George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

Out of all the things to show dissent to though. 
Footballers showing solidarity for the disproportionate number of black individuals being killed by white policemen. 
I loved the bollocks they spouted on their forums about wishing it had stayed 'kick it out' rather than blm - as if it's an organisational issue they have against it.

Kick it out released a statement today dismayed at the Millwall fans and the tory minister for backing them.

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'm not sure why it's footballers responsibility to show their social concern every time they start work and nobody else's. Most of them probably don't know why they're doing it. It just seems a bit tokenistic to me the longer it goes on. 

There aren't millions of folk watching me check my e-mails at 8:25 to be honest so probably a bit pointless me doing it when I start work TBH

Edited by Gaz

I don't think it's too controversial to suggest taking the knee might be losing some of its impact. I can't say I really even take notice now when watching a game.

What obviously can't happen is for it to stop and not be replaced with anything else. It's great that the issue continues to receive the attention it deserves but it would be excellent to seem some tangible progress. The most frustrating thing about the incident with Greg Clarke repeatedly putting his foot in his mouth was that he was actually there to discuss progress on diversity etc and there's been very little reporting on the actual substance of that discussion.

There aren't millions of folk watching me check my e-mails at 8:25 to be honest so probably a bit pointless me doing it when I start work TBH

Absolutely gone at the image of me coming into the office and seeing the 6 people (socially distanced) taking a knee before we start photocopying and filing.

I don't think it's too controversial to suggest taking the knee might be losing some of its impact. I can't say I really even take notice now when watching a game.

I didn’t really see the utility of it when you see people like Keir Starmer do it while they don’t bother to take any action on anti-black members in their own party but if it gets supporters of bigoted fitba clubs to show their arse then I guess we gotta keep taking a knee

14 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

There is a world of difference between feeling it is losing its impact, or even disagreeing with it as a method of protest, and actually booing the act itself. Anyone who booed the act is racist, it is quite frankly as simple as that.

At no point did I dispute that.

Sprotsman taking the the knee is can only help for tv....we need more

As it don't hit the fucker where it's needed

teachers, cleaners, doctors, chiphies, fucking everyone, take s knee.

we talk about education, school assembly in Scotland has anyone  ever took a  knee?

sparkies at 07:00 @throbber take the knee, everycunt take the knee, 

If folk in the work don't do it we could exclude them, like we did in the old days with cath.........germ...........jew.. ......fife, ......gingers

We will all be fucking happy

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

Sprotsman taking the the knee is can only help for tv....we need more

As it don't hit the fucker where it's needed

teachers, cleaners, doctors, chiphies, fucking everyone, take s knee.

we talk about education, school assembly in Scotland has anyone  ever took a  knee?

sparkies at 07:00 @throbber take the knee, everycunt take the knee, 

If folk in the work don't do it we could exclude them, like we did in the old days with cath.........germ...........jew.. ......fife, ......gingers

We will all be fucking happy

138E3C50-1FB1-4A3D-BE19-D49A6E78FE48.gif