George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

It wouldn't surprise me if the two Louisville cops that got shot yesterday were at it as well. 

In the UK a police officer has been killed by someone who pulled out a gun while being detained in Croydon detention centre. My own memories of getting lifted are a bit hazy but I'm I sure I had cuffs on right until I went into the cell.

13 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the two Louisville cops that got shot yesterday were at it as well. 

The person who got arrested shot the police in front of multiple witnesses, was in possession of a handgun and the shooting is on video.   Not biased at all, are you?

On 21/09/2020 at 13:09, MixuFruit said:

Good article here laying out the factors at play that certain folk for one reason or another have difficulty understanding.

https://www.theroot.com/a-judge-asked-harvard-to-find-out-why-so-many-black-peo-1845017462?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

I didn't read it, but I love the root in general and Michael Harriot in particular. His regular skewering of white America makes for wonderful reading. He's introduced the terms "caucasity" (defined as white shamelessness) and "osteo-racism" (in response to those who say they don't have a racist bone in their body) to my lexicon. It's the site where I get the majority of my American news tbh.  

Footballer Walter Tull, who became the first black player to sign for Rangers (before he was killed in 1918), appears on the Glasgow postbox in Byres Road. He had played as a forward with Spurs and Northampton Town.

He featured in a set of stamps released in 2018 to mark the centenary of the end of World War One and was also the first black Army officer to command troops in a regular unit"

Now that Trump has put them on a pedestal hopefully they will be getting knocked off it in the near future.

https://www.opb.org/article/2020/09/30/police-arrest-far-right-protester-who-pointed-gun-at-portland-rally/

https://twitter.com/ByMikeBaker/status/1311330285636612096/photo/1

Edited by dirty dingus

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

These far right cuntos like the 'Proud Boys' need to be labelled as terrorists (as that's what they are) and treated as such.

No chance this will happen. You know that the year the KKK were outlawed the NRA came into being, when it comes to dealing with right wing nutters America has an extremely poor track record.

Watson actually played with another black player for a team in Govan before going to Queens Park.

Something in the back of my mind also says Leith Athletic had a black player in the late 19th Century. 

Also the first Scotland rugby team had a mixed race player who played against England. He was of South East Asian descent rather than being black.

I quite like the idea of celebrating black Scottish sports people by putting Vic Kasule on a Coatbridge pillar box.

12 hours ago, 101 said:

No chance this will happen. You know that the year the KKK were outlawed the NRA came into being, when it comes to dealing with right wing nutters America has an extremely poor track record.

Aye, sadly true, but it would be good if anyone else (i.e. those outside of the US) were to label them accurately when reporting on the situation.

28 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye, sadly true, but it would be good if anyone else (i.e. those outside of the US) were to label them accurately when reporting on the situation.

Yeh that's probably as much as we can hope for but it's unlikely as most news firms are worried about doing anything to upset America.

How can that decision be justified?

This should be a bigger story, given the current focus on blm.