order, if you've nothing to hide then you'll help the police and agree to be searched. Especially when they explained about reports of drug dealing, surely you can't have an issue with that?

Wow. I’m sure you can completely empathise with black youths being harassed by the police because you got pulled over a couple of times in your 1.2 Corsa. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

13 hours ago, TheGoon said:

What is the point in places putting down curfews? Surely that would only encourage more people to go as an act of defiance.

Gives a legal get out.

13 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

More protests lined up for tomorrow in London and Glasgow.

It's peak viral social media that people care more about what's happening 3500 miles away than what's going on their own doorstep.

You are aware that people can care about more than one thing at a time? Or are you seriously suggesting that people can only care about a single issue at a time?

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Just get a heavy Grima Wormtongue vibe off of bennett white knighting for the police tbh. 

Also seen plenty of people pointing out that Killer Mike is a landlord son of a cop that profits off of child labour so it's not surprising that he deplores property damage and champions electoralism. Wearing a Kill Your Masters t shirt while you do it is some laugh though.

White knighting from a White Knight.

2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

I think the cannabis thing is much more important than you're giving credit. Think how many black guys have been imprisoned for possession compared to whites. Legalising it closes off a very easy route the police and courts could take to persecute blacks.

Is arresting people for breaking the law persecution?