George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

8 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

He didn't wake up to find himself in the middle of the action. He made a point of going to the protest armed with an assault rifle.

20 miles or 1/2 a mile. Walked to, caught the bus to, hopped on one leg to...it makes no difference.

True, but the information you stated was sufficiently inaccurate that it is liable to give rise to inaccurate inferences.

Rather than drive 20 miles carrying a weapon to attend the protest, he was already in the town, had left the house to clean graffiti, and was then offered payment if he went home to get his rifle and stood guard for a local car shop (which is fucking nuts, but 'Murrica).

Of course, he had no business leaving that shop to put out fires, which is what preceded the attacks on him, and as I have already said I think he was probably feeling self-important, wanted to posture, was naive, and couldn't handle himself. But - as at this point in history - he had done nothing to suggest he had any right-wing tendencies. (The photo discussed above came later.)

All of the above information is stipulated to by the prosecution, save for the aspect of payment which was disputed by one witness.

21 minutes ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

All of the above information is stipulated to by the prosecution.

5 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Well, you're obviously going to White Knight this c**t until the end of time so I'm just going to bow out and leave you to it.

Edited by Priti priti priti Patel

4 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Which formerly banned poster have we here? 

Swampy and his various aliases. He pops up every time there's a significant event in the USA to troll the f**k out of this, or the Trump threads with tragic contrarian right-wing pish, folk generally laugh at him and he gets banned again. 

Rinse/Repeat. 

I am not Swampy. I don't know who that is except seeing the username mentioned from time to time. Based on the description you have offered, if I was Swampy then I would deserve credit for cultivating an account for eight years with almost no political posts at all. Does Swampy generally watch Queen of the South games? 

3 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Swampy and his various aliases. He pops up every time there's a significant event in the USA to troll the f**k out of this, or the Trump threads with tragic contrarian right-wing pish, folk generally laugh at him and he gets banned again. 

Rinse/Repeat. 

HotDognHeineken.com must not provide the same standard of political discourse.

10 minutes ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

I am not Swampy. I don't know who that is except seeing the username mentioned from time to time. Based on the description you have offered, if I was Swampy then I would deserve credit for cultivating an account for eight years with almost no political posts at all. Does Swampy generally watch Queen of the South games? 

WTF happened to you? A once reasonably regarded contributor on here, reduced to posting pics of someone else's kids to prove a point before being banned and devolving into an attention-seeking right-wing mess. 

Seek help man 😂

I think a few folk have got Patel really mixed up.....

Honestly I might have skimmed some of this, but I am genuinely not seeing the outrage.

I already said similar to him, that the more I read about the case the more it became apparent he wpuld be found not guilty, and that whilst that fact is abhorrent to me, its quite literally what the Americans want, and actually deify in their nonsense constitution.

Up until last week there were STILL media outlets here claiming Rittenhouse shot black protestors. It turns out, and I was as wrong as everyone else, the facts reported to us here by most of the media for this case were a fucking shambles and when they came to be tested against actual law (American law, abhorrent to me personally) they were found pathetically wanting.

America to Britain is basically as bad as Saudi Arabia as far as what they will legally allow, so just fucking stop reporting American pantomine like it is in some way relevant to us here because they are Western/White Christian.

Americans are fucking worstcunts and they will fight to the death to defend their right to be so. Leave them to it.

Kyle Rittenhouse was tried under the laws of their lands, and those laws allow guns to taken into the streets and used in self defence. Its really that simple.

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:

I'm too lazy to remember, did you get banhammered for something?

Nah, I just changed my username a couple months back. I was never a big poster though, easy to miss.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

An American lawyer with a black wife posting on a Scottish football forum.

What a time to be alive.

Also a solicitor, I am just dual-qualified, as I work on a lot of international cases. Not wife, girlfriend.

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Honestly I might have skimmed some of this, but I am genuinely not seeing the outrage.

I already said similar to him, that the more I read about the case the more it became apparent he wpuld be found not guilty, and that whilst that fact is abhorrent to me, its quite literally what the Americans want, and actually deify in their nonsense constitution.

Up until last week there were STILL media outlets here claiming Rittenhouse shot black protestors. It turns out, and I was as wrong as everyone else, the facts reported to us here by most of the media for this case were a fucking shambles and when they came to be tested against actual law (American law, abhorrent to me personally) they were found pathetically wanting.

America to Britain is basically as bad as Saudi Arabia as far as what they will legally allow, so just fucking stop reporting American pantomine like it is in some way relevant to us here because they are Western/White Christian.

Americans are fucking worstcunts and they will fight to the death to defend their right to be so. Leave them to it.

Kyle Rittenhouse was tried under the laws of their lands, and those laws allow guns to taken into the streets and used in self defence. Its really that simple.

Exactly.

A lot of the mistruths seem to have been perpetuated by the District Attorney's office, presumably because they realised they had nothing to get him with and hoped to influence the jury.

Found this worthwhile, very on-the-fence but goes into that a reasonable person can easily see this as either murder or self-defence, but the jury can reasonably conclude it's not murder beyond a reasonable doubt. Also that systemic problems exist with black vs. white self defence statistics (shock horror, black people get fucked over more often) but as worthwhile as that discussion is, it's only Rittenhouse that's on trial here, not the system itself. He is guilty of making a bad situation worse "bringing gasoline to a match party" and people are now dead as a result.

Also that if Rittenhouse was shot and killed by the guy with the pistol then he could, very conceivably, construct a self defence argument of his own (that he held a belief that Rittenhouse was an active shooter) that a reasonable person could agree with.

priti is 100% not swampy btw.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Agree with this. We are judging this by our moral standards, rather than theirs. I use the terms 'we' 'our' and 'their' as generalisations, but their moral standard is vastly different to ours, their culture is vastly different to ours, their legislature is vastly different to ours. We do need to understand that.

5 minutes ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

Nah, I just changed my username a couple months back. I was never a big poster though, easy to miss.

Also a solicitor, I am just dual-qualified, as I work on a lot of international cases. Not wife, girlfriend.

Exactly.

A lot of the mistruths seem to have been perpetuated by the District Attorney's office, presumably because they realised they had nothing to get him with and hoped to influence the jury.

The case was hugely politicised from the moment the bodies hit the floor and that leaves little room for anything else. That their judicial system is also hugely politicised only serves to make it worse.

Rittenhouse is a horrible little shit. None of that changes. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I think it's more that he watched all the incredibly stage managed sympathy shite Rittenhouse did and said he felt for him. He's got the same brainpower as the people that yelled at Sergeant Slaughter for disrespecting the American flag.