There’s too many dodgy books in my and Mrs Mathematics’ collection to post photos online. This cartoon in Private Eye hits the mark though.

B9E7B4E3-F837-4673-81C0-8AB1684A199C.jpeg

Edited by mathematics

6 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Very nice. Dado joints for the shelves?

No, just straightforward screws, no bowing or sagging with the hard wood, (was old biology lab worktops from the 50's) will try and post a pic later.

[mention=25417]NotThePars[/mention]
The Spectre of Alexander Wolf is a minor classic. 

I picked it up from a Russian art gallery in London a few years back and read it earlier this year. You’re right, it’s really good!

Just cementing how much of a ponce I am.

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

CooperativeFearfulFerret-size_restricted

No bookcase required in Chez Poz. Apart from the Super Bowl 50 book, the only other books I own are a history of the Boeing 747, the history of London Underground graphics and signage,  the history of Concorde, and the history of aviation livery and graphics.

I’m not a big reader. Could count on the fingers of one hand the ‘proper’ books I’ve read.

8 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

We used lockdown as a chance to get rid of dozens of books. Just left them outside with a "help yourself" note and over a few days they were all taken. DVDs too. 

My neighbour did something similar a few days ago.  They put a whole load of books in an expensive looking oak chest with a sign on the lid of the chest saying “help yourself”.  Very kind of them.  I’ve now got a cracking oak chest sitting in my living room.  

I don’t think my neighbour has managed to get rid of all their unwanted books though.  I think that’s why they have been angry and are not talking to me.

No, just straightforward screws, no bowing or sagging with the hard wood, (was old biology lab worktops from the 50's) will try and post a pic later.

Nice repurposing.

80-CEC50-D-FCDE-426-E-BC14-D7120-C16-C01

ETA - EU Law books for sale to the right buyer

Edited by The OP

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I’ve never read a book in my life.

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Darren Mackie found. 

Nah, he didn't tell us the name of his favourite book (that he hasn't read).

20 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

No bookcase required in Chez Poz. Apart from the Super Bowl 50 book, the only other books I own are a history of the Boeing 747, the history of London Underground graphics and signage,  the history of Concorde, and the history of aviation livery and graphics.

I’m not a big reader. Could count on the fingers of one hand the ‘proper’ books I’ve read.

If you were from Fife you could have read an extra book.

Complete with Bunsen burners?

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Hand made my bookcase from solid teak, none of this ikea shite.

Thank you.

Smudger proof!

49 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

People should post photos of their bookcases!

IMG_20200529_194256.thumb.jpg.98f7d6be647483de199bb086856f9cb9.jpg

20200529_201129.thumb.jpg.c6f5af54b6aee02d090d36c515000523.jpgGot a few bookcases & book shelves dotted around. We try to get rid of some books every so often to charity shops, and inevitably buy more.

Won't part with my Ellroy or Camilleri books though.

20200529_195319.thumb.jpg.d6a5dfce0160001e4fed288f34ec384b.jpg

20200529_195218.thumb.jpg.1c0871288770365093180343cd5166d9.jpg

Edited by Silverton End

I've got a few of these bookcases around the house. All shelves cluttered and books usually filed in no discernible order.

Although my Iain Banks are all together. I've got a few Iain Banks left to read. I like the idea of having a new Iain Banks to start, and every now again I do so. But one day I will run out, and that will make me very sad indeed.

I'm missing bookshops. Going into town, picking up a couple of books, and then perusing them whilst sitting with a couple of afternoon pints is a very underrated pleasure. IMG_20200529_195946_1.jpeg

58 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I'm not a big reader. Could count on the fingers of one hand the ‘proper’ books I’ve read.

Six?

4 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Although my Iain Banks are all together. I've got a few Iain Banks left to read. I like the idea of having a new Iain Banks to start, and every now again I do so. But one day I will run out, and that will make me very sad indeed.

Have you read the Iain M Banks collection? If not you've got a serious treat ahead of you. I'd start from the very beginning.

10 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

How very last century. Actual books. Papery things wrapped up in paper. 

Actually, something like a Kindle is pretty much on my radar just now.  

However, one of my preferred times to read is when I go to bed. 

Which is usually some time after I've had absolutely enough of interacting with some screen or other for a large chunk of the day.

So I can see physical books continuing to be very much part of my life, even if/when an ereader appears.

Have you read the Iain M Banks collection? If not you've got a serious treat ahead of you. I'd start from the very beginning.
No! I'm a bit intimidated by sci-fi. Have you got one of those you'd recommend? I'm willing to give it a go.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

straightforward screws - sagging - hard wood

image.png.7bdc8e6c0d36510a0ae573921c8e1376.png