George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

I'm not racist but so is my girlfriend.

He added: "My employer, the club and so many other people have completely overreacted to what's happened."

The sacking comes as Hepple's girlfriend Megan Rambadt was also dismissed by her employer Solace Foot Health and Reflexology over alleged racist posts.

To be honest, was the plane stunt racist? I don’t necessarily think so. Yes it is rather thick in the current climate and he has completely missed the whole point of the movement.

If he had made a banner saying “f**k black lives” or something similar then yes it absolutely would be racist.

I dont really think it should mean that the guy should lose his job and ruin his life. It seems his work have probably bowed to public pressure. They could have easily just offered to educate him and show him why his stunt was misguided

Hepple told MailOnline: "I'm not racist. I know people are trying to make out to be one but I'm not. I've got lots of black and Asian friends and this banner was actually inspired by the Black Lives Movement.

"We were not trying to offend the movement or black people.

"I believe that it's also important to acknowledge that white lives matter too. That's all we were trying to say

I guess he wasn’t doing it to make some convoluted point about “grooming gangs” in Burnley after all. Who would have seen that one coming?

9 minutes ago, Aufc said:

To be honest, was the plane stunt racist? I don’t necessarily think so. Yes it is rather thick in the current climate and he has completely missed the whole point of the movement.

If he had made a banner saying “f**k black lives” or something similar then yes it absolutely would be racist.

I dont really think it should mean that the guy should lose his job and ruin his life. It seems his work have probably bowed to public pressure. They could have easily just offered to educate him and show him why his stunt was misguided

Aye, poor misguided innocent boy, he meant well.

29931030-8448635-image-a-69_159286200857

29952080-8448635-In_2013_the_EDL_support

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

His bird’s employer tried that and it seems she wasn’t keen on being educated: 

It added: "Earlier we posted a statement saying we were willing to try and help Megan by paying for Intensive Racial Sensitivity training despite knowing that Solace's reputation would come into question.

"After several conversations with Megan tonight however we have all decided that what is best for Megan and best for Solace is to end her employment with immediate effect."

One of the NFL's teams is striking all references to their racist founder, and renaming the section of their stadium that currently bears his name after their first black player and HOFer.

It's a fantastic move. Guess which team?

Yip, the Washington Redskins, who still won't comment on the possibility of changing the team name to something more appropriate.

33 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

One of the NFL's teams is striking all references to their racist founder, and renaming the section of their stadium that currently bears his name after their first black player and HOFer.

Yip, the Washington Redskins, who still won't comment on the possibility of changing the team name to something more appropriate.

As ever, South Park said it best...

South Park Riffs On Startups, Kickstarter And Brilliantly Tackles ...

He probably would have been better not working for a company that supplies the aerospace industry and were probably looking at cuts anyway.

Also, maybe should have thought that a company that has Asian and Indian board members and appear quite multi cultural may take a dim view.

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

His bird’s employer tried that and it seems she wasn’t keen on being educated: 

It added: "Earlier we posted a statement saying we were willing to try and help Megan by paying for Intensive Racial Sensitivity training despite knowing that Solace's reputation would come into question.

"After several conversations with Megan tonight however we have all decided that what is best for Megan and best for Solace is to end her employment with immediate effect."

Nice of Solace to offer to send her to a re education camp though.

29 minutes ago, bennett said:

Nice of Solace to offer to send her to a re education camp though.

Nice of bennett to equate sitting in a conference room for a couple of hours being told how to be a decent human being to internment without trial.

Edited by The OP

3 hours ago, Aufc said:

At least he'll get a few bob from his payoff / tribuneral.

15 minutes ago, The OP said:

Nice of bennett to equate sitting in a conference room for a couple of hours being told how to be a decent human being to internment without trial.

Thank you.

Whilst not overtly racist, the connotations behind it are clearly racist. I cannot see an argument for that banner not being racist, and I’m slightly worried that you’ve come to the conclusion that it wasn’t racist. 

I would not want to work with someone like that and do think the plane stunt alone should have lost him his job, however he also has a whole history of being a racist dick, which means any doubts over whether the banner deserves a sacking on its own are irrelevant. 

B5323599-9EAD-4256-A783-6694FA7E30D9.thumb.png.9d99d845ef506aa5da30a17b9e45d30f.png
A2ECA291-7D40-4754-BD21-F48F4352ACA4.thumb.png.8528048422727ca833535fa2f8742e45.png
But... But... But, some of his best friends are black.

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

They are changing their name... to the DC Redskins.

Whilst not overtly racist, the connotations behind it are clearly racist. I cannot see an argument for that banner not being racist, and I’m slightly worried that you’ve come to the conclusion that it wasn’t racist. 

I would not want to work with someone like that and do think the plane stunt alone should have lost him his job, however he also has a whole history of being a racist dick, which means any doubts over whether the banner deserves a sacking on its own are irrelevant. 

B5323599-9EAD-4256-A783-6694FA7E30D9.thumb.png.9d99d845ef506aa5da30a17b9e45d30f.png
A2ECA291-7D40-4754-BD21-F48F4352ACA4.thumb.png.8528048422727ca833535fa2f8742e45.png

Obviously i didnt have sight over his other actions. I was really just looking at that one incident in isolation. He is clearly thick as shit though.