George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

2 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

If it was relevant to the report and after the watershed, yes.

But what if, say, it had been said at 10:33 in the morning?

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

But what if, say, it had been said at 10:33 in the morning?

I don't think the time of day is the main point of discussion here. The point of discussion is the use of the N-word.

I think it's perfectly valid in demonstrating the nature of the incident.

Similarly, if it had been a sectarian attack and the assailant had said '****** c**t', that would also be fair game for news reporting.

Just now, JTS98 said:

I don't think the time of day is the main point of discussion here. The point of discussion is the use of the N-word.

I think it's perfectly valid in demonstrating the nature of the incident.

Similarly, if it had been a sectarian attack and the assailant had said '****** c**t', that would also be fair game for news reporting.

But it's a swear word, as well as a racist one.

If the victim had been called a "black c**t" in the attack, would the BBC reporter have been correct to say that at half past ten in the morning? Wouldn't that be perfectly valid in demonstrating the nature of the incident?

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

But it's a swear word, as well as a racist one.

If the victim had been called a "black c**t" in the attack, would the BBC reporter have been correct to say that at half past ten in the morning? Wouldn't that be perfectly valid in demonstrating the nature of the incident?

I wouldn't have a problem with it. At that point it becomes a discussion about the use of profanity rather than racist language. It's a different discussion.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Not starting one? Cowardly in the extreme.

You're weird. This imaginary poll is your creation. Why would I (or anybody else of sane mind) have any interest in it?

Banter to see JTS stamping his feet and wailing "answer this" to his nonsense questions after his opening salvo that he still didn't account for.

Imagine having the take that rappers use the N-word for money, some amount of arrogance there. Just a hint of racism in brandishing all rappers the same as well. I take it the two examples I posted by Wretch 32 and Akala earlier were for money? 

Edited by JMDP

6 hours ago, JMDP said:

Banter to see JTS stamping his feet and wailing "answer this" to his nonsense questions after his opening salvo that he still didn't account for.

Imagine having the take that rappers use the N-word for money, some amount of arrogance there. Just a hint of racism in brandishing all rappers the same as well. I take it the two examples I posted by Wretch 32 and Akala earlier were for money? 

You have no idea what you are talking about.

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

Seems a fairly uncontroversial post Throbbs, what part do you disagree with? 

We entered a dotting war yesterday and I decided to turn it up a notch today by firing the first verbal shot.