George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

There's an interview with him. The guy is clearly a moron but I doubt his intentions were any different from the 100s of other armed morons who didn't kill anyone.

He'll probably spend the rest of his life in prison.

Any other apologies you want to make for this arsehole?

Just now, JMDP said:

f**k sake, H_B. Loathsome. 

The guy who's arm he shot off was running towards him holding a pistol.

The second guy he killed had just smacked a skateboard over his skull.

The first guy he killed had chased him and thrown a Molotov cocktail at him.

Why would you try to fight someone with an AR-15?

12 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The guy who's arm he shot off was running towards him holding a pistol.

The second guy he killed had just smacked a skateboard over his skull.

The first guy he killed had chased him and thrown a Molotov cocktail at him.

Why would you try to fight someone with an AR-15?

If the guy with the AR15 had been muslimy and threatening people, the people taking him on with a skateboard and a handgun would have been called heroes. Where are you getting your timeline from? Do you know if he had already shot at people?

Edited by welshbairn

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If the guy with the AR15 had been muslimy and threatening people, and the people taking him on with a skateboard and a handgun had been white, they would have been called heroes. Where are you getting your timeline from? Do you know if he had already shot at people?

There are videos of both incidents and a video of an altercation between the BLM people and the vigilante group.

The white bald guy in this video shouting at people to shoot him was the first victim shortly after this video was taken.

1 minute ago, MixuFruit said:

Because they've got an AR-15?

If you have been conditioned by video games, movies and TV to think that bullets are harmless then that is a possible reason.

Anyone with any sense would see someone with a gun and head in the opposite direction. The argument video is insightful. The protesters know that the vigilantes don't want to risk ending up in jail so don't have any fear of the guns. The red shirt guy gets carried away and chases the shooter which leads to him being scared enough to pull the trigger. Flight then fight.

1 minute ago, MixuFruit said:

This argument doesn't really hold up to what happened though does it

What do you think happened?

The red shirt guy chases the shooter. Either he has a death wish or more likely he thinks the chubby kid won't pull the trigger. The shooter runs away, is chased then shoots. 

The police who shot an unarmed black guy 7 times in the back 2 days ago handed the underager with an assault rifle a bottle of water, and then allegedly drove the protesters towards the vigilantes. Detournement getting on the alt right side of history.

The same police then let an active shooter walk past them and drive home.

Edited by Johnstoun

2 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Well, the rioters did chase and attack him. They were rioting because police shot a man so, and I accept I'm making a bit of an intellectual leap here, but I'd imagine they knew fine well bullets aren't harmless.

And if we're going to balance the relative sense of the guy with the rifle and the protesters, I have to say if I didn't want to put myself into a situation where I might end up killing someone with a gun, I would simply not travel to a town I'm not from and act provocatively in front of a group of protesters. He shot someone because he made the decision to travel there with a gun, made the decision to point the gun at people, made the decisions to pull the trigger, not because he was scared.

He wouldn't have ran away at first if he wasn't scared.

The 17 year old obviously had his mind poisoned by right wing culture. But you can't say that the three guys who got shot made smart decisions.