George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

52 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Here's another one:

Is this seriously the defence the right-wing are making? Joseph Rosenbaum had previously been punished for a crime, ergo it's no big deal he was murdered in cold blood. And "antagonizing the militia types." Really? Fucking really?

Is this seriously the defence the right-wing are making? Joseph Rosenbaum had previously been punished for a crime, ergo it's no big deal he was murdered in cold blood. And "antagonizing the militia types." Really? Fucking really?

It's what they always do. Remember not complying with the police means it's perfectly justified when they shoot you 7 times in the back.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

It's what they always do. Remember not complying with the police means it's perfectly justified when they shoot you 7 times in the back.

Yep, and I've made this point before.

Step 1: Dig into the victim's past to find anything bad he's done.
"He had a conviction for marijuana possession. Hardly the innocent teenager the left are making him out to be."

Step 2: Look for ways to justify the actions of the murderer.
"He didn't just meekly accept the abuse like a good n**** should."

Therefore, it's his own fault he's dead. Case closed.

21 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I don't consider myself left or right. I like to judge these things based on the facts alone.

So far the narrative appears to be:

1) The kid is hanging about with a militia, ostensibly protecting property and upholding the law, armed with an assault rifle and carrying a first aid kit.

2) He extinguishes a fire lit by the protesters, who then verbally abuse him, and then an altercation occurs where he runs and is chased and the first person is shot.

3) The second incident is recorded, and I suggest anybody interested watches the footage. It's all over Twitter. It shows the perpetrator being chased by several people, get hit with a skateboard and stumble and fall to the ground. He fires about three shots, and is actually pretty calm given the circumstances. 

I think the fact Rosenbaum was a paedophile and was acting aggressively doesn't, of course, justify his death. However it does testify to his unsavoury character.  

There's lots of other footage of other incidents that occurred that night to:

I don't consider myself left or right. I like to judge these things based on the facts alone.
1) The kid is hanging about with a militia, ostensibly protecting property and upholding the law, armed with an assault rifle and carrying a first aid kit.
2) He extinguishes a fire lit by the protesters, who then verbally abuse him, and then an altercation occurs where he runs and is chased and the first person is shot.
3) The second incident is recorded, and I suggest anybody interested watches the footage. It's all over Twitter. It shows the perpetrator being chased by several people, get hit with a skateboard and stumble and fall to the ground. He fires about three shots, and is actually pretty calm given the circumstances. 
I think the fact Rosenbaum was a paedophile and was acting aggressively doesn't, of course, justify his death. However it does testify to his unsavoury character.  

A dreadful post. A dreadful interpretation of events.

17 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

What an incredibly hard, edgy and cool guy you are.

29 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Ah, OK. Just to humour me, can you show us any posts you've made where you've gone to this length to justify the murder of a police officer by a protester? Any at all?

Aw, bless him. The puir wee thauthage. You're absolutely right. He's the true victim here.

It doesn't justify his death but you've keep bringing it up to show he was an unsavoury character because...why? WTF has that got to do with anything?

I'm willing to bet if you put the same effort into investigating the backgrounds of the self-proclaimed "militia" you'll find a number of unsavoury characters there too. But if someone had driven 400 miles to confront them and then murdered two with an assault-style rifle, are you expecting us to believe you'd defend that killer as vehemently? 

ETA: Also, I like the way you refer to "his death" as if it was a heart attack or some other natural cause. He was murdered by an unhinged fascist lunatic with an assault-style rifle. 

Edited by Shotgun

3 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

What's the truth in where the shooter came from? The guy in the Youtube video said 30 minute's drive, now it's 400 miles. Does he have a really fast car?

It is about 30 minutes drive from Antioch to Kenosha. They’re pretty much either side of the IL/WI border.

Edited by carpetmonster

9 hours ago, ali_91 said:

You’ve laid out the officers version of events regarding Jacob Blake and presented it as fact. Absolutely no surprise to see you pushing a ‘he deserved it’ agenda though, at least you’re consistent.

Kudos for the attempt to blame those against indiscriminate shooting of black men for the racists in America though, looking forward to the ‘it’s the anti fascists that are the real fascists!!!,’ line in your next post. 

No. I laid out the events based on a couple of videos, transcripts and reports of the Jacob Blake incident, that I perused.
I have not pushed the 'he deserved it' agenda.  You are seeing what you want to see, not what is there.
Yes. I am consistent. I try to reduce all my predudice, remove feelings and look at facts.  Mmm. US police shoot black man. 'Bad racist shoot another innocent'. Ring any bells? Have you any idea what the police who fired the shots is like as a person. I don't.  Have YOU made assumptions?

"Kudos for the attempt to blame those against indiscriminate shooting of black men"    REALLY ?  I am blaming myself?       Given the evidence I have seen, I do not think this was 'an indiscriminate shooting'.  I am happy to change my mind if given more evidence. Are you? 

No. You won't hear that 'real facists' thing from me. (another assumption?)  I don't band the word 'fascist' about easily but, in my experience, those who shout about b1eing 'anti-fascist' and 'anti-nazi' are some of the least tolerant people I know.  I genuinely do not know any fascists or nazis, and neither would I want to, but if you stray from the very narrow path of these 'anti' people, they usually turn on you as a noisy crazed mob. (Google YouTube 'sjw').  And when did it become 'normal' to shout out you are 'anti-facist'? Is that not the norm? Did I miss something?  Do I now need to wear a badge declaring I am against rape? 

So, sorry to disappoint.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

A dreadful post. A dreadful interpretation of events.

1 hour ago, GAD said:

A guy travels hundreds of miles with a gun in order to pick a fight, murders two people when he gets there, and the P&B incels think we don't know who the real criminal is here?

He lived just across the state line, around 30 mins away. You clearly have done zero research, unlike me, and cannot even be bothered to try to conceal your ignorance and prejudice.