George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

15 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

This would be comparable if Granny had a picture of Putin and regularly lauded his artistic talents.

He doesn’t though, so it’s not.

...and if he posted quotes from Putin admitting that he enjoys a bit of election meddling, as evidence that he doesn't get involved with election meddling.

Anyway, in unrelated news, it's good to see our boy Trump defending himself from accusations of being a fascist sympathiser by, err, criminalising an anti-fascist group.

2 hours ago, ali_91 said:

This would be comparable if Granny had a picture of Putin and regularly lauded his artistic talents.

He doesn’t though, so it’s not.

It is comparable because Granny has, numerous times, argued that to fail to condemn = condone. Really doesn't matter if there have been other times Biggie was crossed the line. Granny has made that argument in the case of myself on a different matter, and Biggie over the behaviour of Morrisey. The point stands. 

11 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

If you can’t see the difference between asking a vocal supporter of someone to condemn unsavoury elements of their behaviour and asking someone to condemn every single person on the planet who has done bad things then I’d imagine that GD has really got under your skin and you have lost the ability to think rationally. 

Grannies argument was totally counter to arguments he has made on here before. Its hypocritical. Doesnt mean he is "under my skin" or whatever other cliche you wish to insert. Scale is irrelevant. He is saying one thing and has innthe past done the opposite. All I did was point that out. Biggie was one example. Perhaps not a great one, I was the other example. Pretty much a perfect one in the circumstances it happened. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Grannies argument was totally counter to arguments he has made on here before. Its hypocritical. Doesnt mean he is "under my skin" or whatever other cliche you wish to insert. Scale is irrelevant. He is saying one thing and has innthe past done the opposite. All I did was point that out. Biggie was one example. Perhaps not a great one, I was the other example. Pretty much a perfect one in the circumstances it happened. 

To be fair, Granny potentially being a hypocrite doesn’t change the fact that dorlormin was talking absolute shite.

Just now, ali_91 said:

I think GD is a walloper as much as the next man, but you’re a) comparing apples to oranges, and b) choosing the clear wrong side of the argument here. Dorlomin is making a show of himself with some ludicrous points, find another day to pick one of your many tedious battles. 

Aww son

If America lost its mind in the same way the next time some AR15 tooting lunatic walks into a school.  Then it’d be a step in the right direction.  But they love guns too much.  I can’t think of a first world country I’d rather live in less.

There was a peaceful (no violence at least) protest in Toronto on Saturday, mostly due to the death of Regis Korchinski-Paquet, now while there is clear video evidence of a police officer kneeling on Floyd George's neck, people are protesting after Regis Korchinski-Paquet's death because her highly religious mother claims that rather than her daughter having a mental episode and jumping off her balcony that instead Toronto police officers pushed her off the balcony. Seems a lot of people are accepting the mother's word rather than actually waiting for a police to be released. 

Some lunatic threw bleach out of his window at protesters below. I can not wait to move!

16 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Some lunatic threw bleach out of his window at protesters below. I can not wait to move!

Just trying to protect the protestors from coronavirus IMO.

But that is a mental story. In the absence of evidence, it seems far more likely she jumped or at worst, fell, possibly when the police tried to get her off the balcony. But a significant number of people seem willing to believe that one of the police officers just pushed her off the balcony for no reason.

Just shows what an absolute tinder box has been created in the States and Canada with all the incidents recently.

Be interesting if trump tries to use what seems to be the case that the majority of the more extreme riots happened in democratic states/cities as a campaign tactic in the summer. Feel it’s something his base support will easily buy into.

11 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

There was daytime looting of high end shops.
It's nothing to do with George Floyd anymore. It's a bunch of people stealing shit.

Stealing whatever's not nailed down and wrecking everything else. They're destroying their movements reputation and a lot of support that people had for them.