Wearing Face Masks

Face Masks  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Is anyone able to clarify where exactly they’ve bought face masks without being charged a small fortune?

There are online tutorials on how to make one out a sock. You’re welcome!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52945210

I see the WHO and UK government are now recommending they be worn. Will this make a shred of difference?

I heard various soundbites from people on the radio and the general consensus seemed to be that wearing masks was a step too far. Folk were falling over themselves to come up with excuses why they couldn’t wear them. I just think it’s because it’s makes you look a bit of a c**t and folk are embarrassed. 

Edited by Scary Bear

6 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Folk were falling over themselves to come up with excuses why they couldn’t wear them. I just think it’s because it’s makes you look a bit of a c**t and folk are embarrassed. 

Idiots, they would wear sunglasses to protect their eyes, why would a mask be any different?

I don't and i won't until everyone has to wear one. Why do those who wear one , don't wear them properly? Or for whatever reason when they come into the shop they put it onto their chin.
The ones we have been given/offered are useless and don't cover mouth and nose 

I don't and i won't until everyone has to wear one. Why do those who wear one , don't wear them properly? Or for whatever reason when they come into the shop they put it onto their chin.
^^^ The Elephant Man.

• 8 months later...

The reason why mask wearing won't work is that it requires you to be selfless. My mask protects you. It does less for me than it does for you. But if YOU wear a mask, it protects me. Read that on  https://www.protectly.co

That sentiment doesn't exist down here.

Everywhere I go, I see many chin-straps but not many properly worn masks.

Edited by tatf

On 06/06/2020 at 19:05, Robin.Hood said:

I mean. We are all wearing them now.. however still issues with putting them on properly. 

Wearing a mask seems new part of life. Wearing 8 hours of a day is a doddle. We got better ones eventually. 🙂

4 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

I mean. We are all wearing them now.. however still issues with putting them on properly. 

Wearing a mask seems new part of life. Wearing 8 hours of a day is a doddle. We got better ones eventually. 🙂

It's weird that this amount of time into it, the Boomer Chinstrap's still a thing you see on an almost daily basis.

I worked in a shop for a brief period of time near the start of the pandemic, a busy body, nosey type of woman that also worked there used to wear a mask before it was mandatory and then as soon as it was mandatory she stopped wearing one citing health reasons, when she'd come in and see me wearing a mask she'd say "you don't need to bother with that as a worker" etc.. now months after I've left when I go in she's back to wearing a mask (I'm guessing there were complaints) 

Psychology and morons is a fascinating combo. 

Edited by Stormzy

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I do wonder if his opinion has changed or if he hasn’t been indoors anywhere for the last 9 months.

My work has implemented mandatory mask wearing. I still get most of my shopping delivered but I'm out and about almost every day and wear a mask where necessary. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

My work has implemented mandatory mask wearing. I still get most of my shopping delivered but I'm out and about almost every day and wear a mask where necessary. 

Do you still find the mask wearing as bad an experience as you expected it to be? Or not as bothered by it now you’ve had to do it?