George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

25 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Regardless of whatever else this is it's certainly a sad life.

I take it from this you remain totally unpersuaded. I am genuinely curious as to why. For example, do you just sort of assume the facts I have stated are made up/distorted, or are they not that relevant to you, etc? 

Not sure how else to convey it but I am just genuinely interested. 

Edited by Priti priti priti Patel

Would this would be the same Tucker Carlson that caused two of his colleagues at Fox to resign in disgust after stating his 3-part series on the Jan 6 insurrection "relied on fabrications and conspiracy theories to exonerate the Trump supporters who participated in the attack"?

That's who we're listening to on this topicTucker...fucking...Carlson?

I am not suggesting anyone listen to Tucker Carlson. The video clip above only has Rittenhouse speaking in it. In fact, as a measure of what an "extremist" he's supposed to be, he's went on Tucker Carlson (who - unsolicited - helped raise money for his bail fund) and said he supports BLM and the protest movement, which is probably in the Top 1 things Tucker Carlson doesn't want to hear.

Who said we are listening to Tucker Carlson?

21 minutes ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

I am not suggesting anyone listen to Tucker Carlson. The video clip above only has Rittenhouse speaking in it. In fact, as a measure of what an "extremist" he's supposed to be, he's went on Tucker Carlson (who - unsolicited - helped raise money for his bail fund) and said he supports BLM and the protest movement, which is probably in the Top 1 things Tucker Carlson doesn't want to hear.

That's just the kind of thing he wants on his programme.

Aite, well, I listened to the trial because I enjoy law, my career, and enjoyed the procedural arguments. I then heard facts, accepted by both prosecution and defence, which contradict what was reported in the media and which paint the events in a different light. Those facts undermine both the left wing and right wing narratives. No-one here has disputed those facts, or posted other facts which support the general narrative, but instead just said things like I must be racist, or have a sad life, or am mental because I have a dissenting view of things.

Failing to engage with the issues, calling people names, holding firm to opinions regardless of the evidence presented, and seeking to explain dissenting evidence as part of some machiavellian conspiracy - these are evidently not the sole preserve of the American right wing.

I had hoped to have a decent conversation. P&B is usually so much better than the above. 

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

:lol: Nothing better to wind up the commie libtards.

Even more than that, it helps prove how unreasonable and nasty the liberals are, going after this poor kid who actually supports them.

7 minutes ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

I had hoped to have a decent conversation. P&B is usually so much better than the above. 

Alright, if you weren't at it before, you are now.

13 hours ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

This is like when people post things from "Politics for Ali" and when it's pointed out that "Politics for Ali" are lying, manipulative, Tory c***s, the person who posted it responds with "aye but can you argue against the content they've posted"? And the answer is always, 100%, yes. Sources matter. 

On 19/11/2021 at 19:42, Priti priti priti Patel said:

I totally understand that.

No-one will agree with me, and I am not trying to convince anyone here. But, to explain why I feel the way I do, I am happy for him because I don't honestly believe he went there wanting to kill people. I suspect he had a missplaced sense of self-importance, and just wanted to posture with his gun. I can forgive him being a p***k because he was only 17 and we were all p***ks at that age, and I can forgive him the interest in guns because that's a nationwide insanity.

Having just turned up trying to play the big man, things have then got out of control, he couldn't handle it, and he's ended up doing something horrific. I am happy that he gets a chance to rebuild his life rather than being jailed for life without parole. If he shows that he has refused to learn his lesson by going on Fox News etc, then I won't be happy for him and I will think he is still a p***k who should have learned his lesson.

I feel that since we are now aware that a Fox film crew have been filming a documentary and he has appeared not just on Fox News but with Tucker Carlson of all people that this post could really do with an edit so you are clear that you are no longer happy for him, acknowledge that he is indeed still a p***k, and that he will not have to "rebuild his life" as he's certainly, at best, going to be the new poster boy for those who treasure that 2nd Amendment so dearly and, at worst, he's now the poster boy for every gun-toting nut/group who now feel fully enabled to fire said gun in response to the merest self-interpreted threat from another person. (I appreciate that it's entirely possible that there is something worse than the following that I just haven't considered).

5fff8f99dcc18.preview.jpg?crop=807%2C454%2C269%2C38&resize=1200%2C675&order=crop%2Cresize

I support BLM? The wee p***ks at it. Here he is earlier in the year wearing a free as f**k t-shirt, having a few beers in a bar frequented by Proud Boys and displaying a known White Power symbol. Before the weirdo pops up, this symbol can also mean OK or Asshole in American sign language but if you think that's what he was doing I've got a bridge to sell you.