George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

1 minute ago, Binos said:

There's plenty more videos like this from US

People who get shot by police because they won't get out of their car 

Reason won't get out cause paranoid will get shot 

Happens all the time.  The place is fucked 

That one was particularly disturbing, because the guy was literally in tears and begging the police officer not to shoot him. There was also absolutely no need to make him crawl like that. Why, when he is lying face down with his hands outstretched could they not have cuffed him? 

The copper was temporarily re-hired so he could get a police pension, it seems: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/police-officer-who-fatally-shot-sobbing-man-temporarily-rehired-apply-n1028981

The place is fucked. Arizona is one of the worst - they're considering reinstating the gas chamber as a method of execution. It took the last guy 18 minutes to die in one:

The agonizing choking and gagging continued over several minutes.

Finally, shrouded in poisonous gas, Walter LaGrand slumped forward.

The 37-year-old killer had breathed his last breath.

Arizona’s first gas chamber execution in seven years took 18 minutes before the condemned man’s heart flat-lined at 9:30 last night.

http://tucsoncitizen.com/morgue2/1999/03/04/147996-lagrand-18-minutes-to-die/

I mean, if they got someone to throttle the condemned to death, or use an axe or a chainsaw on him, it would have been quicker.

It's a barbaric society, I'm not sure why we're constantly bombarded with American news and 'culture', personally. 

Genuinely saddening. Fair play to anyone who can muster the strength to riot after watching that as my reaction is I want to lie down and cry. It's just so unnecessary. 

Can't wait for the fuckwit racists to put their 2 cents in on this one. Wonder how the defence will spin this one as well. 

Does that part of US not have the "you're all culpable" law? Can't mind the official name but I know there are places where if you're associated with a murderer in a group, you're all charged with the same crime. Hopefully it applies here. 

I really really hope the parents haven't watched that video. I don't think I could come back from that if it was my child taking them blows then slowly dying with no one helping. 

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Genuinely saddening. Fair play to anyone who can muster the strength to riot after watching that as my reaction is I want to lie down and cry. It's just so unnecessary. 

Can't wait for the fuckwit racists to put their 2 cents in on this one. Wonder how the defence will spin this one as well. 

Does that part of US not have the "you're all culpable" law? Can't mind the official name but I know there are places where if you're associated with a murderer in a group, you're all charged with the same crime. Hopefully it applies here. 

I really really hope the parents haven't watched that video. I don't think I could come back from that if it was my child taking them blows then slowly dying with no one helping. 

I haven't seen anyone try to justify it on here or Twitter. 

As several officers struck him, they would all have to be charged with the same crime, as surely it would be unclear which officer inflicted the terminal blow?

What I don't understand, and what is really frightening, is how they expected to justify this level of violence? I mean, they surely didn't intend to lose their jobs. Was it that they got caught up in the moment, and forgot about the consequences, or did they believe that they would be able to claim he was resisting arrest and they were trying to restrain him? Their lawyers will surely try to make the argument they didn't intend to kill him.

9 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

Their lawyers will surely try to make the argument they didn't intend to kill him.

The attorney for Mills has urged people to watch the footage, and says it shows that his client is less culpable. All five have been released on bail yesterday, BTW. $350k and $250k were the amounts quoted, so they'll pay 10% of that, or have a bail bondsman do it. 

The Blue Lives Matter crew have been copiously silent, presumably because the officers were themselves black. Failed sports analyst Jason Whitlock, who now seems desperate to become the male Candace Owens, was on Tucker Carlson explaining the incident happened because the officers being black meant they were likely raised in single parent households, and that the problem is with black culture. There really isn't a hole deep enough for him to crawl into. 

30 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That only applies to black kids sitting in the back of the car while their big brother robs a shop at knife point, murdering the owner while doing so, then they both get executed.

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I've read about this (not watching a video of a murder) and there's stuff that happens before the video posted on the previous page:

Screenshot_20230128_090532_Reddit.thumb.jpg.3d0e52f7c3c90255a26bf7b6d4b7c955.jpg

Screenshot_20230128_090559_Reddit.jpg.68c6d5f66635ca4492b8a7055379835f.jpg

If I read that correctly, at least three of these cops managed to pepper spray themselves while attempting to restrain one man.

Which means that not only are they a bunch of bullying shitebag murdering c***s, they are also complete fucking morons

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

If I read that correctly, at least three of these cops managed to pepper spray themselves while attempting to restrain one man.

Which means that not only are they a bunch of bullying shitebag murdering c***s, they are also complete fucking morons

That's correct.

51 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's a British thing - "Joint Enterprise". It's something the Americans have been pointing at us and laughing about for years.

16 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

That's a British thing - "Joint Enterprise". It's something the Americans have been pointing at us and laughing about for years.

Wait, didn't (Derek Bentley?), the lad who shouted "let him have it" get hanged for that back in the 1960s? Maybe that's why we binned it.

4 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

Wait, didn't (Derek Bentley?), the lad who shouted "let him have it" get hanged for that back in the 1960s? Maybe that's why we binned it.

It's still in English Law, although it was challenged as recently as 2016 IIRC.

There was a case in the late 90s where 4 guys agreed to kill someone the next day. One of them didn't show up, but was still convicted, as he had agreed to take part, and didn't stop the others.

1 hour ago, G_&_T said:

I'm certainly not you're lying but I'd put my house on it that there are plenty of fuckwits on Twitter who'll be making excuses. 

25 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

I'm positive it applies in some States in America. I was watching something on Netflix and it was mentioned. For the life of me I can't recall what the programme was. I watch a lot of criminal documentaries...

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's still in English Law, although it was challenged as recently as 2016 IIRC.

There was a case in the late 90s where 4 guys agreed to kill someone the next day. One of them didn't show up, but was still convicted, as he had agreed to take part, and didn't stop the others.

I suppose he was able to prevent a man from being murdered. I suppose the law is reasonable to an extent. Like anything though, the justice system is flawed.

The Americans often seem to use it as a way of extracting a confession - at least I get that impression from films. "You know what, buster? Your friend is in the room next door singing like a canary. He's told us you did it. We already got you. He's taking a plea bargain, and you're going to take the heat for this. It's a race...and right now he's winning it, and it's your ass that's gonna be sitting in the electric chair."

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm certainly not you're lying but I'd put my house on it that there are plenty of fuckwits on Twitter who'll be making excuses. 

I'm positive it applies in some States in America. I was watching something on Netflix and it was mentioned. For the life of me I can't recall what the programme was. I watch a lot of criminal documentaries...

It’s usually ‘capital murder’ - ie as Granda said if you were the getaway driver when the store clerk got shot in the face. It does apply in TN, but I have a feeling it may only be for first degree murder, which is defined as being premeditated. Second degree is the biggest charge here, same as Chauvin got. 

46 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Aye, and if I read it correctly, they managed to do it more than once.

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

O.K....

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Some people will try to justify anything. I remember with Chauvin they said Floyd had a heart attack because of drugs, that it was a recognised police restraint, etc. The guy was screaming he couldn't breathe and Chauvin didn't release his knee, because he too was a bully and he wanted to defy the crowd demanding he did just did that, IMHO.

The officer in the video I posted successfully claimed the victim made him fear he was reaching for a gun, before wasting him.

But how do you justify repeatedly striking a man who was restrained, again and again? 

They need Bob Massingbird from Blackadder:

Blackadder:
I remember Massingbird's most famous case: the Case of the Bloody Knife. A man was found next to a murdered body. He had the knife in his hand. 13 witnesses had seen him stab the victim. And when the police arrived, he said "I'm glad I killed the b*****d." Massingbird not only got him off; he got him knighted in the New Year's Honours List. And the relatives of the victim had to pay to wash the blood out of his jacket!

Perkins:
I hear he's a dab hand at the prosecution as well, sir.

Blackadder:
Yes, well, look at Oscar Wilde.

Perkins:
Ol' butch Oscar.

Blackadder:
Yep! Big, bearded, bonking, butch Oscar. The terror of the ladies. 114 illegitimate children, world heavyweight boxing champion and author of the best-selling pamphlet "Why I Like To Do It With Girls." And Massingbird had him sent down for being a whoopsie.

14 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Footage is out and it is graphic. Think I’d riot. 

That's horrific. I'd only seen the limited video on the BBC website. I absolutely do not want to see any more. 

And in typical twitter fuckwit style, the first comment I read on that tweet is "he fled from the police what are they supposed to give him a cupcake and pat on the back? LOL"  

I feel heart sorry for his Mum/parents, they're not going to be able to avoid knowing exactly what happened even if they don't watch it.

7 hours ago, s_dog said:

That's horrific. I'd only seen the limited video on the BBC website. I absolutely do not want to see any more. 

And in typical twitter fuckwit style, the first comment I read on that tweet is "he fled from the police what are they supposed to give him a cupcake and pat on the back? LOL"  

I feel heart sorry for his Mum/parents, they're not going to be able to avoid knowing exactly what happened even if they don't watch it.

Indeed! The police are not employed to dispense Judge Dredd style vigilante justice. If he was armed and posing an imminent threat to the public, then there would be some justification for using force. But to beat up a man like that is never justifiable. 

I read Tweets that suggest stuff like 'he lost his human rights when he committed the crime...', as though someone ceases to be human due to their transgression. There are a lot of very vicious members of the public, and it's my fear that some of them pursue careers in the police force.

Edited by G_&_T

Beating a prisoner or suspect should never be allowed. The scum police in the US are massively armed, so should use the pepper spray or tasers if needed, but we see so often they use them immediately. 

The police in the US is stuffed full of the worse sort of hideous coward bully scum. So many atrocious attempts at human beings find their way in to that gang, and gang is a very fitting word for them. 

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Beating a prisoner or suspect should never be allowed. The scum police in the US are massively armed, so should use the pepper spray or tasers if needed, but we see so often they use them immediately. 

The police in the US is stuffed full of the worse sort of hideous coward bully scum. So many atrocious attempts at human beings find their way in to that gang, and gang is a very fitting word for them. 

There’s another problem here. Recently a perp refused to exit a vehicle while surrounded by the police, and then finally jumped out and started shooting. They fired 57 times in return. Here’s my issue…this happened in an apartment parking lot and I saw little to no effort by the police to establish safe fire backgrounds before they blasted away. I’m amazed some innocent person wasn’t hit!