George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Even if it wasn't official, what's the harm?

Just what in the f**k are these scum playing at?

What sort of a person do you need to be to act like that? I can't fathom it.

It's been reported that people have been throwing bottles of frozen water at the police. Maybe they're seeing them as weapons?

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:
1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:
Should a black police officer be treated differently than a white one then?

Bennett's trolling here is genuinely embarrassing.

Oh God,  I'm sorry. I never realised it was a clique thread.

1 hour ago, Bohemian said:

Antifa, a great bunch of lads...

Face lacerations, maybe a broken bone or 2 and a possible concussion. Easy 4 -6 hours in an American hospital. $500,000 bill in the mail, $650,000 if he went in an ambulance. 

9 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

Face lacerations, maybe a broken bone or 2 and a possible concussion. Easy 4 -6 hours in an American hospital. $500,000 bill in the mail, $650,000 if he went in an ambulance. 

Even better if he didn't get up..

Was reading the thread it was posted on twitter.. apparently he was abusing some elderly black women amongst others on a bus, someone alerted Antifa group in the area, he was followed and this is the end result...

Its Twitter so ya know, pinch of salt and all that ha.

Edited by Bohemian

12 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

The internet decided that Karens are supposed to be bitches, right? The wife and I always give each other a quick look when we meet one, as a disproportionate number of the girls of easy virtue we've known have been called Karen.

Daves are excessively boring. There's no point denying it. Pick any Dave you can think of, and I guarantee they have a boring nerdy hobby that they would just love to tell you about, whether you're listening or not. PM me for more about my love of scale modelling.

Disturbing insight into Mr & Mrs BigFatTabby's predilections. Assume Scale Modelling is a euphemism for something sordid. 

14 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

The Daily Mail blasts the UK's racism problem out an airhorn on every page every day

"Foreigners coming over here, taking our jobs and benefits" is not the UK's problem.

People who read and believe the Mail's bullshit are.

3 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

Disturbing insight into Mr & Mrs BigFatTabby's predilections. Assume Scale Modelling is a euphemism for something sordid. 

I'm with BFTD here - one of the upsides of lockdown (in the brief period when I was wfh) ws to survey my stash of unbuilt kits, re-organise my workbench, check supplies of paint, glues, etc. and think, smugly, "Months stuck at home, with no social interaction? Pfft, we've trained for this."

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Maybe I’ve watched too many Twitter clips but American police are beginnIng to look less like a police force and more like some kind of rogue army force. Seeing everything they are doing is like watching a film and we are just waiting for the superhero to come along and take them out.

If you think the social unrest is bad just now, wait until the 4 cops are eventually acquitted. 

I doubt it tbf, Derek Chauvin’s murder charge has been bumped up to 2nd degree from 3rd.

6 hours ago, Bohemian said:

Even better if he didn't get up..

Was reading the thread it was posted on twitter.. apparently he was abusing some elderly black women amongst others on a bus, someone alerted Antifa group in the area, he was followed and this is the end result...

Its Twitter so ya know, pinch of salt and all that ha.

Is there a special Antifa signal? Like the batphone or the bat searchlight?

7 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

I doubt it tbf, Derek Chauvin’s murder charge has been bumped up to 2nd degree from 3rd.

Bit of a quandary for the authorities in Minnesota. If Chauvin is (rightly) found guilty, you're going to have the same vermin white supremacists who were carrying torches in Charlottesville protesting and probably turning up at town halls with rifles again. Anything short of a murder conviction/fucking long sentence and cities will burn. 

Edited by Day of the Lords

18 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Surely the evidence against them is pretty damming, at least for Chauvin's ? I mean the whole thing is on video . perhaps his lawyer will recommend him to take a plea deal and avoid  A going to jail for 25+ years & B any more attention being drawn to him as even when he gets out his life will never ever be normal.

can't see how it will work standing up in court and trying to justify such force against a man who was not accused of a violent offence , I saw the footage of him being arrested and taken to the police car . I recon it could turn out that Floyd had said something Chauvin didn't like ( he might have also had a few beers going by the way he was walking towards to car , but he certainly wasn't out of it steaming )  on the walk over to the car to which Chauvin has went fucking mental at and started giving him a doing to which he " resisted" . this will either be on their bodycam or they will have turned them off. in either case the evidence isjust stacked against them  incl the others who stood and done f**k all, it might turn out that Chauvin is the station bully that no one stands up to, who knows . but I just can't see him in particular getting off, perhaps the others might avoid jail but not a criminal record

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

8 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I mean the head of the police union in Minneapolis is an open white supremacist so that's hardly any different to the status quo is it?

Seems to me that the police in America need to be deba'athified, which I'm sure Joe Biden will push for seriousl-ahahahahaha sorry I can't finish that sentence.

I thought Biden was a bumbling nobody but I was quite impressed with this  (don't know where I saw it, apologies if it was here and I'm re-posting)

Surely the evidence against them is pretty damming, at least for Chauvin's ? I mean the whole thing is on video . perhaps his lawyer will recommend him to take a plea deal and avoid  A going to jail for 25+ years & B any more attention being drawn to him as even when he gets out his life will never ever be normal.
can't see how it will work standing up in court and trying to justify such force against a man who was not accused of a violent offence , I saw the footage of him being arrested and taken to the police car . I recon it could turn out that Floyd had said something Chauvin didn't like ( he might have also had a few beers going by the way he was walking towards to car , but he certainly wasn't out of it steaming )  on the walk over to the car to which Chauvin has went fucking mental at and started giving him a doing to which he " resisted" . this will either be on their bodycam or they will have turned them off. in either case the evidence isjust stacked against them  incl the others who stood and done f**k all, it might turn out that Chauvin is the station bully that no one stands up to, who knows . but I just can't see him in particular getting off, perhaps the others might avoid jail but not a criminal record

2nd degree murder has a maximum of 40 years, if he’s doing any sort of plea deal it’ll be a minimum of 20 he’s doing if he’s found guilty I reckon.

6 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

All they need is for a couple of plod's mates to swear they heard the boy saying "allah u akbar" and the cop will get let off and given a medal. 

7 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

2nd degree murder has a maximum of 40 years, if he’s doing any sort of plea deal it’ll be a minimum of 20 he’s doing if he’s found guilty I reckon.

Probably aye, but i strongly suspect it'll be served by way of a couple of years in a state prison (very well protected) then he'll be transferred to the equivalent of an open prison, and probably paroled after 10-15 years tops. No way will the authorities risk a cop (even a convicted, fired one) being killed in a penitentiary.