George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

Absolute state of you.

Whether you believe what you are saying, or are saying it to get some ‘bites,’ it’s really irrelevant, you’re a terrible human being either way. 

It’s very much the ‘jokes on them, I was only pretending to be the r-word’. 

2 hours ago, Mr Waldo said:

And when did it become 'normal' to shout out you are 'anti-facist'? Is that not the norm? Did I miss something? 

I used to think so. But then I heard the president of the country in which I live referring to Nazis as "very fine people". I was told to my face that by being anti-Nazi, I was "against free speech." I've read many times that being opposed to Fascism makes me "intolerant" and that I'm "the real Fascist." And on this thread, and elsewhere I see people trying to justify murder because one of the victims "was an unsavoury type".

So no, I wouldn't say being anti-fascist is the norm. Not any more.

8 hours ago, GAD said:

Two people are dead. Your boy travelled 30 minutes (according to you) and shot them with a gun he brought with him. These are facts. Now you obviously identify with this wee boy, see a bit of yourself in him, but facts don't care about your feelings son.

I don't see how anyone can excuse this guy. If he had been black he'd be dead now, imo.

10 hours ago, Shotgun said:

I used to think so. But then I heard the president of the country in which I live referring to Nazis as "very fine people". I was told to my face that by being anti-Nazi, I was "against free speech." I've read many times that being opposed to Fascism makes me "intolerant" and that I'm "the real Fascist." And on this thread, and elsewhere I see people trying to justify murder because one of the victims "was an unsavoury type".

So no, I wouldn't say being anti-fascist is the norm. Not any more.

Well that is sad and hopefully he won't be president for much longerxmayxbring about change.

I think you have a point, even here, collective labelling and one argument seems to be the norm - "if you dont agree with us, then you are a racist/marxist/nazi," whatever.   I also hear that all Lefties are the real fascists, all Brexit supporters are racists,  and the likes. But I do still think (and hope) that is only what the 'far' people believe and that the vast majority who sit quietly inbetween them, getting on with their lives, and not trolling, do not think that way.

If it is OK to kill unsavoury types would that remove any over-population issue?  I think so, especially if I was the one who could decide who was 'unsavoury'!

19 hours ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

In the preceding sentence I talked about the gunman's guilt or the morality of his conduct. I was  merely offering an opinion on the material presented in the video. 

Wasn't looking for feedback, sorry

https://www.thedigitalfix.com/gaming/news/ubisoft-apologises-for-tom-clancys-elite-squad-suggesting-black-lives-matter-are-terrorist-puppets-but-its-not-enough/

Ubisoft apologises for Tom Clancy’s Elite Squad suggesting Black Lives Matter are terrorist puppets, but it’s not enough

Ubisoft appealing to their core Republican, far right and Conservative boomer and gammon gaming fanbase.

That can't be right, their games aren't political.

17 hours ago, magic sign said:

I think he's been binned already. I rarely post, here, but good riddance.

Why would I conceivably be banned for suggesting someone might have acted in self-defence? It's pretty obvious what this bampot Marxist indy Scotland you all dream of will be like! Clearly any un-woke opinions will result in banishment to a forced labour camp on St. Kilda.