George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

8 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

This guy grew up near where the KKK were still marching on 4th July parades in the 1990s unbelievably.

The wife remembers seeing Klan marches in downtown Phoenix when she was a wee girl in the '80s. The mother-in-law remembers having to stay with relatives when the Klan were marching, as their route would often pass her parents' house, and there was always the feeling that they'd get bored of just hurling abuse and bricks at anyone with a mezuzah by the door and go back to burning houses down.

7 hours ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

She's not the only one to have referenced black male genitalia, though:

386492802_BLM001.thumb.png.5bca1f21c327e276ee8e56f4bb761401.png

I'm not sure what this sort of thing is supposed to achieve? 

I'm appalled by his grammar.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Early on the guy mentions the police unions.  These seem to be amongst the most reactionary groups in this shitshow.

’Our members right or wrong’ is not a reasonable or sustainable position to take when people’s civil liberties are being destroyed and minorities are dying unlawfully at the hands of these members.

Isn't a union's raison d'etre to defend it's members, as well as campaign for better pay and conditions? Are you suggesting the union should renege on their contract? I think their duty to him would at least be to provide him with a decent defence team. Obviously I cannot presume to know the mind of the arresting officer, but I seriously doubt he intended to kill George Floyd. It's a common, but erroneous, belief that if a person can speak, then they can breathe. 

I think the cop is a bully and a thug, based upon what I have seen. However, there's evidence which suggests the knee on the neck technique is used by the police in the States as taught to them by the Israeli forces. [1]

[1] https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article/minnesota-cops-trained-israeli-forces-restraint-techniques

https://www.trtworld.com/magazine/the-knee-on-neck-long-a-staple-of-israel-s-occupation-of-palestine-36787

4 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Isn't a union's raison d'etre to defend it's members, as well as campaign for better pay and conditions? Are you suggesting the union should renege on their contract? I think their duty to him would at least be to provide him with a decent defence team

The Police Union President in question is a real piece of work, way beyond just looking after his members.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Kroll_(police_officer)#:~:text=Lieutenant Robert J. "Bob",the union for the MPD.

10 hours ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

I couldn't imagine stuff like this being tolerated in the 1980s. 💩 Can it actually get any more degenerate? I suppose one of the Pussy Riot members stuck a frozen chicken up their vagina, but I'm not sure that's any lower that defecating on a police car...

Exactly the type of things that show this has now “jumped the shark”. 

10000 expected at a march in Edinburgh today, yet teams like my own can’t allow fans back to easily social distance on terraces until Oct at the earliest. Madness

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

10000 expected at a march in Edinburgh today, yet teams like my own can’t allow fans back to easily social distance on terraces until Oct at the earliest. Madness

A minute number of examples across a massive ongoing nationwide protest involving potentially millions of people doesn't show it as jumping the shark no matter how many times you claim it does.  😅

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

A minute number of examples across a massive ongoing nationwide protest involving potentially millions of people doesn't show it as jumping the shark no matter how many times you claim it does.  😅

But the fitba'...

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

You two have zero sense of humour and probably tiny penises.

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Black Lives Matter, and the left in general, are famously indifferent to Palestinian oppression of course.

I have never seen this level of protest for Palestinians - corporations have spoken out, it's been all over the news, politicians have condemned it and there have been riots and protests globally, at least in the Occident. Consider too that the policemen involved have been sacked and prosecuted.

The Chinese Communist Party are currently oppressing the people of Hong Kong, a former British territory, and putting Uighurs in 're-education' camps and yet I have heard very little condemnation, let alone volatile protests, which I find very odd.