George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

21 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Incredible

Needs stormtrooper music.

I bet that stung when hit, with all of violence and rioting, common sense should tell you to stay in the fcuking hoose.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Or indeed for politely agreeing to a drug search.

Tbh when I was younger I was always getting stopped by the polis, same when I first started driving and it seemed that I was getting pulled over the time. You grow up and realise that they're just doing their job.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Needs stormtrooper music.

I bet that stung when hit, with all of violence and rioting, common sense should tell you to stay in the fcuking hoose.

Tbh when I was younger I was always getting stopped by the polis, same when I first started driving and it seemed that I was getting pulled over the time. You grow up and realise that they're just doing their job.

Are you black?

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

Outstanding. 😂

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Is Bennett seriously comparing growing up as a Neddy kid n Scotland to that of a black person being persecuted all their life in racist US cities and States?

I've done nothing of the sort, are you still a bit tipsy?

2 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

A police officer will always back up a police officer, wether they are in the right or not. Too many people have this idea that they are all courteous and trustworthy, the majority of them are anything but. I’ve had first hand experience of watching a police officer stand up in court and lie about an alleged assault on him, where he explained in detail that an 18 year old boy had struck him around the head with a bag of beer cans and how he had to take evasive action because he felt his life was in danger. What he was unaware of was that the defence lawyer had got a recording of a household CCTV camera, which very clearly showed that absolutely none of that had happened. The defence lawyer absolutely skewered him and the judge rightly threw the case out, but that guy was probably back at his work the next day, not a care in the world that he had been caught lying in court, trying to bring a very serious charge to a boy who was half way through an apprenticeship and would have lost his job if found guilty. 

It takes a certain character to want to become a police officer and in my experience the majority of them are not to be trusted. They might start off with good intentions but a few years down the line the power goes to their head and they believe themselves to be a class above the general population. I’ve met a few police officers in social situations and have always found them to be arrogant wankers. 

Same as the armed forces. Understandable attitude I suppose. Us against them attitude. However, it makes it extremely difficult to get these sort of cases cleared up with successful prosecutions, as it's just a wall of silence/denial.  Civilians carrying out these sort of assaults would be sorted out, pronto.

Most of us would back up our mates and lie for them. Depends how serious a crime your mate has committed and how many lies you are prepared to tell, and what consequences you are prepared to pay.

Re your assertion that all police are c**** (I paraphrase slightly) I've never had any bother with the police, on the few occasions I've had to deal with them they were nothing but professional and polite.

Fucking hell bennett

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

Same as the armed forces. Understandable attitude I suppose. Us against them attitude. However, it makes it extremely difficult to get these sort of cases cleared up with successful prosecutions, as it's just a wall of silence/denial.  Civilians carrying out these sort of assaults would be sorted out, pronto.

Most of us would back up our mates and lie for them. Depends how serious a crime your mate has committed and how many lies you are prepared to tell, and what consequences you are prepared to pay.

Re your assertion that all police are c**** (I paraphrase slightly) I've never had any bother with the police, on the few occasions I've had to deal with them they were nothing but professional and polite.

Front line squaddie types I would be inclined to agree with you but alot join to just get a trade and f**k off. 
I have ended up working with a lot of ex forces (raf/navy) and whilst they they do seem to have the same mind set and politics I think the that was more brain washed in to them where as ones in the polis seem to have more a chip on their shoulder before they join. And before anyone says yes I am making mass generalisations here.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
30 minutes ago, bennett said:

Fucking hell bennett

Nothing in that clip was out of order, if you've nothing to hide then you'll help the police and agree to be searched. Especially when they explained about reports of drug dealing, surely you can't have an issue with that?

32 minutes ago, bennett said:

30 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Are you black?

28 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Outstanding. 😂

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
32 minutes ago, bennett said:

Fucking hell bennett

I thought he was starting his own #metoo movement which would have been funny enough but yet he somehow managed to make even more an arse of himself with a peach of an ending sentence. Some boi Benny.

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Front line squaddie types I would be inclined to agree with you but alot join to just get a trade and f**k off. 
I have ended up working with a lot of ex forces (raf/navy) and whilst they they do seem to have the same mind set and politics I think the that was more brain washed in to them where as ones in the polis seem to have more a chip on their shoulder before they join. And before anyone says yes I am making mass generalisations here.

What mindset am I supposed to have?

Just now, bennett said:

Nothing in that clip was out of order, if you've nothing to hide then you'll help the police and agree to be searched. Especially when they explained about reports of drug dealing, surely you can't have an issue with that?

You cant compare your plight with that of Black people in London and the abuse of stop and search powers come on tae f**k. 

1 minute ago, bennett said:

High attention seeking mode today eh?

If you’re not careful it will be full ‘heads gone’ before noon.

16 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Is Bennett seriously comparing growing up as a Neddy kid n Scotland to that of a black person being persecuted all their life in racist US cities and States?

You still haven't backed this post up yet, please provide evidence of this?