George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

57 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

this really is nuts

Something vaguely similar actually happened to me where me and a mate were standing outside a shitty local nightclub on Christmas Eve having a fag and the police rolled up and yelled at us to get up against the wall. We’re like “sorry what?” and one of them pulls out a flick stick and starts swinging it at us (not connecting) until the bouncers explained it wasn’t us they called about and whoever did whatever it was had scarpered. Was quite surreal.

Thankfully the rioting and looting seems to be mostly over in Minneapolis.

Although there was a long list of businesses with damage done.
https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/a-list-of-the-buildings-damaged-looted-in-minneapolis-and-st-paul

And as a result people came out to offer food to people who were affected.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/us/iyw-minneapolis-donates-groceries-trnd/index.html

4 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Was he our of breath after jumping on the most recent bandwagon?

If showing support for any cause is virtue signalling or bandwagon jumping, how does anyone ever support anything in a way that idiots who use these terms see as meaningful?

The BLM movement have absolutely no way of protesting that is heard by the authorities and that murders by law enforcement are so poorly punished. They need to get as much vocal public support as is possible, to show that people DO care and that the authorities need to do more to tackle institutional racism.

if some people use it to make themselves look virtuous or promote themselves so fucking what? They are still supporting the cause and making a clear statement that they care about this. We all need to show we care about this because having the police murdering black people is a fucking atrocity. 

Edited by Jambomo

A wee aside about Police violence and incompetence. My wife's first husband was a thief - stole anything and everything that wasn't nailed down. Cars, motorbikes, burglaries, shoplifting, kids bikes - a complete thieving b*****d and well known to the Dundee police because he wasn't very good at it. Anyway, him and his mate robbed a Post Office. His mate got caught running away and he duly grassed so the cops showed up at my wife's house and dragged her man away. 6 hours later, they brought him back and he'd had the shit kicked out of him. They wanted to know where the money was and the four of them leathered him as he "assisted with their enquiries". They turned the house upside down and wrecked the place, even ripping the plasterboard off the walls. Eventually they gave up looking and took him back to Bell St.

My wife was left in tears in the wreckage but started to clear up. As she tidied the bedroom, she went to make the bed and discovered - a pile of banknotes under the mattress. About a grand. The stupid bloody polis hadn't checked under the mattress for hidden money.

Polis aren't particularly bright but Dundee polis are damn near American. 

14 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

A wee aside about Police violence and incompetence. My wife's first husband was a thief - stole anything and everything that wasn't nailed down. Cars, motorbikes, burglaries, shoplifting, kids bikes - a complete thieving b*****d and well known to the Dundee police because he wasn't very good at it. Anyway, him and his mate robbed a Post Office. His mate got caught running away and he duly grassed so the cops showed up at my wife's house and dragged her man away. 6 hours later, they brought him back and he'd had the shit kicked out of him. They wanted to know where the money was and the four of them leathered him as he "assisted with their enquiries". They turned the house upside down and wrecked the place, even ripping the plasterboard off the walls. Eventually they gave up looking and took him back to Bell St.

My wife was left in tears in the wreckage but started to clear up. As she tidied the bedroom, she went to make the bed and discovered - a pile of banknotes under the mattress. About a grand. The stupid bloody polis hadn't checked under the mattress for hidden money.

20200603_055411.jpg.f0d13def8868a95bb7fac8eaefeb4527.jpg

IIRC one of the gun lobby's arguments is that the people's right to bear arms is a constitutional protection against federal government tyranny. Now that there is an actual government putting the military on the streets, when will we see 2nd amendment enthusiasts providing armed protection for their fellow citizens who are exercising their 1st amendment rights?

7 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

What did she spend it on?

7 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

16 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What did she spend it on?

Plasterboard.

1 hour ago, Arabdownunder said:

IIRC one of the gun lobby's arguments is that the people's right to bear arms is a constitutional protection against federal government tyranny. Now that there is an actual government putting the military on the streets, when will we see 2nd amendment enthusiasts providing armed protection for their fellow citizens who are exercising their 1st amendment rights?

Touché.

The 2nd amendment nut jobs probably hate the protesters and love the National Guard cracking some Lib heads.

8 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

A wee aside about Police violence and incompetence. My wife's first husband was a thief - stole anything and everything that wasn't nailed down. Cars, motorbikes, burglaries, shoplifting, kids bikes - a complete thieving b*****d

8958012A-FC68-4187-8D44-897F5D241C0B.jpeg

1 hour ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

You can't beat a bit of anarchy, until it comes through windows....

8 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The Frogs getting in on the action for the hell of it.

Like the frogs need an excuse to riot.