George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

Just now, NotThePars said:

A minute number of examples across a massive ongoing nationwide protest involving potentially millions of people doesn't show it as jumping the shark no matter how many times you claim it does.  😅

I’ve saw various clips from different places of “flash mob” style dances taking place at the protests. The intention of the cause started off as admirable, but I think now that’s been diluted by actions of the twats above and of course the “influencers” 

11 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Exactly the type of things that show this has now “jumped the shark”. 

10000 expected at a march in Edinburgh today, yet teams like my own can’t allow fans back to easily social distance on terraces until Oct at the earliest. Madness

Ayr United lives matter

3 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

I have never seen this level of protest for Palestinians - corporations have spoken out, it's been all over the news, politicians have condemned it and there have been riots and protests globally, at least in the Occident. Consider too that the policemen involved have been sacked and prosecuted.

The Chinese Communist Party are currently oppressing the people of Hong Kong, a former British territory, and putting Uighurs in 're-education' camps and yet I have heard very little condemnation, let alone volatile protests, which I find very odd.

They're probably not dark enough.

26 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Obviously I cannot presume to know the mind of the arresting officer, but I seriously doubt he intended to kill George Floyd. It's a common, but erroneous, belief that if a person can speak, then they can breathe. 

I think the cop is a bully and a thug, based upon what I have seen. However, there's evidence which suggests the knee on the neck technique is used by the police in the States as taught to them by the Israeli forces.

Why do you think he kept him like that until he was dead instead of cuffing him and chucking him in the back of the police car?

22 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’ve saw various clips from different places of “flash mob” style dances taking place at the protests. The intention of the cause started off as admirable, but I think now that’s been diluted by actions of the twats above and of course the “influencers” 

The "twats above" and the "influencers" are a minute part of these protests that you're choosing to focus on to claim that the "admirable" intentions of the cause have been detracted from. They only detract from them if you choose to give any weight to their opinions which given nobody else worth listening to has leads me to ask why you're using them as your excuse to withdraw their support.

45 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

I think the cop is a bully and a thug, based upon what I have seen. However, there's evidence which suggests the knee on the neck technique is used by the police in the States as taught to them by the Israeli forces. [1]

Um, this is the point of the nationwide protests. 

28 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

I have never seen this level of protest for Palestinians - corporations have spoken out, it's been all over the news, politicians have condemned it and there have been riots and protests globally, at least in the Occident. Consider too that the policemen involved have been sacked and prosecuted.

The Chinese Communist Party are currently oppressing the people of Hong Kong, a former British territory, and putting Uighurs in 're-education' camps and yet I have heard very little condemnation, let alone volatile protests, which I find very odd.

And I can't tell if your issue here is with corporations, Black Lives Matter, the left, the media or Western society in general.

39 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Exactly the type of things that show this has now “jumped the shark”. 

10000 expected at a march in Edinburgh today, yet teams like my own can’t allow fans back to easily social distance on terraces until Oct at the earliest. Madness

Madness has 7 members, they cannot all meet at the same time.

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

You don't understand, if it's ok for the Israeli army to use on Palestinians, it's surely ok for the Minneapolis police to use on Black Americans.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You don't understand, if it's ok for the Israeli army to use on Palestinians, it's surely ok for the Minneapolis police to use on Black Americans.

can't imagine why people are out chanting for abolishing the police when the policeman used a tactic he was trained in by another psychotic occupying force to murder a civilian.

I realise the cops have been a bit naughty and I certainly wouldn't condone it in normal circumstances, but when you have antifa shitting on decent American cars, what are they supposed to do?

53 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

And I can't tell if your issue here is with corporations, Black Lives Matter, the left, the media or Western society in general.

The protest's objective was to stop the Israeli forces teaching the knee on neck technique to US police officers?

3 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

If they really want to copy the Israeli attitude to black people they're going to need to start building concentration camps in the desert.

It's only been 75 years since the US had concentration camps for its own people.

That's assuming you discount the penal correction system, of course. And Guantanamo Bay. Also remember some politician talking about rounding up all the bums are putting them in camps; not sure how far they got with that, although the homeless population had increased exponentially last time I was back in Arizona. Penal correction does not sound like what it actually means.