George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

yeh was there a particular post though? All im getting is a link to the thread?

I think it starts around page 22. Someone posted a tweet about how race may have proved a factor in response, then there was some discussion about what information gets asked by call handlers and related to police

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I think it starts around page 22. Someone posted a tweet about how race may have proved a factor in response, then there was some discussion about what information gets asked by call handlers and related to police

Ah, yeh that person who apparently knows that no other knife incident has been responded to with lethal force before in Scotland or something, yet fails to provide any evidence to support this claim. I can recall from my own experience dozens of calls involving white people with knives where armed officers have been deployed.

She doesnt have as great a grasp on this incident as she thinks either, the initial response (the police officer who was injured) wasnt armed with a gun (they did have a taser which is frequently what gets sent to a knife call), guns were only sent in after the serious injury to the police officer. 

anyway as for what the call handlers ask in terms of description or whatever is provided, if im being sent into a densely populated area with multiple casualties and a person armed with a weapon which could be easily hidden, then i’d want as much of a detailed description as possible. The ethnicity of the people involved doesnt influence what the police response would be, as soon as there is confirmation of a potential mass casualty incident there are protocols which kick in. 

On 11/12/2020 at 21:00, NotThePars said:

Thanks for reminding us of another classic Detournement moment where he just states something as fact despite it being complete shite and five posts later carries on like nothing happened

What post?

Edited by Detournement

This?

On 27/06/2020 at 18:50, Detournement said:

That's a bot account. 

4500 followers. Following 2500. 10 retweets for original tweet. 

On 27/06/2020 at 18:52, SweeperDee said:

I mean, it's not, considering I know the person second hand. 

On 27/06/2020 at 18:57, NotThePars said:

😅

• 3 months later...

Stumbled across the trial. That's the first time I've saw the entire footage of the incident. It's absolutely harrowing. The guy literally dies there in front of you. I hope they throw the book at the c**t.

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Stumbled across the trial. That's the first time I've saw the entire footage of the incident. It's absolutely harrowing. The guy literally dies there in front of you. I hope they throw the book at the c**t.

Certainly not an easy watch.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It’s murder, plain and simple. There’s no way you can justify the police officers use of force in relation to the threat that they deemed George Floyd posed. Having him in that position, with a grown mans knee in the neck area with his body weight behind it, for over 9 minutes, is murder. The neck is pretty well known for being an area where if you apply a lot of pressure to it for a sustained amount of time, it usually ends up in death. 

If I got into a scuffle in Glasgow city centre and got a guy in a similar position, and stuck my knee into his neck for 9 minutes and ended up killing him, everyone would say ‘well what did you think was going to happen’, and I would fully expect to be going to jail for murder. 

Edited by IrishBhoy