George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

Tommy Robinson isn’t even showing up to this riot on Saturday.

The video he made weaseling out of it, coked up to the eyeballs, is hilarious:

Crying shame, was looking forward to watching the videos of the bigoted wee shitebag being bodied all over the city.

4 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Ach, the Saltire will have to go eventually. It is Christian. We need a Year Zero, comrades. Let's wipe the slate clean and start again, with the focus on true equality and diversity.

Are you going to change your name again, Jeremiah? Your new one conflicts with your born again atheism.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Are you going to change your name again, Jeremiah? Your new one conflicts with your born again atheism.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I have changed my name since I have been on this site, though. I'm a Platinum Member, so that is a privilege I enjoy. 

Are you in favour of the cultural revolution, comrade?! ✊ You can only be in favour of equality and diversity or against it. There is no in between. Silence is violence!

2 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I have changed my name since I have been on this site, though. I'm a Platinum Member, so that is a privilege I enjoy. 

Are you in favour of the cultural revolution, comrade?! ✊ You can only be in favour of equality and diversity or against it. There is no in between. Silence is violence!

Silence would be a boon in your case. It would be good if you could refrain from posting quotes from lunatic Canadian antivaxxer sites too. You can think for yourself now that you've abandoned God! Bit radical a step just because a few people are marching though.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Wullie actually had a wee black pal in the early days, albeit drawn in the racist style of the day:

IMG_20200612_213810575.thumb.jpg.606a286021306a663a278f5868320332.jpg

The only black guy I remember in comics as a kid was Ball Boy's pal Benji. Probably drawn quite iffily iirc but he was the second best player after Ball Boy and so a dude 

Lord Snooty had a black pal. I don't recall if the pal had a name and I 'm pretty sure she never spoke. A cursory Google Image search suggests this character was dropped at some point.

Lord-Snooty1-e1426469156501.jpg

(I tried to see if I could fit a William Rees-Mogg joke in here but obviously, he's never had a black pal.) 

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

The pyramids aren't statues.

Or did you think the pharaohs were tetrahedrons?

Didn't realise it was only statues being brought down, thought anything made by slaves or reminding people of slaves were being brought down

2 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

(I tried to see if I could fit a William Rees-Mogg joke in here but obviously, he's never had a black pal.) 

More than likely had a fag at Eton toasting his muffins and being generally humiliated. Probably white though, maybe Boris.

I had a quick shufty at the Topple the Racists website and they have the Kitchener memorial in Orkney on their map. The justification is because Herbert Horatio fought against the Boers.

I think someone has taken the piss, the Boers weren't known for their tolerance towards the natives..

36 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Ach, the Saltire will have to go eventually. It is Christian. We need a Year Zero, comrades. Let's wipe the slate clean and start again, with the focus on true equality and diversity.

What about the all-inclusive "Anyone, Everyone" logo ??   We can all learn a lot from the the rangers in Scotland about how race, creed, ethnicity matter not one jot, don't you know

16 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I had a quick shufty at the Topple the Racists website and they have the Kitchener memorial in Orkney on their map. The justification is because Herbert Horatio fought against the Boers.

I think someone has taken the piss, the Boers weren't known for their tolerance towards the natives..

Inventing concentration camps might have had something to do with it. Black rations were much lower than Boer. They didn't even bother counting the deaths of blacks, 107,000 went in, nobody knows how many came out. The Boer figures are better documented, 25% died, 28,000.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

What about the all-inclusive "Anyone, Everyone" logo ??   We can all learn a lot from the the rangers in Scotland about how race, creed, ethnicity matter not one jot, don't you know

Both the Old Firm will have to go, obviously.

On 11/06/2020 at 13:46, AsimButtHitsASix said:

But, you're right, at no point in the history of the United Kingdom have landowners forced the displacement of people from their ancestral homes in Scotland nor have the three native languages of Scotland been made extinct (Norn), desecrated (Gaelic) or shunned (Scots) in favour of a language forced upon the nation for three hundred years by edict.

I didn't compare these to greater injustices faced by others, I explicitly said the opposite, but to pretend that Scotland has not been on the end of discrimination from a colonial power, however slight, is a nonsense. Our own colonial power does not deny this.

Scotland has never been subject to a colonial power in modern history.  The role of post-Reformation Scotland is that of colonisers, slavers and empire-builders par excellence.

The decline in the use of both Gaelic and Scots is due, in the former, to the indolence of the Gaels and, in the latter, to the utility of English as the language of the Scots-dominated Empire.  

There is no period in the history of modern Scotland that we were ever subject to societal racism.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Inventing concentration camps might have had something to do with it. Black rations were much lower than Boer. They didn't even bother counting the deaths.

While the British were pretty appalling it was the yanks who invented concentration camps in dealing with Native Americans 

#JohnWaynewasanasshole

18 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

While the British were pretty appalling it was the yanks who invented concentration camps in dealing with Native Americans 

#JohnWaynewasanasshole

Spanish had concentration camps in Cuba years before the Boer War too.

39 minutes ago, Gerald Elbowdent said:

Just your Neil Oliver there with a rambling mess of a video that swings from not wanting to take down slaver statues because there are child cobalt mining slaves in DR Congo , to equating the BLM movement with communist anarchists.

An unhinged mentalist

b*****do.