George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

1 minute ago, Lee Van Tee said:

I'm wondering whether to vandalise the Burns statue in Aye due to him helping manage a slave plantation in the West Indies.

Or maybe campaign against modern day slavery in Africa and the Middle East instead.

Let's face it, you'll do fuckall about either.

I'm wondering whether to vandalise the Burns statue in Aye due to him helping manage a slave plantation in the West Indies.
Or maybe campaign against modern day slavery in Africa and the Middle East instead.

Ok Lee. Do come back and let us know what you decide to do so that I can sleep tonight.

36 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

You'd be very wrong then. 

Aye that Stirlingshire afro Caribbean community is famously significant. Perhaps at the uni but I’d wager the vast majority of black people in Scotland live in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen and even then it’s a tiny proportion of the overall population.

1 minute ago, The OP said:

Aye that Stirlingshire afro Caribbean community is famously significant. Perhaps at the uni but I’d wager the vast majority of black people in Scotland live in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen and even then it’s a tiny proportion of the overall population.

Which has got f**k all to do with anything. There are plenty of black people live here, they're my neighbours and I pass them every day. You also make the assumption that only black people can be BLM activists, which is also wrong.

In one short post you managed to be wrong twice and now you're doubling up on it. Keep digging. 

3 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Which has got f**k all to do with anything. There are plenty of black people live here, they're my neighbours and I pass them every day. You also make the assumption that only black people can be BLM activists, which is also wrong.

In one short post you managed to be wrong twice and now you're doubling up on it. Keep digging. 

I’m not digging I’m being accurate. I have done my diversity training and Scottish people consistently overestimate the number of Muslims, black people etc.

I also didn’t make any assumptions, I made a joke about Rab the Bruce.

Edited by The OP

12 minutes ago, The OP said:

In Scotland, about 95-96% classed as 'white'.

Dunno about more specifics.

Just now, Mr Waldo said:

Yup. I live in what is probably the second most ethnically diverse part of the country after Pollokshields and it’s still not very ethnically diverse. No commentary is attached to this fact other than people perceive immigration to be far higher than it actually is for some reason.

7 minutes ago, Mr Waldo said:

15% of those are categorised as peely-wally.

Edited by welshbairn