George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

2 hours ago, 101 said:

Four people shot one of whom is dead and a baby, aged 2, has been injured. Absolutely mental.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/28/us/baltimore-shooting-saturday/index.html

Yet another US shooting thread for this pish

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

20 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Beating a prisoner or suspect should never be allowed. The scum police in the US are massively armed, so should use the pepper spray or tasers if needed, but we see so often they use them immediately. 

The police in the US is stuffed full of the worse sort of hideous coward bully scum. So many atrocious attempts at human beings find their way in to that gang, and gang is a very fitting word for them. 

I think it's the same kind of people that are in any police force 

But the country is addicted to violence and armed to the teeth

So, in their heads, they apply violence first before it can be done to them

Must be an extremely frightening country to live in, but suppose you probably get used to it 

1 hour ago, Binos said:

I think it's the same kind of people that are in any police force 

But the country is addicted to violence and armed to the teeth

So, in their heads, they apply violence first before it can be done to them

Must be an extremely frightening country to live in, but suppose you probably get used to it 

Depends…if you’re a minority it is significantly worse.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Depends…if you’re a minority it is significantly worse.

No doubt 

They also statistically are more likely to be shot themselves so they are even more hair trigger in those situations 

Route cause of all of it is addition to arms

On 28/01/2023 at 14:49, Mark Connolly said:

It's still in English Law, although it was challenged as recently as 2016 IIRC.

There was a case in the late 90s where 4 guys agreed to kill someone the next day. One of them didn't show up, but was still convicted, as he had agreed to take part, and didn't stop the others.

This is a very long read, but worthwhile for anyone interested in the topic:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/mar/09/joint-enterprise-law-uk-how-do-11-people-go-to-jail-for-one-murder

On 28/01/2023 at 14:23, Newbornbairn said:

That's a British thing - "Joint Enterprise". It's something the Americans have been pointing at us and laughing about for years.

I haven't read the rest of the thread to see if someone else pointed out, but there was a lad in Alabama (I think) who was given the death pelanty because he was present during the commission of a crime in which a police officer was killed. Him and his friend were selling drugs, I think, when there was a bust and a polis was shot, but not by him.

@19QOS19 was it "The Innocence Project"? I deliberately avoided that as it looked heartbreaking.

Saw some rumours online that one of the police sent a picture of Tyre after he’d been beaten up to his (cops) ex girlfriend, apparently she & Tyre worked together & rumours of a relationship, it would explain why the Scorpion unit were in the neighbourhood they were in (relatively affluent & low crime) if it was a case of targeting Tyre. 
Could all be a load of absolute bullshit of course & I don’t want to come across all @detourment. 

On 28/01/2023 at 14:23, Newbornbairn said:

That's a British thing - "Joint Enterprise". It's something the Americans have been pointing at us and laughing about for years.

I'm sure Hunter S Thompson wrote a piece not long before he died about a girl who accepted a lift from somebody who ended up stopping at a store and robbing it, and shooting somebody. She was done for murder. Can't find any trace of it though.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm sure Hunter S Thompson wrote a piece not long before he died about a girl who accepted a lift from somebody who ended up stopping at a store and robbing it, and shooting somebody. She was done for murder. Can't find any trace of it though.

Apparently there’s a different interpretation in the states now after CBS tried to sue Sony! You need to have known or encouraged the other person to commit the crime….

21 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Saw some rumours online that one of the police sent a picture of Tyre after he’d been beaten up to his (cops) ex girlfriend, apparently she & Tyre worked together & rumours of a relationship, it would explain why the Scorpion unit were in the neighbourhood they were in (relatively affluent & low crime) if it was a case of targeting Tyre. 
Could all be a load of absolute bullshit of course & I don’t want to come across all @detourment. 

True or not I bet it was something like that. It'll come out with the plea bargaining.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Was it not Dog the Bounty Hunter?  He was sitting in a car outside somewhere when someone got out and went into a building and ended up shooting someone or something.

1 hour ago, Brother Blades said:

Facts:

Tyre worked at FedEx.

An ex-wife of one of the five officers (Demitrius Haley) worked at FedEx.

It is not even established if the two worked at the same location or had contact within the company.

Rumours/Speculation:

Tyre had a relationship with the ex-wife.

The five officers were hunting for Tyre.

Picture(s) of Tyre up against the car we’re sent to the ex-wife.

48 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Facts:

Tyre worked at FedEx.

An ex-wife of one of the five officers (Demitrius Haley) worked at FedEx.

It is not even established if the two worked at the same location or had contact within the company.

Rumours/Speculation:

Tyre had a relationship with the ex-wife.

The five officers were hunting for Tyre.

Picture(s) of Tyre up against the car we’re sent to the ex-wife.

First degree murder then

37 minutes ago, Binos said:

First degree murder then

If this rumour pans out, its an open and shut first degree murder on all the involved officers due to the addition of premeditation to the videos. Voluntary manslaughter would have been the thing the lawyers for the cops would have tried for, arguing a "state of passion", but you add in this news, if true, ain't none of them walking, and we could very well see a death penalty issued to at least one of them (Haley). 

26 minutes ago, TxRover said:

If this rumour pans out, its an open and shut first degree murder on all the involved officers due to the addition of premeditation to the videos. Voluntary manslaughter would have been the thing the lawyers for the cops would have tried for, arguing a "state of passion", but you add in this news, if true, ain't none of them walking, and we could very well see a death penalty issued to at least one of them (Haley). 

Was haley the big guy landing the blows 

15 minutes ago, Binos said:

Was haley the big guy landing the blows 

No idea, but I suspect if there is anything to this rumour /story, we’ll know pretty soon. The released mug shots don’t all have the scales readable, but he doesn’t seem to be the tallest.