George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

7 hours ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

I'm supposed to be 'out of here', but I feel rude by not responding to a direct question. So, just to make people aware, after this reply, I will not be posting in this thread for a few days. and will not reply to any questions.

Many of the nationalists I know, possibly the majority, are staunch republicans. Their reaction is likely to be "Meh! So what? He was a privileged king anyway. Who gives a f**k? We should be looking to the future Scotland - diverse, multicultural, equitable. Royalty sucks! I'd be quite happy if it was pulled down. The Bruce has nothing to do with the sort of nationalism I support or the Scotland I envisage! Let's build a workers' paradise." Some might even agree, given that he was racist against Saxons.

Other nationalists I know are more traditional. Aye, most of them are still pretty woke, but they also value Scotland's past. The majority cherish Scotland's past and share it with everybody. They value Scottish history, Gaelic, Scots, Burns. "We're all Jock Tamson's bairns." They'd probably be pretty annoyed by it.

In a nutshell, Scottish nationalism is mostly woke. Many supporters wouldn't condemn Black Lives Matter, and if the hoax were believed would refuse to condemn, and perhaps even justify, the graffiti. I hope that makes sense. 

Announcing your absence from an internet forum has to be one of the most tragic things an adult human being can do in 2020. 

4 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

I don't condone violence but well played good sir.

The gammon goes looking for a fight then I think it’s backtracking when he realises this guy can actually handle himself. Serves him right anyway, if you don’t want knocked out by a big hard as nails black guy then don’t march with the EDL pussies, I just wish he’d been in Hyde park when these hard men started on a group of women enjoying a picnic.

9 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

It’s a cut throat business this protesting malarkey apparently, left, right, all the same, c***s 

CD6E1DA9-5AE1-4D75-92CA-F81A4E256F2F.jpeg

Things that never happened thread for this..basically it never happened 

5 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Things that never happened thread for this..basically it never happened 

Police confirmed nobody was stabbed, although the thicko racists are claiming some had their throat slit.

8 hours ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

I'm supposed to be 'out of here', but I feel rude by not responding to a direct question. So, just to make people aware, after this reply, I will not be posting in this thread for a few days. and will not reply to any questions

Noted. I think Out of Office notifications should be an added feature. fyi, I will be travelling for the next couple of days with only limited access to P&B. 

8 hours ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

I'm supposed to be 'out of here', but I feel rude by not responding to a direct question. So, just to make people aware, after this reply, I will not be posting in this thread for a few days. and will not reply to any questions.

Many of the nationalists I know, possibly the majority, are staunch republicans. Their reaction is likely to be "Meh! So what? He was a privileged king anyway. Who gives a f**k? We should be looking to the future Scotland - diverse, multicultural, equitable. Royalty sucks! I'd be quite happy if it was pulled down. The Bruce has nothing to do with the sort of nationalism I support or the Scotland I envisage! Let's build a workers' paradise." Some might even agree, given that he was racist against Saxons.

Other nationalists I know are more traditional. Aye, most of them are still pretty woke, but they also value Scotland's past. The majority cherish Scotland's past and share it with everybody. They value Scottish history, Gaelic, Scots, Burns. "We're all Jock Tamson's bairns." They'd probably be pretty annoyed by it.

In a nutshell, Scottish nationalism is mostly woke. Many supporters wouldn't condemn Black Lives Matter, and if the hoax were believed would refuse to condemn, and perhaps even justify, the graffiti. I hope that makes sense. 

I can't take anybody who uses the word "woke" seriously.

1 minute ago, KingRocketman II said:

Noted. I think Out of Office notifications should be an added feature. fyi, I will be travelling for the next couple of days with only limited access to P&B. 

Absolutely right. I've worried myself sick when posters just disappear without a by your leave. It's selfish.

I thought these "football lads" and "patriots" were supposed to be tough guys? Once again it seems like they can't get out the house without getting their c***s kicked in. I mean, how can you protect a statue when you can't even protect yourself? Crying about it on Twitter days after warning all the BLM folks of the dire consequences that awaited them if they crossed these fine upstanding Englishmen is particularly embarrassing.

Manx Radio took Stu Peters off air after Wednesday's programme in which a black caller challenged him for writing "all lives matter" in an online forum.

"I've had no more privilege in my life than you have. I'm a white man, you're a black man," he told Jordan Maguire.

Manx Radio said it had referred the issue to the Communications Commission.

A radio presenter who questioned the issue of "white privilege" in relation to the Black Lives Matter protests has been suspended.

Quite right, we can't have people blatantly saying things like that. Maybe we should see the same thing done on this forum.