George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

Just now, NewBornBairn said:

But they aired the audio

But Neeson isn't a BBC employee.

For this to be an equivalence, you would have to have a BBC employee repeat the term. Did that happen?

37 minutes ago, Gaz said:

But Neeson isn't a BBC employee.

For this to be an equivalence, you would have to have a BBC employee repeat the term. Did that happen?

I don't give a toss enough to make this a hill to die on tbh. The BBC have now apologised for reporting the facts without censorship, normal service will resume with sanitised reports where no one's fi-fis get hurt. 

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

So eerily accurate for something that was filmed 2000 years ago. Almost as impressive as the pyramids. 

The blasphemer reminded me of this guy, he's had a hard life for an immortal.

If the person had been called a "black b*****d" and the family wanted that to be highlighted, should the BBC have repeated it?
Aye, fair point. I hadn't thought about the 'swearing' element of it.

The fact that the bbc have apologised after initially standing by the report is a sign of a pretty big f**k up. I'd have thought the editorial levels of management would've been well-drilled on their rules here. But it's like they've made it up as they go along.

Shouts to the Met today for another cracking job of targeting prominent black women, they must be playing PR chicken.
Cressida dick surely has to go now.

Playing the 'nothing to see here' card is not going to cut it when it's happening so often. Fortunately for her the home secretary is a rabid right winger who doesn't give a f**k about structural racism.

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Cressida dick surely has to go now.

She was promoted despite being in charge of the murder of Jean Charles de Menezes so I don't hold out much hope of her getting punted for this. 

Said this before but regardless of all the pressure, police officers are still going to have superiors leaning in their ear at their morning briefings saying "black people commit more crimes". This is top level IMO isnt ever going away, especially under a racist government

Just wondering why people think its racist for police to stop a car being driven by what is reported as being a white guy? 
Also been shown that the footage has been edited either by DBB or media to give the appearance Butler was driving when she wasnt, quite disingenuous. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

3 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Centrist ‘reasonableness,’ is so complicit in the racist society we currently live in.

Absolute shambles from the usual suspects on this thread. 

Is ' centrist' a new word you've recently learned and are keen to show off?

You don't seem to know what it means.

7 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Just wondering why people think its racist for police to stop a car being driven by what is reported as being a white guy? 
Also been shown that the footage has been edited either by DBB or media to give the appearance Butler was driving when she wasnt, quite disingenuous. 

It’s a very serious accusation and I hope the incident is fully investigated.

21 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I find it hard to believe that people are still struggling with this. I've got a couple of disabled mates who call each other cripples in the way that we call each other c***s in a jovial way. They be rightfully furious if a fully abled person called either of them cripples. It's not rocket science. Black people using "n*****" is sarcastically laughing at racism, white people using it is racist pure and simple.

I think your disabled friends would have a better time in life if they didn’t call each other that at all tbqh. 

How exactly would you get the impression that Dawn was driving? It's very clear she's sat in the passenger seat.