George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

20 hours ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

I don't consider myself left or right. I like to judge these things based on the facts alone.

So far the narrative appears to be:

1) The kid is hanging about with a militia, ostensibly protecting property and upholding the law, armed with an assault rifle and carrying a first aid kit.

2) He extinguishes a fire lit by the protesters, who then verbally abuse him, and then an altercation occurs where he runs and is chased and the first person is shot.

3) The second incident is recorded, and I suggest anybody interested watches the footage. It's all over Twitter. It shows the perpetrator being chased by several people, get hit with a skateboard and stumble and fall to the ground. He fires about three shots, and is actually pretty calm given the circumstances. 

I think the fact Rosenbaum was a paedophile and was acting aggressively doesn't, of course, justify his death. However it does testify to his unsavoury character.  

There's lots of other footage of other incidents that occurred that night to:

A genuinely horrific post and should be enough to get you emptied off here tbh.

I shouldn't engage with you but f**k it. It wasn't his job to uphold the law, so that point is moot. 

He killed two people. You're trying a sort of smokescreen by mentioning that one victim had previous crimes/a paper bag was thrown, etc because either:

1) You have zero regard for human life and are politically aligned with the extreme right ideologies of these militia.

2) You're a weirdo who gets a kick out of bites for this.

Either way, I feel really sorry for you. Sit down, have a look at yourself and try to improve. 

7 minutes ago, JMDP said:

A genuinely horrific post and should be enough to get you emptied off here tbh.

I shouldn't engage with you but f**k it. It wasn't his job to uphold the law, so that point is moot. 

He killed two people. You're trying a sort of smokescreen by mentioning that one victim had previous crimes/a paper bag was thrown, etc because either:

1) You have zero regard for human life and are politically aligned with the extreme right ideologies of these militia.

2) You're a weirdo who gets a kick out of bites for this.

Either way, I feel really sorry for you. Sit down, have a look at yourself and try to improve. 

Agree with you, these militias are scary individuals with absolutely mental beliefs. 
If there were concerns about failure to guard/protect property then the issue falls squarely to the authorities who failed to mobilise enough resources to properly manage the incident, its not for walter mitty’s to come out and play rainbow 6. 
I can’t see where lethal force in this madness was justified. 

34 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Why would I conceivably be banned for suggesting someone might have acted in self-defence? It's pretty obvious what this bampot Marxist indy Scotland you all dream of will be like! Clearly any un-woke opinions will result in banishment to a forced labour camp on St. Kilda.

I would have the likes of you pushed out of a helicopter half way to St Kilda.

Agree with you, these militias are scary individuals with absolutely mental beliefs. 
If there were concerns about failure to guard/protect property then the issue falls squarely to the authorities who failed to mobilise enough resources to properly manage the incident, its not for walter mitty’s to come out and play rainbow 6. 
Send in the army imo

27 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Charming!

I genuinely don't see what has elicited such venom. The shootings were an act of self-defence. That's all I have said...

Who would have thought walking into a protest like this would provoke a reaction? That boy who threw a plastic bag at him had it coming.

NINTCHDBPICT000604495178-4.jpg?w=960

Edited by welshbairn

8 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Trump has already threatened to send the army at Portland if the authorities continue to fail to control the situation there.

Country is on the brink of civil war.

Im not talking about the army, im also pretty sure he can’t do that either under some act who’s name i cant remember. Its enshrined in the US constitution that their armed forces cannot be turned on their civilian populous im sure? The threshold for that changing isnt even anywhere close to being met. 

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im not talking about the army, im also pretty sure he can’t do that either under some act who’s name i cant remember. Its enshrined in the US constitution that their armed forces cannot be turned on their civilian populous im sure? The threshold for that changing isnt even anywhere close to being met. 

Why would he care if it's against the law?

He breaks laws all the time. No-one holds him to account.

I dont mean this at you specifically, but as you said it... Something that absolutely needs to happen is folk need to stop using the word militia when referring to moronic wee freaks who have an obsession with guns. I dont know how much credence being in a "militia" really carries, but it's more than being a VL who has played too much Call of Duty. Call this wee p***k for what he is. A criminal who has precisely zero excuse for his actions, which were under any sensible assessment, murder.

If you go towards a heated situation in which you have absolutely no reason for being there, whilst carrying an automatic weapon which you then use to kill people, you are a murderer.

1 hour ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Charming!

I genuinely don't see what has elicited such venom. The shootings were an act of self-defence. That's all I have said...

I usually treat (some of) the witchunts on here with a bit of scepticism, and "he's not completely wrong here", but in this case I think you're way off beam.

And by no stretch of the imagination is it "self defence". Driving 30 miles, picking up a gun along the way to ensure he didn't take one across state lines, and then confronting protestors while fully armed strikes me as premeditation and doesn't fall under self defence, imho.

And how he was able to walk through police lines with his gun beggars belief. As I stated earlier, if he had been black and approached the police he would be dead now.

Edited by Jacksgranda
got rid of a "doesn't" as it completely undermined my point and then sllepnig

It's worth bearing in mind that this is mainly going on in American towns that we've barely heard of, and most of the country is chugging along as normal. Trump is desperately trying to build it up and stoke it because he's behind in the polls, and I doubt as many Americans are as keen on a "culture war" as he thinks. It could seriously backfire if suburban housewives with teenage sons hold him responsible. 

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's worth bearing in mind that this is mainly going on in American towns that we've barely heard of, and most of the country is chugging along as normal. Trump is desperately trying to build it up and stoke it because he's behind in the polls, and I doubt as many Americans are as keen on a "culture war" as he thinks. It could seriously backfire if suburban housewives with teenage sons hold him responsible. 

That's true. I bet a lot of Americans have barely heard of them, either.

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont mean this at you specifically, but as you said it... Something that absolutely needs to happen is folk need to stop using the word militia when referring to moronic wee freaks who have an obsession with guns. I dont know how much credence being in a "militia" really carries, but it's more than being a VL who has played too much Call of Duty. Call this wee p***k for what he is. A criminal who has precisely zero excuse for his actions, which were under any sensible assessment, murder.

If you go towards a heated situation in which you have absolutely no reason for being there, whilst carrying an automatic weapon which you then use to kill people, you are a murderer.

Yeh i was more using the term with contempt but yes, perhaps some better term would be waddling incel unit. They use the term because they largely model themselves on the michigan militia, which if you read up on the Oklahoma city stuff with Tim Mcveigh had links to the far right terrorists behind it. These people are entirely culpable for their actions, they are actively hoping to start race riots. Its like a more extreme version of the people who counter protest orange and republican walks. 
I agree, any of these WIU members were looking for trouble and living out fantasies of real life call of duty stuff. 

5 minutes ago, madwullie said:

The word militia is in the constitution so calling them that gives them some sort of justification - a wee boost that they're protecting freedoms etc. They absolutely fucking love being called militias

I suppose it's better than being called a gangster.

6 minutes ago, madwullie said:

The word militia is in the constitution so calling them that gives them some sort of justification - a wee boost that they're protecting freedoms etc. They absolutely fucking love being called militias

Exactly that. Fucking fantasists 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Who would have thought walking into a protest like this would provoke a reaction? That boy who threw a plastic bag at him had it coming.

NINTCHDBPICT000604495178-4.jpg?w=960

Are you judging him from a legal perspective, or in terms of morality? I understand it's perfectly legal in the US for citizens to carry guns. 

There's potentially an issue with him being 17, but then apparently one can join a militia at that age so it could be a grey area. 

Regardless, even if he was carrying it illegally, it could still be considered self-defence. He would simply be prosecuted for the misdemeanor. 

The way this debate has gone btw:

Me: I think the guy might well be acquitted of the charges based on the grounds that he was defending himself. [POSTS VIDEO FOOTAGE OF SHOOTINGS & ANALYSIS FROM US LAWYER]

Everyone else: You're an evil, morally bankrupt, racist imbecile. I hope you die a lingering death from a combination of cancer and a flesh-eating disease. 

It's the way that the police are completely complicit with them,on their side, to the extent that they confer with them, give water, direction etc that blows my mind. There's a lot wrong with this country, but the US has turned into a seriously fucked up place recently - it really does feel like it's barrelling towards a civil war.