George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

How exactly would you get the impression that Dawn was driving? It's very clear she's sat in the passenger seat.
Just seeing here talking about this. She mentioned that the guy driving was black. Didnt I see a pic earlier on of a white guy driving?

4 minutes ago, placidcasual said:
8 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:
Saw them last year at Gods of Rap tour, RZA granted permission for us all to have a pass on the word for that night only.
Honestly a true story.

So did I, I'm still raging at half of PE not turning up.

Aye, those boys in the camo dancing just werent doing it for me. DJ Lord was pretty fucking amazing tho! 

Was chuffed to finally see DJ Premiere too! All the merch was pretty guff I thought but got a GangStarr tshirt and oh how I love it. Was about to buy a pair of GangStarr socks but they were like 30£ iirc, had to have a wee word with myself. 

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

Well done on getting through a post without telling black people what they can and cannot call racism. Nice one. 

Black people have as much right to a view on racism as anyone else. But it is appallingly poor thinking to draw the line at 'a black person said this about racism so we must accept it'.

Do you believe that a white person can never legitimately disagree with a black person over racism?

Do all black people have the same opinion? What about back people who think the BBC were right? Do you always deny yourself the right to hold an independent view on topics that may immediately affect someone more than you?

Should the BBC have told the family that wanted the word printed that they would asterix it, or something to that degree? It certainly feels like they could have (and I don't know if they did) make very sure about printing this before they did due to the potential backlash. 

Just seeing here talking about this. She mentioned that the guy driving was black. Didnt I see a pic earlier on of a white guy driving?
It was definitely a black guy driving, despite claims to the contrary on social media.
Should the BBC have told the family that wanted the word printed that they would asterix it, or something to that degree? It certainly feels like they could have (and I don't know if they did) make very sure about printing this before they did due to the potential backlash. 

This was the key to the story for me.

The victim's family wanted the full horror to be shown. But the bbc should've had a clear cut rule on this, and that should've been followed.

It seems we're getting quite close to the 'if they're allowed to say it, then why can't I ?' line being brought out.

By whom?

Some of you boys seem desperate for people to say something offensive here. Calm doon.

3 hours ago, ali_91 said:

White people cannot decide what is offensive to black people, no. I didn’t know if it was acceptable for the BBC to use the word in their reporting, although I thought it was a strange thing to broadcast and had the potential to cause backlash. 

The response from those who the word effects, culminating in a prominent black employee feeling he had no option other than to quite his job, shows me that it was unacceptable for the BBC to broadcast this, and the fact that they have now issued an apology speaks volumes. 

This post is a white man telling the black community what battles they can and cannot fight. 

So, you chose not to answer my questions.

I'll repeat them for you.

Do you believe that a white person can never legitimately disagree with a black person over racism?

Do all black people have the same opinion? What about back people who think the BBC were right? Do you always deny yourself the right to hold an independent view on topics that may immediately affect someone more than you?

I'd appreciate it if you'd just answer the questions as asked.

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

I'll repeat my questions for you again, you seem to have missed them twice. I'm just trying to clarify your stance.

3 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

You’re such a bore, the questions were answered in the context of the discussion we were having. Grow up. 

You can call me a bore if you like. But it would be better (and more honest) if you'd just answer the questions.

I'm starting to think you can't. And I don't see them answered anywhere on this thread. Perhaps you can point me to where?

Let's try again.

Edited by JTS98

30 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Can you provide some legitimate disagreements that white people could have with black people over racism ?

1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Can you provide some legitimate disagreements that white people could have with black people over racism ?

Of course I can.

Would you like to answer one of the questions that @ali_91 is ducking?

1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Go on then.

If you'd be polite enough to answer my question (which was posed first) then I'll answer yours.

It's important in the context of the black BBC employee resigning.

Hi @Marshmallo

Instead of just taking the coward's red dotting approach, perhaps you'd like to actually engage in a grown-up converasation and answer my questions that @ali_91 is dodging?

2 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

If you'd be polite enough to answer my question (which was posed first) then I'll answer yours.

It's important in the context of the black BBC employee resigning.

If you would be so kind as to provide some examples, then I would be able to carefully consider if they were indeed 'legitimate', or not.

This is fun.

Just now, JTS98 said:

Hi @Marshmallo

Instead of just taking the coward's red dotting approach, perhaps you'd like to actually engage in a grown-up converasation and answer my questions that @ali_91 is dodging?

Respectively

OK

No

No

What about them?

No, but I will listen to their point of view and give it a hell of a lot more weight than my own largely irrelevant opinion

And don't ever call me a coward again you RAT