George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

That's brilliant PR tactics tbf. The PR man needs a raise. Avoid the booing at Hampden but allows them to stand/kneel/lie down against the English booers. 

Edited by Stormzy

A good number of the Scotland squad have team mates/friends in the England set up. I am quite sure they will be seething at seeing their friends getting booed by their own fans.

Doing something different against them is just helping shine a light on them, which they dont like, so its a yes from me.

That's a reasonable compromise by the team.

I'd like a clear show of anti racism at the hampden games. Make a big deal out of it, even though they're still not taking the knee.

I'd have probably liked them to respect any other team who does take the knee (eg if we progress and play France or something).

Not taking the knee for 2 games for a global audience isnt a great look especially if the other 2 teams are, would have been a lot simpler just to take the knee for this tournament every game from the start. No amount of explaining is getting that point across.

12 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Not taking the knee for 2 games for a global audience isnt a great look especially if the other 2 teams are, would have been a lot simpler just to take the knee for this tournament every game from the start. No amount of explaining is getting that point across.

Neither Croatia nor Czechia are taking the knee.

I think it’s an excellent decision. Shows solidarity with the English against racism & as it’s different from what we’re doing at the 2 other games, in my opinion this highlights the issue even more. Plus anything that gets Tommy Robinson types seething is all good in my books.

Guest TheJTS98

A number of people on this thread have referred to the 'global' nature of the impact of taking the knee, or the impact on 'global' audiences.

I think this is vastly, vastly over-stated.

This week I have watched Asian World Cup qualifiers. No taking the knee. France v Germany in a women's international. No taking the knee. South American World Cup qualifiers. No taking the knee. Australian rugby league. No taking the knee. England v NZ at cricket where I don't recall seeing anyone taking the knee.

I've also watched K-League,J-League, and Malaysian League games this season and seen nobody taking the knee. Can't recall seeing any A-League teams doing it either.

Despite what your Twitter feed might tell you, the watching world is not horrified when a sports team doesn't take the knee. Most global viewers won't even think about it.

Edited by TheJTS98

22 hours ago, TheJTS98 said:

You treat The Knee almost like a religious act. It's just one option of many.

I quite enjoy the irony of this post when you've been obsessively posting about it over at least two threads over the last couple of days. Out of curiosity, at what point do you have another meltdown and beg the mods to bin your latest shite account, again? 

Guest TheJTS98
3 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I quite enjoy the irony of this post when you've been obsessively posting about it over at least two threads over the last couple of days. Out of curiosity, at what point do you have another meltdown and beg the mods to bin your latest shite account, again

You seem a lovely chap. Your parents must be proud.

Good day to you.

1 minute ago, Gordon EF said:

The irony is, if loads of Americans hadn't had a complete heads gone when Colin Kaepernick first did it, barely anyone here would know who he is or what 'taking the knee' is.

Daenerys would.

• 2 weeks later...

Editorial on unofficial Pars site (I'm not the author btw, despite it being signed by SP). Racism isn't a problem apparently and black people who get angry about are the racist ones.

https://dafc.net/story.php?t=Time_To_Stop_Taking_The_Knee.&ID=3724

These 89 recent stories about folk suffering racist abuse in Dunfermline may suggest otherwise. 

ETA - sorry, can’t find the link now but if you go to the Dunfermline Press website and search “racism” there are so many grim stories about folk being abused. 

Edited by Peter Grant

4 hours ago, Peter Grant said:

Editorial on unofficial Pars site (I'm not the author btw, despite it being signed by SP). Racism isn't a problem apparently and black people who get angry about are the racist ones.

These 89 recent stories about folk suffering racist abuse in Dunfermline may suggest otherwise. 

A classic case of painting the exterior, when the interior has the problems. 

Christ. Didn't know Richard Littlejohn was a pars fan.