George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

8 minutes ago, madwullie said:

The word militia is in the constitution so calling them that gives them some sort of justification - a wee boost that they're protecting freedoms etc. They absolutely fucking love being called militias

Sorry to sully your good name by agreeing with you, but I was about to post exactly that. 

It's enshrined in the Constitution, and many believe the Founding Fathers did so, not just in order to protect freedoms from being taken by the government, but so that the people could protect themselves if the government were unwilling to do so. 

49 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's worth bearing in mind that this is mainly going on in American towns that we've barely heard of, and most of the country is chugging along as normal. Trump is desperately trying to build it up and stoke it because he's behind in the polls, and I doubt as many Americans are as keen on a "culture war" as he thinks. It could seriously backfire if suburban housewives with teenage sons hold him responsible. 

Sadly, the entire history of America suggests that suburbanites are far more likely to blame black people than they are rich white men for society's perceived problems.

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Sadly, the entire history of America suggests that suburbanites are far more likely to blame black people than they are rich white men for society's perceived problems.

Why do you make it a racial thing? Besides, who's more likely to burgle, assault or murder the average surburanite? 

4 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

See how it's kicking off in Portland again, and this all started with Proud Boys organising fights there a couple of years ago, was that a deliberate choice from them because Portland's considered one of the epicentres of socially liberal thought in the USA?

Probably.

Maybe the guy who likes Andy Ngo can answer. Given that Ngo is the Proud Boys cheerleader.

2 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Don't like Donald Trump = hate the Jews is some pretty low-intelligence trolling, even by your pathetic standards.

No, it's not hard to see where it leads when you start blaming all of society's ills on rich white people...it's happened before.

I was highlighting that America has a problem with racism. As you well know, but are desperate to pretend otherwise so you can blame black people when they get murdered.

As for, "it's happened before", your mate in the White Power House has far more in common with the Austrian white supremacist than any peaceful protesters do. 

Suggest America might be racist  after centuries of slavery, lynchings, Jim Crow Laws, segregation, shooting black people and voting for a racist President  = you support Hitler. Ermm, sure.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

29 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Sorry to sully your good name by agreeing with you, but I was about to post exactly that. 

It's enshrined in the Constitution, and many believe the Founding Fathers did so, not just in order to protect freedoms from being taken by the government, but so that the people could protect themselves if the government were unwilling to do so. 

Aye enshrined at a time where America was susceptible to invasion from Mexico, from the UK etc and it was necessary to have access to men with fire arms, last I checked America is the most powerful country in the world and not susceptible to invasion. It is however susceptible to stupid p***ks playing soldier and kids shooting up schools, so I’d say your argument about it being ok is a bit shite. 

3 hours ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Why would I conceivably be banned for suggesting someone might have acted in self-defence? It's pretty obvious what this bampot Marxist indy Scotland you all dream of will be like! Clearly any un-woke opinions will result in banishment to a forced labour camp on St. Kilda.

^ Not left or right. Just calls each issue based on the facts.

One of the best things about this website is whenever some wee alt right gimp comes along with his oh so clever dog whistle shite, people are very happy just to call them a racist and tell them to f**k off. We might be a bunch of saddo diddy team supporting weirdos, but at least we don't stand for that shite.

49 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

See how it's kicking off in Portland again, and this all started with Proud Boys organising fights there a couple of years ago, was that a deliberate choice from them because Portland's considered one of the epicentres of socially liberal thought in the USA?

Was just asking the gf, a Portland native, about this. She thinks it's as simple as just a trolling initiative. Portland's largely speaking a lefty place, Oregon outside the metro area very much isn't, and it's pretty accessible for nuts from all over the country. McInnes et al can get a lot of publicity pretty easily there. 

16 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Aye enshrined at a time where America was susceptible to invasion from Mexico, from the UK etc and it was necessary to have access to men with fire arms, last I checked America is the most powerful country in the world and not susceptible to invasion. It is however susceptible to stupid p***ks playing soldier and kids shooting up schools, so I’d say your argument about it being ok is a bit shite. 

More Americans died in this attack than they have to date in conflict in Afghanistan so I wouldn’t say their gun obsession makes them completely impervious to attack.

image.gif.677c9eb9edeae00158ef6c3f3e199e74.gif

1 hour ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Me: I think the guy might well be acquitted of the charges based on the grounds that he was defending himself. [POSTS VIDEO FOOTAGE OF SHOOTINGS & ANALYSIS FROM US LAWYER]

Everyone else: You're an evil, morally bankrupt, racist imbecile. I hope you die a lingering death from a combination of cancer and a flesh-eating disease. 

Don't forget the helicopter.