George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

5 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Well, as a wee thought experiment imagine if instead of there being black and white people in the USA there were just people who could or could not pronounce the word 'nuclear' correctly. Imagine that people who said 'nucular' were the ones involved in more crime - do you think the police would shoot them in the same sort of numbers?

Is widespread gun ownership a factor in how many police are shot? Absolutely. Are black people dispoportionate assailants in these cases? Yes. Does this mean there's something intrinsic to black people that makes them do this more than white people? Absolutely not.

Who said that there was

The reasons why an area's population had higher crime would be deep seated long running socioeconomic

But it could explain the police's disproportionate behaviour in those areas

1 hour ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Richard Pryor - That Nigger’s Crazy (1974)

Niggers v  Police 

Woah, were not allowed to say f**k or c**t or even "PM me ***" but the N word has no filter. Not that the above use is offensive but if that's not white privilege then I don't know what is.

7 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

fair do's. I thought you were implying it wasn't, was wrong.

In Canada 3 percent of the population, native indigenous peoples, make up 20 percent of the prison population

Are indigenous peoples inherently criminal, no

Why are tonnes of them in prison. Cause they're kind of fucked and similar to the Australian aboriginal people subject to some of saddest stories about

Will the police go onto reservations primed for discovering criminality far more than any other areas, undoubtedly and they'd be right

It's the same process in the states with black areas but over the border everyone is armed

Edited by Binos

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's also fine if they start chasing you after you threaten them with said assault rifle, as they are now the aggressor.

What it's always important to remember in criminal cases, is that the accused is INNOCENT until proven guilty, and the burden of proof is beyond reasonable doubt. I'm doubtful any jury will convict a man of murder, when he;'s being chased by a mob who were throwing things at him.

Interestingly one of the two killed was allegedly a paedo, which will make people sympathetic.

7 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Interestingly one of the two killed was allegedly a paedo

Source please. Additionally, did the killer know this when he shot him?

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

What it's always important to remember in criminal cases, is that the accused is INNOCENT until proven guilty, and the burden of proof is beyond reasonable doubt. I'm doubtful any jury will convict a man of murder, when he;'s being chased by a mob who were throwing things at him.

Interestingly one of the two killed was allegedly a paedo, which will make people sympathetic.

Interestingly, the hero with the assault rifle also likes to beat up girls. He's a hero though.

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

It’s absolutely mind boggling to me anybody can watch what happened, hear the circumstances of what he was doing there, and come to the conclusion he’s a hero who has been hard done to.

Pretty disgusting.

Pretty much. I don't think he went with the intention of killing anyone, more that he thought he was the big man, and suddenly found himself well out of his depth and panicked.

I can't believe the number of people trying to defend him as "a member of a militia" rather than questioning the utter fucking lunacy that their constitution allows this sort of shit.

16 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

It’s absolutely mind boggling to me anybody can watch what happened, hear the circumstances of what he was doing there, and come to the conclusion he’s a hero who has been hard done to.

Pretty disgusting.

Are you in possession of all the facts? Facts can and often are distorted to portray a false narrative. Do you remember George Zimmerman? The 'white man' who allegedly killed an unarmed black teen? Or the Covington school boys? The latter were actually subjected to racial abuse if you watch the video. But both parties were portrayed by the media to be wicked, using selectively edited recordings.

If I was to select certain facts, I could say this was a case of a child acting in self defence after he was pursued by a paedophile. 

Edited by Sinner-to-Saint

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Seems the FBI use different definitions of who counts as a law enforcement officer, this one counts it as 687000 and rising in 2018. The problem is there are so many separate policing bodies in the US. And the population figure I get is 328 million, so actually one cop for 477 people. But then they have another 450,000 in the National Guard to back them up, which would give a figure of one cop for every 288 citizens.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/191694/number-of-law-enforcement-officers-in-the-us/

The national guard is the same as the TA

Unless you're going to count the TA as police here?

Just now, Binos said:

The national guard is the same as the TA

Unless you're going to count the TA as police here?

Can't remember the TA ever getting sent in to control a demonstration/riot/miner's strike. 

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Can't remember the TA ever getting sent in to control a demonstration/riot/miner's strike. 

It'll have to be a helluva crisis before sending in a bunch of fat, unfit, alcoholic blowhards will help.